Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Live PD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live PD
    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:59am
I know it's only the middle of the week but I'm already ready for Live PD this Friday & Saturday night.... wth is this going to go 24/7 ?!?!   You know you're ready for it America!
Sponsored Links

Patrick With a P View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick With a P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:47am
QUESTIN:::::::: When they show reruns of this show and call it "LIVE PD" isn't that a lie?
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 11:39am
Originally posted by TV Watcher #1 TV Watcher #1 wrote:

I know it's only the middle of the week but I'm already ready for Live PD this Friday & Saturday night.... wth is this going to go 24/7 ?!?!   You know you're ready for it America!

I love this show.  But....since watching the reruns, I noticed how they changed the commercial breaks.  The way they do it now is very aggravating, because they go to break at 11:49 pm, then come back at 11:52 pm, take another break at 11:55 pm, come back at 11:57 pm, then it's over (yes I've actually timed this!) Where as in the re-runs from last summer, they came back from the last break at 11:55 and went ALL the way until midnight.  Guess they need all that ad revenue to pay Sgt. Sticks, LOL!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:22pm
WTF is "Live PD"?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 3:14pm
I've never seen it.

From DUI checkpoint stops to high-speed chases, bar fights to gang shootings, domestic disputes to drug busts, A&E’s documentary series Live PD captures it all.

https://www.aetv.com/shows/live-pd/about
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 3:37pm
Didn't the show used to be called "COPS"?

Appeared on Fox every Saturday evening around 8pm.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Didn't the show used to be called "COPS"?

Appeared on Fox every Saturday evening around 8pm.

Yeah pretty much 3 hours of cops. There are a lot of strange folk down there in floriland Jimbo. They film live in Pasco county.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:04pm
Pasco County is nothing but a bunch of ya-hoos.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:50pm
I tuned in once.  Not impressed.  It was neither live nor as good as COPs or Jail.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:48pm

I don't need to watch live idiots ruining their lives...just can't think of one good thing that could come of it.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick With a P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 1:06am

OK……….. So I watch this regurgitation of “COPS.” Reruns and all. And the fact that they keep saying “LIVE” does grate on me a bit. BUT!!!!!!!  It does bring up another question. They (and “COPS”) seem to do a lot of drug busts where the drugs are “pills.”

Where are these pills coming from? You might say they are being made overseas and smuggled in. OK……… Then Trump is right, and WE NEED A WALL! ! !     

But…………………… I think MOST of these pills are being made right here I  the U.S.. So why aren’t these manufactures of these pills being arrested??????

Criminal doctors writing criminal prescriptions? Not that many…………… I think it’s the makers, but everyone that counts just turns their heads (and coughs). Then they all SCREAM……………..”DRUG DEALERS!” (and collect the cash?)

Oh well………….. MORE ARRESTS for Live-PD/COPS/???

re-runs and all..........
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:08am
I know something about these things - can I have your name, address, and phone number, please? Easier for me to explain that way.

Take it from one who has been aware of or actually at numerous drug busts...it would be an extremely rare condition where a legitimate manufacturer has veered from the legal distribution path. However, there are plenty of dishonest pharmacists and doctors willing to exploit the weakness of others. My wife believed in 'share the experience / scared straight', so she would occasionally throw me in jail to reinforce her beliefs and points...

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:18am
Quote But…………………… I think MOST of these pills are being made right here I  the U.S.. So why aren’t these manufactures of these pills being arrested??????

You'll have to watch Law & Order reruns for that... 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick With a P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:01am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

However, there are plenty of dishonest pharmacists and doctors willing to exploit the weakness of others.  

I'm so old and set in my ways, it would be hard to change my mind. The point I was trying to make is that these pills are being made in LEGAL factories, by LEGAL companies and move through LEGAL channels to be moved and sold to our children. 

The only people I see being arrested are the street people. While the LEGAL people go free and count their cash. 
TV Watcher #1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Pasco County is nothing but a bunch of ya-hoos.

Last night Dep Carmack & K9 Shep were busting an attractive young couple with meth when a low life drives up on a lawn mower!
That make for great tv!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick With a P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:19pm

I got to thinking about Live PD. Now their disclaimer says that “SOME” of their broadcast is not live but prerecorded.

1)      If NONE of the broadcast is recorded; Then the disclaimer is not needed and shouldn’t be used at all.

2)      If ALL of the broadcast is recorded; then the disclaimer is a lie and shouldn’t be used at all.

3)      If just 1% is live and 99% recorded; then the broadcast is correct, but not very accurate

4)      If 99% is live and only 1% recorded; then the broadcast is correct, but not very accurate.

What is the % ???

And if the announcer doesn’t even use an ear bud of any kind, how can he know when “somethings happening” in one state or the other?  If it’s not recorded………

I think this is just another version of COPS with pretty face for the camera. WTG Madison Ave.

I think the word “SOME” is very vague.

How about:

“Large majority of”

Or

“Small amount of”

Or

“Vast”

Or

“Minor”

SweaterRock View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweaterRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 5:59am
I dig the show, and I never really cared for follow-the-cop shows like Cops.  The live elements and switches to more interesting calls really keep Live PD active.

My biggest complaints, though: the constant commercials, especially the ones at the worst times.  Also, the fact that 99% of the time, the "special guest" is Sticks from Tulsa PD.  I swear, that man must not work for Tulsa PD at all anymore with how much he's on Live PD.  Plus, now he has his own spinoff show from Live PD!

As you can tell, I don't really care for the guy (anymore).  He added an element to the show early on, but now he's just there all the freaking time.  They need to keep getting some other officers in and keep the show fresh.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 1:53am
I like Sticks and his spin-off show. Though I do wish they would have a special guest every other weekend.  

Also, I don't get the timing of the very last commercial break.  They break at 11:53 and come back at 11:57, then off the air at 12.  My husband says they do that to keep everyone in suspense-whatev. I've started turning it off at 11:30 because of that and just catch the end later in reruns.
zgrillo2004 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zgrillo2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 4:10am
those "Ya-hoos" is what keeps your freedom and liberty from evil and tyranny. Never turn your back on them. NEVER
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 4:54am
Actually, ya-hoos are brainless redneck idiots who drive huge, gas guzzling pickup trucks and worship guns because they think it makes them macho he-men, but in reality they're just trying to compensate for their tiny penises.

C'mon, man!
zgrillo2004 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zgrillo2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 11:06am
Are you a native Floridian? I have never met a native floridian with brains. and its no surprise that you are really this stupid
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Patrick With a P Patrick With a P wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

However, there are plenty of dishonest pharmacists and doctors willing to exploit the weakness of others.  

I'm so old and set in my ways, it would be hard to change my mind. The point I was trying to make is that these pills are being made in LEGAL factories, by LEGAL companies and move through LEGAL channels to be moved and sold to our children. 

The only people I see being arrested are the street people. While the LEGAL people go free and count their cash. 
Just caught your response, Sir.
I recall the days leading up to and a few years after the Y2K shock-and-awe period. I worked with a number of Pharma and Financial firms and I can readily say that I would find it VERY HARD for any pharma group to be supplying street dealers. My wife would have very well known about those kind of activities, too, so, I'm not discounting what you say, I just believe it may not occur (in the USA) as much you think. Now, Canada, Mexico, and other countries?....
As far as financials related to this, US Regulatory laws are quite strict and US Banks do not just accept deposits - they have a responsibility and pretty good processes to determine where your money you entrust with them comes from. These laws also apply to any foreign bank operating in the U.S. 
Trust me.
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 12:49am
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 3:24am
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 6:38am
Originally posted by (0)(0) (0)(0) wrote:

When they did a "LIVE" feed from El Paso TX it was POURING rain with some of the streets flooded. And when I checked I saw 

Perception = 0   (that's ZERO!)(as in none)
So it just a big lie. And yet they can all smile at the camera and BIG SMILE
Confused

Don't you mean 'precipitation'?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic