Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1960's Quiz Time!

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: How did YOU do?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [25.00%]
3 [75.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1960's Quiz Time!
    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 3:51am
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 4:05am
35/35.

No thought required.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm
32/35.

acceptable, I suppose.  Took about 5 or so minutes, if that.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

32/35.

acceptable, I suppose.  Took about 5 or so minutes, if that.

You're excused.

Only us ancient old farts who were actually around back then can be expected to score 100%.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 5:13pm
I missed one.  The British invasion question.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:15pm
I realized pretty early on that I was going to score 100%, so I stopped after about 11 questions.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:04pm
Quitter!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:33pm
^  I really just wanted to see the British Invasion question that aka ron referred to.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 10:21pm
^LOL  Did you make it that far?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 6:51pm
I missed vinyl fashions. Without thinking I choose glitter then realized it was a 1980s thing. The only vinyl clothing I remember in Oregon during the 1960s was yellow rain coats and hats plus black vinyl boots for young school children. They were the opposite of a 'Fashion Statement'!!! The questions were no brainers for anyone who grew up in the 1960s plus the wrong answers were quite obviously wrong.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 7:22pm
It seemed like there was a time limit, I just didn't look at the question.  Pretty simple stuff for people our age.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:25pm
[QUOTE=sgtrock21] I missed vinyl fashions...  [QUOTE]
LOLI'll never forget the first time I saw them on women, which was pretty cool, and then on men, which was downright gross. In both cases the vinyl was clear and used in conjunction with other materials during the 'free love' era. Now, as a person who grew up wearing uncomfortable plastic raincoat that made a person sweat & stink, I NEVER saw the sense in any of it and when the first men's display walking grossly down the street were clear vinyl inserts over butt cheeks, my very first thought was "...wouldn't it be justified, puke-worthy. AND funny if he shat himself?"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic