Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pillsbury "in this home" commercials.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leehopdong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pillsbury "in this home" commercials.
    Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 9:31pm
So I had trouble finding the actual ad online for some reason, but ill give a brief description of one of them for those fortunate enough to have not seen them. Pillsbury has started running commercials showing a well to do family baking cinnamon buns, biscuits, etc. Ok cool. Thats what they sell. I get it. What pisses me off is when they throw in some feel good plucky guitar music and a speech about being grateful when they have "both a little and a lot". (Especially when it shows a family in a nice cushy house. You know these people aint hurting). and happy and family and all that crap. ITS A FREAKIN CINNAMON ROLL. It comes in a tube. Its not full of sentimental good time crap. Im sick of ads trying to be all sentimental and making a simple product into a "heart warming" phenomenon. It doesnt help thst they show some nasty giggling little girl with a mouth full of half chewed cinnamon buns. That grosses me out. It definitely doesnt make me want a cinnamon bun. Ok, rant over. Please, please let there be someone else who shares my hate boner for this ad.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 10:45pm
I'm guessing this is it, though I can't tell much about the house.  And yeah, all the manufactured sentimentality.  It's like getting all warm and fuzzy over Kraft macaroni and cheese.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Leehopdong Leehopdong wrote:

So I had trouble finding the actual ad online for some reason, but ill give a brief description of one of them for those fortunate enough to have not seen them. Pillsbury has started running commercials showing a well to do family baking cinnamon buns, biscuits, etc. Ok cool. Thats what they sell. I get it. What pisses me off is when they throw in some feel good plucky guitar music and a speech about being grateful when they have "both a little and a lot". (Especially when it shows a family in a nice cushy house. You know these people aint hurting). and happy and family and all that crap. ITS A FREAKIN CINNAMON ROLL. It comes in a tube. Its not full of sentimental good time crap. Im sick of ads trying to be all sentimental and making a simple product into a "heart warming" phenomenon. It doesnt help thst they show some nasty giggling little girl with a mouth full of half chewed cinnamon buns. That grosses me out. It definitely doesnt make me want a cinnamon bun. Ok, rant over. Please, please let there be someone else who shares my hate boner for this ad.

Yeah, you've hit upon one of my pet peeves.

AAMOF, there was a thread recently regarding a similar commercial for a similar product... Pillsbury Grands biscuits (link), in which I opined something similar to what you pointed out here.

Welcome to CIH, BTW.

Hope you hang around and have fun here.

Some of us have been around for over a decade.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:02pm
OMFG I hate this commercial!  Food smashed/smeared all over a child's face is freaking disgusting!  Not to mention that little heifer should probably lay off the "extra icing".
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

OMFG I hate this commercial!  Food smashed/smeared all over a child's face is freaking disgusting!  Not to mention that little heifer should probably lay off the "extra icing".

Yeah, I'm thinking they should maybe make Nutrisystem their family tradition...count their calories rather than their blessings.

"Golly, how we kids always loved the low-fat yogurt and carrot sticks snack!"

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 6:54pm
Yes, welcome to the OP.

After you clean up that egg, you clumsy little bastard child.  Get the hell out of my kitchen! Angry

More thoughts and a different commercial.  I can't stand this guy's voice...I think it's Blake Shelton! Angry

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pillsbury Grands- Things We Made
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Yes, welcome to the OP.

After you clean up that egg, you clumsy little bastard child.  Get the hell out of my kitchen!Angry

More thoughts and a different commercial.  I can't stand this guy's voice...I think it's Blake Shelton! Angry

ROFL! Good point BTW where the @#$& is Pop N' Fresh? He's the mascot of Pillsbury!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 12:45am
Maybe they could use Pop N' Fresh like a sponge to wipe the broken egg up off the floor.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 4:23am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Maybe they could use Pop N' Fresh like a sponge to wipe the broken egg up off the floor.

Heavens no!
That's what Flapjack (dog) and Biscuit (cat) are for !!

See photo at far right.
(See, I told you I had a Doughboy fetish!)  Wink

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 5:27pm
These commercials are making me sick!!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 9:11pm
"you can't buy this you can't buy that." Um HELLO you BOUGHT your Pillsbury Grands Biscuit thingamajig DUH!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 5:50pm

Yes, welcome to the OP.

After you clean up that egg, you clumsy little bastard child.  Get the hell out of my kitchen! Angry

I don't understand why my pictures keep disappearing.  Confused

Does a screenshot have a shelf life?

Here we have one that bothers me a little less...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 6:18pm
Tim Allen had a bit about the doughboy, I've looked everywhere.  It goes something like this...

How bout we just pop 'him' in the oven at 375, he's knocking on the oven door. "Hey, it's getting awful hot in here!"  Another few minutes go by.  "Let me out of here!"

He comes out the Pillsbury soul boy, deep voice and all.  "I'm gonna cut you!" 
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:50pm

Tim Allen had a bit about the doughboy, I've looked everywhere.  It goes something like this...

How bout we just pop 'him' in the oven at 375, he's knocking on the oven door. "Hey, it's getting awful hot in here!"  Another few minutes go by.  "Let me out of here!"

He comes out the Pillsbury soul boy, deep voice and all.  "I'm gonna cut you!" 

My fantasy involves a "DARKENED" Doughboy running from someone holding a butter knife.
*(You know, to scrape....)

Nevermind...  Tongue
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:33pm
Pop N' Fresh is back! (AKA The Pillsbury Doughboy) I just saw an ad a couple minutes ago where a kid is up at night alone on a stairway watching Pop N' Fresh/Pillsbury Doughboy poking Santa Claus stomach making him go "Ho Ho Ho" and Santa poking him making go "Hee Hee". Huh, I just it again! Nice ad.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking they should maybe make Nutrisystem their family tradition...count their calories rather than their blessings.

"Golly, how we kids always loved the low-fat yogurt and carrot sticks snack!"

You all are cracking me up. Just the description of the commercial is a turn off! Up till recently, there was one of these pushy commercials where an affluent preppy/yuppie family were passing around crescent rolls. The same sh*t squeezed out of a tube like my cat squeezing out a nice steaming ploppy/turd. It comes down to the last squeezed turd crescent roll and the two dorky gay brothers fight over it. Now if I was writing the commercial I'd change it up a bit. Dork brother number one. "Ok Bruce, you can Hoover down that last roll the way the theater teacher inhales your 2" pecker between class periods. Meanwhile, I got the last copy of the best of Broadway Musical show tunes box set and you can't listen!
Meanwhile the Good Goes Around Cheerios Honey Bee that goes around to bad ghetto hip hop wrap stings the old rich bitch grandma on one of her saggy down to the floor tits. Mean Barbara Bush like granny just so happens to be allergic to bee stings and falls backwards on the floor croaking Help, I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up. But wait! There's More, Blonde leggy built rich girl slut saunters into dining room in a barley there cheerleader skirt sans undies with a mean looking dude named Lotrell and tells the rich family in EXTREME VOCAL FRY! MEET LOTRELL, HE'S THE DADDY OF MY MIXED RACE BABY THAT'S GOING TO DROP AT THE DEBUTANTE BALL at the Waspcroft Country Club this coming July!
I approve this message.
Sassimanx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sassimanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 12:05am
So yeah that kid at the end...number one she needs to be put on a diet that cant be a healthy weight for her and number two why not stop the commercial after she gets the cinnamon roll i mean sh*t NOBODY on this freaking planet can find her half chewed face smeared in icing face enticing. THAT just disgusts me!! I cant even watch the end of the commercial for fear of feeling like I want to vomit. GROSS i can live with the rest of the commercial but that part just disgusts me. 
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 9:11pm
I've noticed the majority of ads take place in condos or homes that in real life would be worth millions of dollars. 
The Peloton overpriced rich white people bikes are a big offender. Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic