Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Annoying TV News personality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Poll Question: Who is the most annoying?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [24.49%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.04%]
0 [0.00%]
11 [22.45%]
4 [8.16%]
17 [34.69%]
4 [8.16%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Annoying TV News personality
    Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 9:42pm
I moderate a website for people who are dealing with Neighbors From Hell.  Dr. Phil was courting the owner of the site trying to get some of our members on his show to try to get their problems resolved.  Now, to me, Dr. Phil is just as much a sensationalist as Jerry Springer and apparently all of our community felt the same way.  None of our members would participate in that show, but a lot of us did watch it.  He tried his level best to make them ALL look crazy and didn't even address what was causing the problems between these people.  Like he's the only sane person on the planet.  PFFFT!!!!   I'm glad you brought Ol' Phil up, gail.  He's an asshat of the worst kind.

Where I live, we've had four years worth of Natalee Holloway....Nancy Grace has recently resurrected this story by reporting that her dad is now going to Aruba with yet another company with yet more cadaver dogs trying to find her.  How about this, Nancy?  Don't say anything until you have something to report.  Dead
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Sponsored Links

cardassian View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 9:34pm
allan colmes came straight out of a bubbling test tube out of the x files, neither fox nor mulder could figure it out.  It's either that or they trucked him in from area 51
Forgive Them Father for They know not what They do
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by emrys927 emrys927 wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by gail gail wrote:

I voted for Suze Orman, even though, technically she doesn't even belong on the list because, technically, she's not a "news personality", unless you call her bullsh*t, con-racket, infotainment news.

But all-in-all, I just despise her.

Oh Jimbo, thank you! I'd posted that way back when. She is loathesome in a Gloria Allred type of way but without the back-up of an actual education.

I wish someone would take her & this moron.....

....& stick them together on a tiny, remote island somewhere out in the middle of the ocean & leave them there.

They could spend the rest of their days eating coconuts & doing live infomercials for each other.

AND they can throw Nancy Grace's stupid ass out there to berate them while they do it. 

.... for special effects, Dr. Phil. Who the hell made him lord and master?
           Why has America replaced Walter Cronkite, Tom Brokaw and Prter Jennings with this tripe? There have to be better contenders.
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 8:56pm

I voted for Suze Orman, even though, technically she doesn't even belong on the list because, technically, she's not a "news personality", unless you call her bullsh*t, con-racket, infotainment news.

Oh Jimbo, thank you! I'd posted that way back when. She is loathesome in a Gloria Allred type of way but without the back-up of an actual education.

....& stick them together on a tiny, remote island somewhere out in the middle of the ocean & leave them there.

They could spend the rest of their days eating coconuts & doing live infomercials for each other.

AND they can throw Nancy Grace's stupid ass out there to berate them while they do it. 
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 8:21pm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 7:08pm
I know it's not a person, but I cannot stand the entire show.   "The Live Desk" on FOX.   It's a show in typical FOX format(from the cable channel to the local affiliates)-a blond bimb0 and an old gray hair guy.    I died laughing at the blond acting like she knew anything about the second amendment!
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 4:58pm

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 1:59pm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by cardassian cardassian wrote:

certified manhater and is utterly ugly matter of factly.

Who?

Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 4:58am
Really.   I'd rather watch Stewart or Colbert, they have more credibility.   They are more realistic journalists.   Glen Beck belongs on Comedy Central. Him passing that show off for news makes me roll on the floor.

The show I watched, he told his viewers to DVR his show and skip to the commercials to support the economy.    I did DVR his show, just so I could then delete his show.   I loved the popup message from the DVR that said Are you sure you want to delete Glen Beck.   I almost broke the A button by saying yes. :D
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 4:50am
   I despise him!
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 4:47am
Glen Beck is truly insane.    I watched his show the other day and this guy was jumping around, crying, screaming, cracking jokes and telling us the world was going to end.   It was like watching one of those televangelist shows on the church channel.    That guy is a clown. Whoever wanted to hire him for the news channel should be fired.
cardassian View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 5:33pm
certified manhater and is utterly ugly matter of factly. Nancy Grace that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dead
Forgive Them Father for They know not what They do
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

Anybody and I MEAN anybody on E! Entertainment.....what are they thinking? A.J. Hammer. Asleigh Banfield, Kim Guilfoyle,,,ugh! Sadly, I saw Banfield and Guilfoyle as actual correspondents on CNN and was totally shocked. Chic hair,none of the idiotic constant smiling; would never have guessed that they really are news pros. There's another guy whose name escapes me; a gossip a.h. that looks like Pete Wentz,Ashlee Simpson's dork of a hubby. He needs to be quietly deep sixed.

I absolutely agree with you. nearly every 'talking head' you see on E! is annoying beyond belief. Especially Ryan Seacrest, and Giuliana Rancic. These two need to be shot! And speaking of 'Seacrest', Simon, Paula, and Randy need to be shot too!

Amen to that! We are being turned into a nation of idiots; it is no wonder other countries are losing respect for us. When Rihanna and her idiotc boyfriend are considered "news".
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by emrys927 emrys927 wrote:

I'm amazed that Matt Lauer didn't make it onto this poll.  This guy is a blow-hard, won't let his victims finish answering his own questions before he starts hammering them about something else, and is just generally insufferable.  I would normally like the Today show but for him.  Where in the world is Matt Lauer?  Hopefully burning merrily in hell.

I agree, I don't like this A Hole one bit. I laughed when I heard he slammed head first into a deer - but then felt sorry for the deer. Too bad it wasn't an 8 pointer that could have added a few gores to his pompous ass.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 11:32am

Anybody and I MEAN anybody on E! Entertainment.....what are they thinking? A.J. Hammer. Asleigh Banfield, Kim Guilfoyle,,,ugh! Sadly, I saw Banfield and Guilfoyle as actual correspondents on CNN and was totally shocked. Chic hair,none of the idiotic constant smiling; would never have guessed that they really are news pros. There's another guy whose name escapes me; a gossip a.h. that looks like Pete Wentz,Ashlee Simpson's dork of a hubby. He needs to be quietly deep sixed.

I absolutely agree with you. nearly every 'talking head' you see on E! is annoying beyond belief. Especially Ryan Seacrest, and Giuliana Rancic. These two need to be shot! And speaking of 'Seacrest', Simon, Paula, and Randy need to be shot too!
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 10:33pm
I'm amazed that Matt Lauer didn't make it onto this poll.  This guy is a blow-hard, won't let his victims finish answering his own questions before he starts hammering them about something else, and is just generally insufferable.  I would normally like the Today show but for him.  Where in the world is Matt Lauer?  Hopefully burning merrily in hell.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

Banfield was a correspondent for MSNBC waaaaaaaayyyyyyy back at the beginning of the war in Iraq.     She was one of the people over there and she was a really good reporter.     I haven't seen her lately, but that's pretty sad if she's working on E!.   

And Ashlee Simpson's husband, don't insult him.   You could put an Old Navy store mannequin next to Ms. Simpson and it would be a better person.    And probably more REAL when it sings too!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Diz, read farther down. I like Ashleigh Banfield....to  see her on E! is insulting. To watch the show is tragic. My kids used to have it on in every room. Thankfully, they're over it.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 8:57pm

Banfield was a correspondent for MSNBC waaaaaaaayyyyyyy back at the beginning of the war in Iraq.     She was one of the people over there and she was a really good reporter.     I haven't seen her lately, but that's pretty sad if she's working on E!.   

And Ashlee Simpson's husband, don't insult him.   You could put an Old Navy store mannequin next to Ms. Simpson and it would be a better person.    And probably more REAL when it sings too!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 8:13pm
   There you go!! That's nice to hear. I was watching an interview/ corresondence show on CNN and if they hadn't announced her, I'd never even guessed that it was the same person.She was incisive ,intelligent , and had a Catherine Cryer type of style, minus the arguing. Ashleigh Banfield is really a pro as well. I saw old footage of her and didn'realize she'd been around so long.
   Those stupid enmternmaiment "news" are so damned irratating.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 6:32pm
Kim Guilfoyle used to be married to Gavin Newsom, mayor of SF.  She also was an assistant DA in SF, and a Deputy DA in LA.  She also used to be a Victoria's Secret model.

No slouch, that one.

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 2:55pm
PrinceJ View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinceJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 12:20pm
I think you should "awso" have Lori Stokes on that list.
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 6:44am
Good movie Dizz. I can't ever bring up O'Reilly with conservatives because most jump to the conclusion that I don't actually listen to his points and that because of my "predisposition" I would clearly oppose anything and everything. Not true and not fair. He has his points but he's just so crude, callous, and selfish in his dialogue. Of course there are people who truly admire those qualities. I get the feeling that most staunch right and left leaning individuals quite simply first align themselves with their budding political views, most likely those expressed in their household or from those around them when they were young and through adolescence, and then discard everything else down the road. I'm not excited about labels but I may be "liberal" in my beliefs on various issues; however, I am dead serious about not buying into a generalized view.

There are so many issues that, though I generally align liberal on (and I don't see any need to name each issue here and start some pointless flamefest as it is irrelevant my point), I know I cannot, for certain and with absolute finality, make my full-fledged case. I know how I feel about the issue and probably have a good handle on the facts but not the near-omniscience I would require to satisfy my own judgment. I'm okay with the reality that I don't need every answer right now nor have the time or need to argue my views on every issue at this point in my young life. That doesn't mean I don't care or feel the urgency to put in the time, I'm just focusing on my immediate life, like we all do and can hardly judge others of doing any less proficiently. To have an answer on any particular issue, I would do my very best to pull out every last resource pertaining to it, study it all, study it all, and study it all again and again and again. Maybe I would change my view, that's okay with me, but I'm not content with taking the easy way out and buying into party-fed views.

Now, my actual point. I find far more often than not other liberals and left-leaning individuals also feel this way that we need to really dig deep and understand all the facets and implications of any particular issue at hand, wherever it may place us on the left-center-right spectrum. I'm sorry to the conservatives around but I hardly find self-proclaimed conservatives that aren't card carrying members. They stick to the talking points, they share the same regurgitated information passed down from major media markets, and most importantly and I find most disturbing is that they hardly show any sign of unsureness about their views--as if were all so simple, as if they are entirely aware of all the many implications and strings attached to every complex issue. Yes, I know liberals can do all the same tricks but my point is I truly witness that significantly less so. I don't mean to imply that conservatives are always wrong, of course they're not, but I just don't see the same humility and willingness to be ready and say "you know what, I see this differently now that I've really done all the homework myself on this issue and I think this answer is the most just and fair way to go about it to all of those implicated."

Like I said, I don't agree with labels, they perpetuate the evils of partisan politics. A two-party system circumvents justice in most cases and this brand of competition does not necessarily make a better product. I think it's a shame, an excuse to package your views up neatly without worrying about any friction from at least one-half of the population. Sometimes it serves as an excuse to not think for yourself--left and right alike. I may be seen as bleeding liberal but I see myself as striving to stay aware, concerned, and compassionate for the many things occupying this planet. I decide where I stand on each issue, problem, and argument, one at a time, by understanding it without the rose-colored party-issued glasses. Again, this argument can just as quickly be flipped on its head and I can be told the same about liberals, but honestly I think you'd be kidding yourself about the lack of truth in my observations. To preclude any "that's your opinion, these are stereotypes" BS, I know, I hear you. I understand the idea that, in many ways, I'm simply self-diagnosing my own world view--I get it.

Anywho. Olbermann doesn't have a driver's license. Never has. I know. Wowzas.

Rice cake time motherf*ckers. Back that ish up wut wut.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:47am
Originally posted by snooze snooze wrote:

This is some 20 years ago when he was hosting Inside Edition. While his looks have changed his demeanor hasn't much. Here he dismisses it on his show.

For another take on the meltdown check out the producer's angle.

Have u ever seen the movie "Outfoxed"?   In this movie about FOX "News" there is a clip of Bill-o the Douche-o berating and attacking a relative of a 9/11 victim, just days after the attack.    The rubble was still smoldering and Bill-o and the rest of the Republican mouthpieces at FAUX Noise were already beating the drums of (illegal, false) war.    The guy on the show did not agree with Billo that we should launch attacks in retaliation.   He even signed an anti-war petition.   That sent Billo over the edge and it looked like it was going to turn violent.    

This is just one of many reasons why I burn with hatred of this man.    He has the nerve to insult someone who lost more on that day than anyone can ever imagine.   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic