Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domino's Pizza Insurance- WTF?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domino's Pizza Insurance- WTF?
    Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 7:12pm
So! You own a nice home, drive a minivan and you still eat Domino's pizza...Loser!

Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 9:57pm
Seriously, if you drop your dominos pizza and it flips upside down on the ground, just pick it up and eat it.  Are you really going to notice a difference??  I assume that this moron took an Uber down to dominos to get his fully insured pizza replaced though, because his car isn't going anywhere.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 11:11pm
I like the 'business concept' as long as it is free for the customer. It's a real winner for people who live in the world where 'Murphy's Law' applies to everything every day.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 11:52pm
You'd think in this day and age in this nation of ours you'd be able to get top flight pizza. Giordanos of Chicago has outlets in Florida and the pie is as good as the home turf. You got tons of great NYC, and Chicago Pizza. Even here in the Baltimore, Washington area there's good stuff. Amazing how these chains, Pizza Butt, Domiblows, and Short Eyes Pappa Johns can make cardboard crud and pass it off as pizza and make $$$. Even some of the frozen stuff is as good if not slightly better. If these sh*t chains would spend even a quarter of their advertising budget on making a quality product they's be amazing.
I approve this message.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 1:08am
Ahh, Giordanos... Amazing pizza is one of the few things I miss about living in the Chicago area. Colorado has a lot of things going for it, but pizza isn't really one of those things.

I would eat Digiornos before I would eat Dominos, and no way I would ever eat Papa Johns.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 1:37am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

You'd think in this day and age in this nation of ours you'd be able to get top flight pizza. Giordanos of Chicago has outlets in Florida and the pie is as good as the home turf. You got tons of great NYC, and Chicago Pizza. Even here in the Baltimore, Washington area there's good stuff. Amazing how these chains, Pizza Butt, Domiblows, and Short Eyes Pappa Johns can make cardboard crud and pass it off as pizza and make $$$. Even some of the frozen stuff is as good if not slightly better. If these sh*t chains would spend even a quarter of their advertising budget on making a quality product they's be amazing.

Thank you thank you thank you! The best pizza I ever had in no particular order is Berkshire Cafe, Marzanos Pizza, De Capos, Nicholas Pizza, Roma Pizza and others.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 1:51am
I live in the region of the U.S. that produces the best pizza made in the entire country. The pizza cooked in family owned pizzerias in the Philadelphia-N.J.-New York City region is delicious. The crust is thin, crunchy and perfect, the cheese mixture often contains fine, imported Italian varieties, and the sauce is some of the finest marinara, with a touch of added spices that no "chain" could ever duplicate.
I feel bad for people who have to rely on "chain" pizza throughout the country.
Domino's is a f**king culinary joke!
So is: Pizza Hut-Papa Johns-Pizzeria UNO's deep dish sh*te-Little Caesar.....and all of the rest of those ersatz chains!
One man gathers what another man spills
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:38am
Just another twat who has screwed up priorities. And it makes me laugh that businesses have to literally give customers blow jobs just to keep them happy. It's all bend down and kiss the customer's ass.
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 3:26pm

I actually had two great pizzas from two different places on Tybee Island, GA.  Who would have ever thought that Tybee Island would have decent pizza.  There is absolutely NO excuse to eat Domino's, Little Sleazer's, etc.  DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 4:15pm
Moronic! After a somewhat nasty ice storm here last night, I wonder how many Domino's Delivery people slipped on theirs a$$es delivering pizza. Does that "insurance" money come out of his/her paychecks? 

(They were showing a LOT of pizza delivery people on the news last last week during that Bomb Cyclone silliness, many delivering on bikes.)

ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 6:02pm
It's good to see that so many people prepared themselves for the oncoming storm...........Ermm
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 8:53pm
I actually had two great pizzas from two different places on Tybee Island, GA.  Who would have ever thought that Tybee Island would have decent pizza.  There is absolutely NO excuse to eat Domino's, Little Sleazer's, etc.  DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Who knew? I wonder if the owners came from Chicago or New York. They can make a boat load of $$$. I like Little Sleazer's! Some of mine Sh*tter Diseasers, Abonible Domiblows, Peeper Johnny On The Pot. The crap is cardboard at it's best. Who can forget Pizza Gut Rot?

I approve this message.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:06am
If you've ever tried Round Table, you're missing out. They are a West Coast chain with pizza that is 10 times better than Domino's. Try their King Arthur's Supreme! On the other hand, this Domino's ad sucks, just like the 'tear it all down' commercials of last year. 
I think the 'Noid' needs to come back, and tear up and destroy his own nemesis!
https://images.fastcompany.net/image/upload/w_1280,f_auto,q_auto,fl_lossy/fc/3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6.jpg
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:36pm
When I was in college, I delivered pizza for Dominos.  I also delivered for Papa Johns for a very short period of time.  I also worked at Pizza Hut.  Wow, never saw that my life had a theme, but apparently it does.

Anyway, pizza like Dominos is perfect for a starving college student.  It's a cheap meal.  It should never be confused with actual pizza.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

When I was in college, I delivered pizza for Dominos.  I also delivered for Papa Johns for a very short period of time.  I also worked at Pizza Hut.  Wow, never saw that my life had a theme, but apparently it does.

Anyway, pizza like Dominos is perfect for a starving college student.  It's a cheap meal.  It should never be confused with actual pizza.
When a starving hipster millennial student gets autopsied or a colonic they'll find that there's moldy cardboard inside and worms.
I approve this message.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm
^LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

If you've ever tried Round Table, you're missing out. They are a West Coast chain with pizza that is 10 times better than Domino's. Try their King Arthur's Supreme! On the other hand, this Domino's ad sucks, just like the 'tear it all down' commercials of last year. 
I think the 'Noid' needs to come back, and tear up and destroy his own nemesis!
https://images.fastcompany.net/image/upload/w_1280,f_auto,q_auto,fl_lossy/fc/3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6.jpg

Been there...for some "all you can eat" lunch thing near where I used to live.  It wasn't very good.  I ended up eating more salad than pizza.

But I grew up on New Jersey pizza, so I might be spoiled.

On the other hand, you can't get a good burrito here.  Not enough Mexicans, maybe.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 12:35am
Originally posted by ILUVTOMH77 ILUVTOMH77 wrote:

People in the northeast find it hard to believe, but it is possible to get good NY style pizza all the way down the Eastern Seaboard. Especially the closer you get to Florida. People who owned pizza places up north get tired of the noise and congestion or whatever, move farther south and go back to doing what they did up there... making and selling pizza the same way they made it before.

There are some great pizza places around here, alongside the chain places.

Re: Little Caesars, they really aren't too bad. At least the one I go to isn't.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic