Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Name a commercial fad you hate immensely.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by raynjuls raynjuls wrote:

The constant use of BAD hip hop music (correctedWink) in commercials...  I'm not a fan in the first place, but when it is sugar coated to sell a product, it is horrific

ClapAgreed!
 'Rap' is not 'music' and is 'gangsta' and pushes the limits on 'accepting the brutal ignorant as equals' and does ethnically-slant anything when used in the background which alienates many possible customers. Having said that, ANY RAP used in any commercial is a bad thing.

I swear I am not biased and I do not carry a little white 'Pope Hat' in my back pocket.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

Any and all discussions of things that happen between belly button and knees. Confused  I also hate "Smartass Wife/Dumbass Husband commercials.    On that note...off topic...this is my FAVORITE commercial of all time.  LOLLOLLOL

One of my favorites too.

I used to sub at a local high school where one of the boy's P.E. teachers/football coaches used to jokingly call the kids "Dumass" (doo-mahs) when they'd do something boneheaded.

I don't know why root beer commercials are so funny, but this Mug root beer commercial is one of my all time favorites:

Something about the goofy look on the kid's face or something.

I just noticed the Twin Towers wish they were still here. The new complex is okay but pales in comparison to the original. Now I'm basing this on videos and pictures I've seen not on personal experience. The last time I saw them before 9/11 was in a morning in 1999 from a car window heading East looking North trying to find the Statue of Liberty. I was looking at images of the towers noticing how perfect and symmetrical they were. Funny thing is if they were still around I would first notice how ugly they are. Odd how a tragedy does that to your thinking. Stupid Silverstein still wants the leaning tower of POS. @#$& it! Build a twin! The skyline looks downright defeated right now holes still there. I'll never get over 9/11! Maybe I will! who knows!

Back on topic! If I hear that damn "I'm All The Way Up" song on the Mountain Dew commercial, one more FRIGGEN time! I'M GONNA LOOSE IT!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Adcritic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adcritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 2:37am
FOCUS GROUPS -- especially those with the disclaimer, "Real People. Not Actors".  This is becoming so commonplace that it seems to me to be the 21st century equivalent of the 60s-70s supposedly spontaneous hidden camera interview with a shopping housewife conducted by a product demonstrator.  (My mother worked for a major ad firm during that time, and she told me that what qualified as "hidden camera" as they filmed the scripted commercial was simply a technician throwing a towel on top of the camera ...)
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 4:03am
Originally posted by Adcritic Adcritic wrote:

FOCUS GROUPS -- especially those with the disclaimer, "Real People. Not Actors".  This is becoming so commonplace that it seems to me to be the 21st century equivalent of the 60s-70s supposedly spontaneous hidden camera interview with a shopping housewife conducted by a product demonstrator.  (My mother worked for a major ad firm during that time, and she told me that what qualified as "hidden camera" as they filmed the scripted commercial was simply a technician throwing a towel on top of the camera ...)

The way advertisers LIE these days, "hidden camera" could be their iPhone in a pocket or purse.
Meanwhile, they are filming with a legitimate camcorder.

Hey... still "technically" true.
The iPhone has a camera, and it's hidden from view.  Angry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Adcritic Adcritic wrote:

LOLI've always loved truths built with simple qualifying humor like that!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

1. ANY commercial involving singing and/or dancing.

2. Any commercial making some poor unfortunate guy look like an idiot because he happens to have been born a man.

3. Any commercial starring the song Holiday Road.  This is a new one.

4. Any of the countless NFL Football is Family commercials.  Like the one with the fkn moron (see #2) with the Raiders shirt on at a family gathering of KC fans.  Anyone who's so into football that it affects family relations really needs to reexamine their life's choices.

5. OMGIGOTAFKNCARFORCHRISTMAS!!!! commercials.

6. "Sensitive topics" commercials like laxative commercials, boner pill commercials, and tampon commercials.

7. Commercials with made up words.  Smelfy, framily, etc...

8. Food commercials that make fast food look like gourmet food, when in reality it's a thin patty slapped on a flattened bun with a shot of off colored ketchup and a "pickle".

9. Commercials with screaming children.  My ears instantly start bleeding.

Also

10. Commercials.  I just hate commercials in general.  Rarely do I see one that doesn't make me want to kill my TV.

Using that lame limp wristed group Vampire Weekend for any commercial. I loathe their light on the loafers Hipster drivel. The link above is their follow up sh*t hit to Holiday which has got to be one of the worst songs. Sounds like this group put their dildos in the dishwasher and they got free from the racks and banging around inside the DW tub! Add anything with Holiday Road. Hated that song in its original form. Fleetwood Mac starting with Rumors really Jumped The Shark. As mentioned screaming kids, man shaming and kids eating messy. Broadway Musical Show Tunes in commercials, excessive singing and dancing. Lack of humor in commercials thanks to the Milennials and their anal love of political correctness. AND WORST OF ALL? CHRISTMAS CREEP COMING EARLIER AND EARLIER. HATE CHRISTMAS AND HATE CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

I approve this message.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:49am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

1. ANY commercial involving singing and/or dancing.

2. Any commercial making some poor unfortunate guy look like an idiot because he happens to have been born a man.

3. Any commercial starring the song Holiday Road.  This is a new one.

4. Any of the countless NFL Football is Family commercials.  Like the one with the fkn moron (see #2) with the Raiders shirt on at a family gathering of KC fans.  Anyone who's so into football that it affects family relations really needs to reexamine their life's choices.

5. OMGIGOTAFKNCARFORCHRISTMAS!!!! commercials.

6. "Sensitive topics" commercials like laxative commercials, boner pill commercials, and tampon commercials.

7. Commercials with made up words.  Smelfy, framily, etc...

8. Food commercials that make fast food look like gourmet food, when in reality it's a thin patty slapped on a flattened bun with a shot of off colored ketchup and a "pickle".

9. Commercials with screaming children.  My ears instantly start bleeding.

Also

10. Commercials.  I just hate commercials in general.  Rarely do I see one that doesn't make me want to kill my TV.

Using that lame limp wristed group Vampire Weekend for any commercial. I loathe their light on the loafers Hipster drivel. The link above is their follow up sh*t hit to Holiday which has got to be one of the worst songs. Sounds like this group put their dildos in the dishwasher and they got free from the racks and banging around inside the DW tub! Add anything with Holiday Road. Hated that song in its original form. Fleetwood Mac starting with Rumors really Jumped The Shark. As mentioned screaming kids, man shaming and kids eating messy. Broadway Musical Show Tunes in commercials, excessive singing and dancing. Lack of humor in commercials thanks to the Milennials and their anal love of political correctness. AND WORST OF ALL? CHRISTMAS CREEP COMING EARLIER AND EARLIER. HATE CHRISTMAS AND HATE CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

But how do you REALLY feel about Christmas and Christmas music? Evil Smile
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:51am
Not really a fad, but any commercial with that goofy giant idiot Shaq. He is everywhere now hawking all sorts of crap. Really hate that guy!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

11. Any company who's commercials present their product in the most obnoxious manner possible. Angry
12. Political commercials, ether side. Angry
13. Coping with 20 or more minutes of commercials per hour. Dead

14.  Any commercial that just outright LIES to viewers.  (Oh wait, that's ALL of them.)  Angry

^ THIS!!!! THEY ALL LIE!!!!!Angry
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:04pm

You're not kidding-- I especially loathed all these jokes of commercials that insisted that Trump would "Make America Great Again," when all he's done since becoming President is make it worse than it has ever been!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

Not really a fad, but any commercial with that goofy giant idiot Shaq. He is everywhere now hawking all sorts of crap. Really hate that guy!
Yea.  He never met an advertiser that he didn't like.  Same with Peyton Manning.  See him more now than when he was actually playing.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by bmasters9 bmasters9 wrote:

You're not kidding-- I especially loathed all these jokes of commercials that insisted that Trump would "Make America Great Again," when all he's done since becoming President is make it worse than it has ever been!

How so? 

Dow soared well into the 24,000s today.  That's 6,000 points since he was elected.

MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

How so? 

Dow soared well into the 24,000s today.  That's 6,000 points since he was elected.

The retort commonly used on the CNN forums and other realms of liberal land is that things Obama did when he was President are the REAL cause of the markets being up and Trump had nothing to do with it............................despite the fact that it's been a YEAR. blah blah blah I guess the fact the markets were in decline before Election Day and started SHARPLY going up the very same MORNING that Trump was elected doesn't mean anything.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 8:29pm
Shaq I can take him or leave him. Peyton come across as retarded. Guess all the hits on the gridiron. Especially disliked him with creepy I shoul drss as a clown Poppa John passing off that cardboard as pizza. And Peyton in that Nationwide commercial chomping on that tube steak parm sub.
I approve this message.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 9:09pm

I just love it when liberal lefty Dems slip in their Trump Hate into every narrative, as if the entire country agrees with them, and their opinion is a stated fact.  We don't and it's not.

Boo hoo, your candidate hopeful didn't win.  Get The F Uck Over It!  Cry

I would like to hear one real reason why your life is personally worse off now than it was on November 7th or January 20th.  Not some crisis you foresee in the future because of what might happen.  What has happened since DJT has become Prez.  See Thor's post about the stock market.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I just love it when liberal lefty Dems slip in their Trump Hate into every narrative, as if the entire country agrees with them, and their opinion is a stated fact. We don't and it's not.

Boo hoo, your candidate hopeful didn't win.  Get The F Uck Over It!  Cry

I would like to hear one real reason why your life is personally worse off now than it was on November 7th or January 20th.  Not some crisis you foresee in the future because of what might happen.  What has happened since DJT has become Prez.  See Thor's post about the stock market.

Trump is a dangerous, mentally unstable megalomaniac who has made the world less safe with his blowhard sabre rattling and intentionally trying to provoke other mentally unstable megalomaniacs who are even worse than he is.

As a world leader he is bush league and even members of his own party are embarrassed by him. He has the worst approval rating of any President in history at this point of his presidency and deservedly so.

He openly and brazenly lies and changes his positions on just about every issue from one minute to the next because he knows his shallow thinking supporters don't care. The only thing he's ever told the truth about is when he said he could walk out onto 5th Avenue and shoot someone, and he wouldn't lose any popularity with his base.

As for Thor's comments on the stock market, whatever they were, the stock market enjoyed a huge rebound under Obama but I didn't hear any Trumptards crowing about that. Besides, anything Thor says about Trump is no more believable than anything Trump says about himself.

Trump is trash.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by MontanaTrav MontanaTrav wrote:

The retort commonly used on the CNN forums and other realms of liberal land is that things Obama did when he was President are the REAL cause of the markets being up and Trump had nothing to do with it............................despite the fact that it's been a YEAR. blah blah blah I guess the fact the markets were in decline before Election Day and started SHARPLY going up the very same MORNING that Trump was elected doesn't mean anything.

You're right. It doesn't mean anything.

Mainly because it's not even true.

The Obama bull market: A 140% jump in the Dow

Now the orange clown is going to raise your taxes in order to give himself and the rest of the 1% a big fat tax cut and you all will just sit and clap like trained seals.

Truly amazing.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 12:40am
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

Every time I see (hear) Shaq on a commercial, I can't help but wonder why his tongue is five-inches thick!  Confused
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Every time I see (hear) Shaq on a commercial, I can't help but wonder why his tongue is five-inches thick!  Confused

If you'd ever seen one of his shoes, you'd understand.

When he used to play on our hometown b-ball team, a local sporting goods store had one of his sneakers on display.

The thing must've been two feet long!!!

C'mon, man!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 5:37am
excessive multicultural families
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

excessive multicultural families

Agreed.

Or, equally as bad, multicultural friends hanging together.

I know of at least one of those nauseating Holiday Road commercials that utilize that gimmick.

C'mon, man!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:02am
yes, there's the millennial multicultural friends, usually four, sometimes five, squished into a Honda Fit or something equally small, playing hipster music, laughing it up, eating all manner of junk food and pop.... in reality if that were happening in my car, I'd change the station, pull over the side of the road and boot them all out with their junk food. Nobody eats in my Z-4!!! (also, I can't squish more than one other person in my bimmer, unless someone folds up in to the trunk)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

yes, there's the millennial multicultural friends, usually four, sometimes five, squished into a Honda Fit or something equally small, playing hipster music, laughing it up, eating all manner of junk food and pop.... in reality if that were happening in my car, I'd change the station, pull over the side of the road and boot them all out with their junk food. Nobody eats in my Z-4!!! (also, I can't squish more than one other person in my bimmer, unless someone folds up in to the trunk)

C'mon, man!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:41am
LMAO - yes! Exactly that. btw - there's no way in hell that cake would ever be allowed within ten feet of my car
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:45am
I'm surprised the little hipster hoodlums didn't throw it out the window at someone walking down the sidewalk on the way to wherever they were going.

About what it's good for...

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic