Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jimbo, is this your "Red'?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jimbo, is this your "Red'?
    Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 12:21am
Haven't seen Wendy's "Red" in awhile, but this woman at 12 seconds in sure looks like her.  Jimbo??

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:01am
Hard to say...

There is a slight similarity and my Wendy's gal has gotten a few years older than when she was doing the Wendy's ads. But the nose looks different, the Wendy gal's forehead isn't quite as high. Hard to tell about the shape of the mouth because the Select Quote gal has her mouth kind of skewed. The chin is different too.

All things considered, I don't think it's her.

One thing did just occurred to me though... the Wendy's gal's name is Morgan Smith Goodwin, making her initials MSG.

What could be more apropos for a fast food spokesperson??!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:54am
*I* think that's her, not that anyone else cares...but I do.
Maybe after a child or two and what appears some light facial reconstructive surgery after events in a Country & Western Bar.
I know that dog, too - just saw it starring in a lost dog commercial where animal detective with a chip locator found her in a back alley after a long night in the wrong side of town.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 4:45am
It's not MSG.  On the iSpot.tv ad, there is only one actress, the "daughter in jeans shirt" listed, so if it were Wendy's Red she would have been listed as she is more famous.  The redhead in this ad is one of the daughters and is a lot younger than old, tired looking, used up Morgan.  Tongue

Eyebrows, nose, chin, neck all are different too.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 6:05am
It also hurts the case for it being her that she's not a natural redhead, I doubt she'd go out of her way to dye it for a non-Wendy's-related commercial.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

It also hurts the case for it being her that she's not a natural redhead, I doubt she'd go out of her way to dye it for a non-Wendy's-related commercial.

Yep.

I completely overlooked that.

MSG's natural hair color is more of a blonde or a wheat type of color.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:36pm
I guess in a side-by-side, I can see the difference.  At first glance, though...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I guess in a side-by-side, I can see the difference.  At first glance, though...

Oh I see... they (redheads) all look alike to you hair bigots, right?

No surprise there.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:40pm
Oh no!  Red's no longer red!

(From her Facebook page.)

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:41pm
Still smokin' hot, though!!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic