Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KFC - ...And the new Col. Sanders is.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

This has just gotten absurd...I wouldn't be surprised if Ru Paul Sanders showed up...

That would be a male--->female--->male tranny?  Hard to wrap my mind around that.

Sponsored Links

Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 3:32am
I'd love to see Tracy Morgan as the Colonel.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

This has just gotten absurd...I wouldn't be surprised if Ru Paul Sanders showed up...

That would be a male--->female--->male tranny?  Hard to wrap my mind around that.

Just go with dark meat.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 3:16pm
its SO BAD...and her SCHIBILANCE with SCCHHS makes it WORSCHE
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 2:18pm
Even though I posted the YouTube videos, I never watched them in it's entirely. I've been lucky to avoid the new ads on TV...until yesterday and last night.

Holy sh*t, they are extremely cringeworthy and just plain awful!! It's now an instant "HIT MUTE NOW" commercial. F off KFC!AngryAngry

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:40pm
! It's working on me! I found myself humming the tune Colonel Reba Sanders sang! ! Nevermind I'll drown it out Apollo 440's "Cold Rock The Mic"!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

W....T.....F?!!!? I'll never buy KFC food again. That's it, my last straw with this god-awful fast food joint. Find some old Colonial Harland Sanders clips, or find a new campaign dammit! Your founder is violently rolling in his grave! DeadAngry
This incredibly stupid campaign is far beyond it's 'pull by date' but I am finished with KFC for another reason. I loved KFC as a kid. After that a visit was quite rare. Three years ago I picked up my Grandson from kindergarten. I asked what he wanted to eat. He requested KFC mac-n-cheese. I noticed they had chicken pot pie. I love pot pies so I ordered one. I was huge (three meals for me) and surprisingly good. About a year ago I ordered one to go from my local KFC. I arrived home and started to dig in. A stainless steel fork would not break the crust! I had to stab hard to break it with a heavy kitchen knife! The filling was nearly solid!. The KFC had been open less than an hour. Was my pie under the heat lamps overnight? Never again!!!DeadDeadDeadAngryAngryAngry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 10:42pm
I used to like their chicken nuggets with the horseradish sauce.  Then they d/c'd the horseradish sauce.  I've only had KFC a few times since.  Now, it's been maybe 10 or 15 years.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:44pm
Another reason to avoid KFC:

Within an hour or so of closing time, they are often out of chicken.
Either entirely, or particular pieces (wing, breast, etc..), or styles (Original, Grilled, Extra-Crispy, etc..).

Audio at:  16:02 

Takeaway:  KFC intentionally provides poor service in part because that's what their customers buy.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Another reason to avoid KFC:

Within an hour or so of closing time, they are often out of chicken.
Either entirely, or particular pieces (wing, breast, etc..), or styles (Original, Grilled, Extra-Crispy, etc..).

Audio at:  16:02 

Takeaway:  KFC intentionally provides poor service in part because that's what their customers buy.

I used to frequent KFC as an alternative to burgers and Mexican food (or "Mexican" food if going to Taco Bell LOL)  and noticed this also.  When coming home at night after work and not wanting to cook, they'd be out of the one type I wanted.  Once they were out of biscuits!

They also pissed me off when I was on some diet I could get a grilled chicken piece but NO salad or green vegetable, only fattening mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni and cheese, fried potatoes, corn (which is not on the green vegetables list) and biscuits.  What made me finally sign off on KFC was the last time I ate their food I got sick, like really fast, so it wasn't anything else.  Maybe they didn't cook the chicken thoroughly or something was wrong with the cole slaw.  Ouch
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The only way it could get more absurd....

Kernel... Sanders.

LOL! I like this a LOT better than Reba McIntyre.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:14am
Screw it! I wanna go back to the animated Colonel Sanders from the late 90s to early 2000s!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 4:22pm
I was hoping the Colonel Reba Sanders commercial was a one time mistake. My hopes were dashed yesterday with number 2. The Horror!Angry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
ollymo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ollymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:16pm
I never liked her anyway, and then when she showed up as the new Colonial Sanders....WTF?  She is noj-talent, can't sing and now pretends to be a man!!!  What next?  Really, what next...Ouch
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 11:30pm
Hopefully, Danny Trejo, wearing a Col. Sanders wig.  Big smile  LOL  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I used to like their chicken nuggets with the horseradish sauce.  Then they d/c'd the horseradish sauce.  I've only had KFC a few times since.  Now, it's been maybe 10 or 15 years.

Well, you know you can buy your own horseradish sauce, doncha?

Probably even at the Dollar Tree, which I think is where the mostly full jar I've had in my fridge for the past five years or so came from.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:55pm
Apparently, KFC's Colonel Sanders' Evil Twin Is DC Comics' Newest Supervillain.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Apparently, KFC's Colonel Sanders' Evil Twin Is DC Comics' Newest Supervillain.

http://www.gq.com/story/colonel-sanders-as-supervillain

I wonder what his supervillain gimmick is going to be.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a death ray type device that, when pointed at someone and activated, immediately turns them into a deep fried, extra crispy golden brown.

Or original recipe, depending on how he has the switch set.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic