Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dementia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 4:29pm
Dollar Tree has word puzzle books that are well worth the dollar you will spend on them. Object is to find the words listed at the bottom of the page. They are all somewhere within a box full of letters. You have to search up and down, cross-wise, and diagonal, backwards and forwards.
What has become fun is to sit with a couple of people and rip a page out for each person and have a race to see who can finish first. The first while as you get a group coming back to play again,  The winner is NOT allowed to gloat but rather sits with the others, especially if they appear challenged, and walk with them through their sheet while not appearing to make it seem so easy and remaining upbeat and reassuring when they find words on their own. I've watched a few people get really good at this (although I am not one of them). It can be a fun event, especially if you hold a morning coffee single puzzle play at someplace like Hardee's. I play whenever I can.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

My dad suddenly just lost it on his final trip to Florida in 2005, his girlfriend and my sisters decided he needed to be protected from himself. He drank a lot, I should pay more attention to the things that will make me live longer.

Good Lord, that's horrible. I am so glad that I went sober a long time ago. I wasn't a good drinker, and I cannot imagine what that would do to me in my current condition.
Thanks for sharing this, aka ron.... it's a very valuable point to understand.
One man gathers what another man spills
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic