Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2018 Super Bowl Commercials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budweiser "Stand By You"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budweiser "Stand By You"
    Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 8:30pm
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 5:21pm
Good commercial! Butt, what if you don't like it in the can? Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:00pm
That was awful!!!!

Another corporate money machine that has made billions over the years helping people become alcoholics, drunk drivers and in some cases, vehicular homicide/manslaughter convicts, exploiting a disaster for PR purposes, then spraining it's advertising arm patting itself on the back.

Notice how they took the extra time, effort and expense to add their name and corporate logo to the water cans?

Wouldn't it have been cheaper, faster and easier for them to just BUY a few truck loads of bottled water and have it delivered directly from the source?

Of course it would've, but it wouldn't have provided them with the great PR opportunity.

I bet they had the commercial all written and video of the production scenes shot before the storm even hit.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:00pm
I'll NEVER buy another Bud as I would hate to have had them mix up the cans - pay for a beer and get a can of water that was destined to be consumed by a destitute child in PR?! I'd be pissed beyond how much I do when I drink Bud (which is never).

Totally political commercial, total BS
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:42pm
I understand being angry about a corporation using their product as PR to gain advantage from a disaster or outrage at a company that is responsible for millions of drunken driver deaths trying to to get a positive spin for profit. However being outraged because a 'desitute PR' drunk from a can of water is just, wrong! They are a US Territory after all!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Yeah, not giving a sh*t about Puerto Ricans who survived a f**king HURRICANE is so noble of you! Rigggggghhht... Did I forget to mention they're a goddamn US TERRITORY!? This time I'm NOT APOLOGIZING! Go ahead BAN ME! IDGAF! I'm tired of not walking on eggshells around your stupid 'sensitivities' I'm DONE!

Who are you talking to?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:00pm
Probably those Puerto Ricans that got our beers in water cans while we got water in beer cans, thanks to the Europeans who own Budweiser and who will probably not send me back my $5.75! That's right! That's the ticket! Screw those Europeans who stole my money and sent my beer to Puerto Rico!  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yeah, not giving a sh*t about Puerto Ricans who survived a f**king HURRICANE is so noble of you! Rigggggghhht... Did I forget to mention they're a goddamn US TERRITORY!? This time I'm NOT APOLOGIZING! Go ahead BAN ME! IDGAF! I'm tired of not walking on eggshells around your stupid 'sensitivities' I'm DONE!

Who are you talking to?
LOL

I think Ad N may be pissed at me, he doesn't like some of my opinions.

Like Judge Milian says..."Say it, forget it. Write it, regret it." Big smile
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 6:57pm
It was a good commercial, but why couldn't they put a Clydesdale commercial in too? The only time we saw a Clydesdale was another one of the 'it's a Tide ad' commercials. Miss seeing those every year.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Who are you talking to?
LOL

I think Ad N may be pissed at me, he doesn't like some of my opinions.

Like Judge Milian says..."Say it, forget it. Write it, regret it." Big smile
Where's the original post from Ad N?  Did he take it off?  Confused
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 8:00pm
The 'edit' feature is a magical thing, as long as somebody doesn't quote you before changes are made.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:10pm
I think AdN might have misread or misinterpreted something posted by either myself or Pa or both of us.

He might have skimmed over it quickly without carefully reading exactly what was posted.

Either way, he's one of us old timers, so he gets a pass for getting pissed off over something posted here.

Guess we've all done it.

Well, I haven't!!!

But everyone else has.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 10:46pm
I thought PaWolf was disparaging Puerto Ricans and that just threw me into a tirade, and whole bunch of other stuff came out and then it just snowballed into a whole bunch of other stuff. That's why I deleted it. It was a stain on my record. It was disparaging and offensive. It wasn't pretty it was insulting. I didn't like it. Some of things I said I didn't really mean. I was lashing out for no good reason. It was out and out anger that was misconstrued. PaWolf wasn't disparaging Puerto Ricans he was mad at the Europeans in charge making Americans get water while Puerto Ricans get beer. Whatever it was no biggie.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 11:54pm
Thanks for clearing that up.  Wacko
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 5:36pm

I think AdN might have misread or misinterpreted something posted by either myself or Pa or both of us.

He might have skimmed over it quickly without carefully reading exactly what was posted.

Either way, he's one of us old timers, so he gets a pass for getting pissed off over something posted here.

Guess we've all done it.

Well, I haven't!!!

But everyone else has.
It kinda sucks that the people who were a little late, after April 15 2008, signing up to the forum are considered second class members. I'm aware of the history of the forum, one of you elite people don't need to educate me.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 6:16pm

It kinda sucks that the people who were a little late, after April 15 2008, signing up to the forum are considered second class members. I'm aware of the history of the forum, one of you elite people don't need to educate me.

I have no idea when Ad Nauseous signed up here or how long he has been around. I just know that, like you, he's been around longer than just a few weeks or a few months and is hence, afaic, an "old timer".

I was just trying to make peace and smooth things over by showing him a little understanding and that his somewhat angry post was nothing to feel bad about, because it was a simple misunderstanding that could happen to anybody.

Hard as it may be for you to grasp, I wasn't even thinking about you.

But if you want to read something else into what I said and take offense to it, knock yourself out.

No concern of mine.

Being that you're an "old timer" too, I guess you get a pass.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 6:22pm

I have no idea when Ad Nauseous signed up here or how long he has been around. I just know that, like you, he's been around longer than just a few weeks or a few months and is hence, afaic, an "old timer".

I was just trying to make peace and smooth things over by showing him a little understanding and that his somewhat angry post was nothing to feel bad about, because it was a simple misunderstanding that could happen to anybody.

But if you want to read something else into what I said and take offense to it, knock yourself out.

No concern of mine.

Are you serious?  I love you, Jimbo.
I got my life with a real woman.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 6:31pm

No concern of mine.

Are you serious?  I love you, Jimbo.
I got my life with a real woman.

Your response to my comments re: AdN sounded like you were offended.

If I misinterpreted you, then ignore what I said.

And congratulations on your real woman.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 7:37pm
TBH, I miss the Clydesdales!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 11:33pm

TBH, I miss the Clydesdales!
Nothing can beat the Budweiser Clydesdales!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 12:54am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Nothing can beat the Budweiser Clydesdales!

I think that depends on what you mean by "beat".

One would hope that nobody would ever even consider physically beating them.

If you're talking about say, a contest of some sort, then it would depend on the nature of the contest.

Let's say it was a contest about which animals can pull the most weight for example.

I would bet that a team of bull elephants could beat the Budweiser Clydesdales pretty handily. Same would hold true in a contest for fending off an attack by a pack of lions on the African savanna.

On the other hand, if it were a contest for pulling a Budweiser beer wagon in a parade through the streets of downtown St Louis, I'd probably put my money on the Budweiser Clydesdales.

I base that assessment mainly on nimbleness and maneuverability through relatively narrow spaces.

Hope that shed some light on the subject.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:09am
Well, "nothing" or no one should ever beat a horse, dead or alive.  I meant the Clydesdales in commercials.  Wink  I should've thought out that sentence better though!  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:36am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Well, "nothing" or no one should ever beat a horse, dead or alive.  I meant the Clydesdales in commercials.  Wink  I should've thought out that sentence better though!  LOL

If you had, I wouldn't have come up with that inane response, so best that you worded it the way you did.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic