Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"I Love ...er....a.....Lies"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "I Love ...er....a.....Lies"
    Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 4:24am

I saw a re-run of (blah blah blah) comedy the other day. It doesn’t really matter which one as they are all pretty much the same. After viewing a few other I found they have at least one thing in common.

LIES!

The whole half hour is either based on a big lie or it’s a real life situation with lies inter-twined for the 30 minutes.

The stars are out right told to lie, or it is suggested a lie can be told, or everyone knows a lie is in full swing and the laugh track is then turned up.

And when you are good and disincentived the commercials and their lie’s are shoved down your throat.

The lesson here is………”Lie and be noticed.”

So the next time you are going to watch a comedy, re-run or not, turn on your “lie meter” and see how many are really there.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 5:26am
I don't watch modern TV, sitcoms or otherwise.

I only watch the "classic TV" channels and PBS.

Nothing on modern day TV I'm interested in or can stomach.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:55pm
I'm the opposite of Jimbo, I want the modern (5+ year old shows) that I see.  It sucks that the programming is so limited. Freaking shows I've already seen at least once in the past few months.

The 7:00 hour is kinda dead so we will watch...Barbara Billingsly as The Beaver. Tongue

This morning, the gAyBC channel was off the air, I found a full length JC show. It was nice!

(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:03am
I just find it interesting that when a lie is told, suggested or implied the laugh-track is turned up and we are suppose to be entertained. Then the commercials come on.(more lies)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic