Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holiday ads!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holiday ads!
    Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 2:11am
As I type this new thread let me point out that the current date is January 21, 2018. Christmas week was one month ago, yet I constantly see Christmas ads on the telly! Enough with it! 
I know the fiscal year depends on the spending of the public during that time of the year, but when do the "holidays" end?
I know that people tend to hang on to the Christmas season for a very long time following the holiday, as I see many family's still have their houses decorated with lights, and several still have their tree lit up in their houses. I also know that many folks enjoy those decorations, as well as that time of the year, because it brings families together. I just don't understand why so many hang onto the holiday season well past it's due date.
One man gathers what another man spills
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 3:39am
I haven't watched live TV in a while so I've missed the holiday ads.  What the hell are they advertising?  Christmas sales are over.  I hate seeing anything Christmasy on December 26.  Enough!  It's over, people!  They start in on "Christmas Creep" earlier each year; it's only another six month wait at this point.  OK, maybe 8 months because Halloween starts September 1st and many stores co-mingle the two nowadays.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 6:03am
I start taking my stuff down after the beginning of the new year (a few days later than usual this year because of lots of rain.)  And Christmas lights (inside the house) are cheery on dark, dreary days.  Still need to put some lights away, but that's cuz I'm just being lazy... Wink
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I haven't watched live TV in a while so I've missed the holiday ads.  What the hell are they advertising?  Christmas sales are over.  I hate seeing anything Christmasy on December 26.  Enough!  It's over, people!  They start in on "Christmas Creep" earlier each year; it's only another six month wait at this point.  OK, maybe 8 months because Halloween starts September 1st and many stores co-mingle the two nowadays.

Auto ads are the biggest culprits at extending the "holiday" sales format. I'm sick of those ads. The only "live" tv I seem to view anymore is during sporting events. I'm a huge ice hockey fan, and I've been enjoying the NFL playoffs (even though my team wasn't involved).
One man gathers what another man spills
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Auto ads are the biggest culprits at extending the "holiday" sales format. I'm sick of those ads. The only "live" tv I seem to view anymore is during sporting events.

Join the club! In addition to sporting events the only live TV I watch are the Thanksgiving and New Year's Day Parades. Other than that I have far better things to do! Wink
Poiuyt Power!!!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 11:15am
IKR? Around January 2nd,there was a butter commercial where a little boy's dad ate the cookies that were meant for Santa and the boy admonished his father for eating Santa's cookies and they needed to make him more cookies. The commercial said something like,"Need butter to bake cookies in a hurry?" I thought,"You guys do know it's JANUARY, don't you? :/
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 4:31pm
Ever since I got Roku last year, I sometimes wait to watch my regular network TV shows I follow on Hulu or whatever Roku channel it's on, the next day or later so I miss all the commercials on them.  Thumbs Up  For instance, I just binge-watched the last 3 episodes of one show with not one ad.  Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic