Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chick-fil-a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crunchycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chick-fil-a
    Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:00am
So, there is this set of commercials that we see about 20x each morning, all flogging the new Egg White Grill breakfast sandwich. Two feature women; one woman is eating her sandwich while opening her new business, while the other young mother is doing bicep curls using her young son (“Gee, Mom, you’re strong!” “Oh, you bet I am!”). The one commercial featuring a man has him having barrettes put in his hair by his young daughter. Yep, let’s make the guy look like a weakling while the women are all girl power.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 4:00am
Who would want to eat eggs without the yolks?

Bleh.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Bleh.
When my Grandson was little he wanted hard boiled eggs which he would disassemble and eat only the whites. I ate the yolks. About 2 years ago he switched to scrambled. Quite normal for a 6 y/o. About 3 months ago he asked for sunny side up! Go figure.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Bleh.

When my Grandson was little he wanted hard boiled eggs which he would disassemble and eat only the whites. I ate the yolks. About 2 years ago he switched to scrambled. Quite normal for a 6 y/o. About 3 months ago he asked for sunny side up! Go figure.

I don't like runny yolks. Everything has to be cooked firm.

Recently I've switched from frying my breakfast egg, to baking it in the toaster oven in a baking dish.

Less work.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Bleh.

I don't like runny yolks. Everything has to be cooked firm.

Recently I've switched from frying my breakfast egg, to baking it in the toaster oven in a baking dish.

Less work.
I've always heard it should be cooked until solid, food poisoning and all.

Panera has a new one out with the yolk running down the side of the sandwich...barf.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 5:13pm
^The kid says, "You look amazing"  Which made me think of this!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Panera has a new one out with the yolk running down the side of the sandwich...barf.

Who wants to eat a raw, runny bird embryo anyway???

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 5:59pm

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Who wants to eat a raw, runny bird embryo anyway???

LOL

Respect the baby bird! Dammit!

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:31pm

Bleh.
I'd starve before I ate an egg. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Bleh.
I'd starve before I ate an egg. 
I eat eggs. Like 'em soft-boiled or sunny-side up, barely cooked, so the whites may still resemble spit - this is especially true if used on any sandwich. If you're doing the Ramen Noodle 2-minute boil, break open a raw egg and dump it in. Having said all of this, I'm not big on RAW eggs.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:53am
I prefer a nice soft boiled egg, when the yolk is soft yet not too runny. It's the way I was brought up. I also dip toasted bread wedges into it, (we call them soldiers back home).
The other way I fancy eggs is in a nice fry up. Frying them in bacon or usage drippings is bad for your cholesterol, but they taste yummy. I also enjoy baked beams with my fry-ups, rather than the Yank home fries.
And a nice cuppa!
One man gathers what another man spills
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 5:26am
Originally posted by crunchycon crunchycon wrote:

So, there is this set of commercials that we see about 20x each morning, all flogging the new Egg White Grill breakfast sandwich. Two feature women; one woman is eating her sandwich while opening her new business, while the other young mother is doing bicep curls using her young son (“Gee, Mom, you’re strong!” “Oh, you bet I am!”). The one commercial featuring a man has him having barrettes put in his hair by his young daughter. Yep, let’s make the guy look like a weakling while the women are all girl power.

Then somebody squirts some ketchup on those eggs, and social media goes apesh*t over a perceived sexual innuendo... 
LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Originally posted by crunchycon crunchycon wrote:

Then somebody squirts some ketchup on those eggs, and social media goes apesh*t over a perceived sexual innuendo... 
LOL
I sometimes put a little ketchup on scrambled eggs.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic