Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh, fer cryin' out loud!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:15pm
I'm about to issue a Silver Alert,  Thor didn't even find a little time for us over the weekend.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm about to issue a Silver Alert,  Thor didn't even find a little time for us over the weekend.
CryYa got to remember he's OLD.
Could be dead - yea, that sounds about right -ya never know.
He lives a life of danger in a dangerous area, all those hefty Italian boyos hangin' around and him probably lookin' a little more old & Irish. They probably gave him some 'cement shoes' and tossed him into one of those plastic kiddy pools filled with 1 foot of water, where he drowned. 

WinkLOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:02pm
I'm only dead on the inside.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:14pm
I think Thor's wicked brother won't let him use the computer very often and won't let him set up his own.

Plus, I think he makes Thor do all the housework like the laundry the dishes and scrubbing floors...

Though I know he dreams of being free....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm only dead on the inside.

LOL  That's the way my insides feel!

Paging Bill, Thor from receiving is needed in sports products.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 7:10pm
^ I've actually done that before!!!

Because really, what can they do, tell you not to do it anymore?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I think Thor's wicked brother won't let him use the computer very often and won't let him set up his own.

Plus, I think he makes Thor do all the housework like the laundry the dishes and scrubbing floors...

Though I know he dreams of being free....

EmbarrassedOur very own little Cinderfella!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:29pm
He's such a delicate little flower....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:11am
Naah...I just don't feel like being on the computer as much as I used to.  20 minutes a day at the most.  Maybe twice that on weekends.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:46pm
I know - I guess what I heard is true - hard to type on your knees while getting that tub scrubbed, too. Do you wear one of those revealing 'French Maid' outfits? No pictures, please.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:48pm
That, plus he has to wait until his mean old big brother goes in the bathroom to spend twenty minutes on the toilet, to sneak into his room and use his computer on the sly.

As soon as he hears the sound of the toilet paper roll spinning on the dispenser, he knows it's time to start logging off and return to the never ending drudgery of his household chores.

Poor ol fella....

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:39pm
Thor, are you spending your time herding cats and breaking up cats and dog fights?  LOL  How are the critters getting along now anyway?  Smile
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:54am
Cherry Hill principal apologizes for 'insensitive' prom tickets

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The principal of Cherry Hill High School East has issued an apology after some words on the school’s senior prom tickets drew criticism.

The tickets told students to “party like it’s 1776,” because the dance is being held at the National Constitution Center.

“It was insensitive and irresponsible not to appreciate that not all communities can celebrate what life was like in 1776. I especially apologize to our African American students, whom I have let down by not initially recognizing the inappropriateness of this wording,” principal Dennis Perry explained in a letter to the community.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 5:20am
What, no apologies to the Baptists because there will be dancing...?  Confused
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:15pm
I wonder if any black students said they were offended. I've grown tired of the trend concerning white people being offended for minority people who have not indicated they themselves were offended. I guess they will have to rename Constitutional Hall or tear it down.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:25pm
Spineless, gutless wimps like the school principal need to stop apologizing for everything and eventually this kind of thing will cease.

When you encourage people to act a certain way by giving in to them and giving them what they want, they'll just keep on doing it and continue to push it as far as they can push it.

All the principal had to say was "We meant no offense by it".

End of discussion.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 7:20pm

Spineless, gutless wimps like the school principal need to stop apologizing for everything and eventually this kind of thing will cease.

When you encourage people to act a certain way by giving in to them and giving them what they want, they'll just keep on doing it and continue to push it as far as they can push it.

End of discussion.
I concur.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I wonder if any black students said they were offended. I've grown tired of the trend concerning white people being offended for minority people who have not indicated they themselves were offended. I guess they will have to rename Constitutional Hall or tear it down.

Yeah, being offended on behalf of others always seems so patronizing, especially when the people they're offended on behalf of, are fully capable of being offended on their own.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:12pm

End of discussion.

Not sure that would satisfy the people who are pretending to be offended.  They require something to happen---some policy change, someone getting fired, some statue removed.

This is one situation that begs for the "Oh, fer cryin' out loud!" response.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic