Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mastercard wtf musics giants of NOW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:50am
It's like they're all trying to out-stylize each other, vocally and musically.  But it all just seems so fake.

Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:59am
This is ALWAYS on, I never even paid attention to it since I would hit mute and continue what I was doing on the computer. I had no idea this has to do with Master Card!

This extended 2 min version is horrific.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:29pm
ooky my Bubba
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

The "music" of today is very like comparing pro wrestling with legitimate sports. I'm glad that I grew up with some of the finest popular music ever recorded. The rubbish that passes for music today is generated by untalented scam "artists".
There are no "giants" in the world of music today.

That's totally OK.
As you correctly point out, there is no music in the music of today!  DeadDead

If most of these posers tried to make it before 1974 they'd be flipping worm burgers at Mickey Dees and maybe if they are lucky pushing papers in some hot stuffy government office. Today, it's 50% looks, 30% blowing/sleeping/satisfying the kinky fetish of the Harvey Weinstein's and Kevin Spacey's of the entertainment world and 20% luck. Case in point Katy Perry. But, with her weight gain and butch look is on the road to being a footnote has been in the mediocrity of today's culture. And yes, today's kids with their participation trophies and dim bulb parents also contribute to the popular music desert!
I approve this message.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 3:23pm
all i can say is..is SZA really brain damaged or is she ABOVE using language that is comprehensible?

and shes not that hot..seems like they have her in nighty and bed for a REASON

EggRollElvis needs to lay off the methamphetamines...and Asian Roxanne stole all of RunDMCS moves from the late 70s

cutting edge ART
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 1:59am
Wink...well, here you go - I hadn't seen this one before, but I found while looking for another 'background' on the commercial.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:55pm
WinkSometimes MasterCard can get it right.
Here's the Polish contribution to this commercial drive...made by senior citizens with class. You little 'Books with Covers' should listen and learn! If you just don't understand, then you have more to learn. Shaddup, quit whining, go back to school and keep on talking.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:03pm
WinkNow, just so you know...there IS a 'long version' of the MasterCard commercial.
Maybe you want to look it up.
Maybe not.
Maybe you want to know who 'da BabyDaddy be....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:20pm
see? as usual the original SHREDS all 'reinterpretations'

gracias Pa..it just proves the point YET again
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Wink...well, here you go - I hadn't seen this one before, but I found while looking for another 'background' on the commercial.

if this guy loses all his twitchy affectations and stops with the BLOUSES..he could play bars as a garage rocker..when he says he has something to say, does he mean exclusive of Bo Diddleys songs? LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

if this guy loses all his twitchy affectations and stops with the BLOUSES..he could play bars as a garage rocker..when he says he has something to say, does he mean exclusive of Bo Diddleys songs? LOL
LOLWinkIf you want an answer to that you may have to give him some of that 'Special Tiki Affection', Bags...
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:04am

Thumbs Up  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:43am
Well, these are kids 'feeling their oats' and I'll give them a 'pass' (even if I am not fond of their style) because they 'stuck to their guns' and got this far, instead of using their guns. I'd rather encourage than condemn in this case as you HAVE to know they are following and looking for acceptance. I'd rather not have more songs like the beloved below because we misunderstood. Tell them they're doing good then steer them towards 'great' - don't sink them into bouts of depression when they didn't do anything wrong but maybe our stomachs didn't agree with what they did right and the way they expressed themselves
Personally, I've lost too many members of 'family & friends' already.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:48am
Maybe what? Something more like this?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:10am

see? as usual the original SHREDS all 'reinterpretations'

gracias Pa..it just proves the point YET again

It EVISCERATES all 'reinterpretations' right outta the water! I don't remember who said it here but they're right on the money when they said it. "Talent has been on hiatus since 1998"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic