Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cars for Christmas??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cars for Christmas??
    Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 8:37pm
It has started!!! Every year I see an onslaught of car commercials for Christmas time. Kia is already out there. My question for all of you.... Have ever given or received a car for Christmas? Do you know of anyone who ever received or given a car for Chrsitmas? They make it seem like giveing a car is as easy and affordable to give a car as it is to give a necktie.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:23pm
Nope unless your counting 1/23 or 1/43.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:13pm
My wife has made this exact observation every year these F#*in car gift ads roll out..I think its wishful thinking and idea placement on the car mfgs parts
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:33am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

My wife has made this exact observation every year these F#*in car gift ads roll out..I think its wishful thinking and idea placement on the car mfgs parts
That's the main reason I hate these Cars for Christmas / December to Remember commercials.  It sets everyone up for being less than stellar if a brand new luxury car isn't in the driveway with a big red bow on top.  What?  You didn't give me a new car for Xmas?  Don't you really love me?  It just brings on gift-giving anxiety for men and they have enough anxiety as it is.  What really kills me is the wife who buys the husband a car for the holidays.  Say what?

At least the real estate agencies don't advertise Homes for the Holidays and suggest that you should've bought the wife a new HOUSE!

Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:42am
I hate them simply because they promote and encourage an even higher level of crass greed and materialism than society already suffers from.

As if it's not bad enough already.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Oldiesmann View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:37am
It also seems to encourage those with money to flaunt that fact. What better way to show you've got more cash than you know what to do with than to give someone you love a Lexus for Christmas?
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:30pm
There is of course, ONE EXCEPTION.....

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:43pm
Approve
OKOKOK already! You don't need to tell me that Elvis and Oprah have NOTHING on Pawolf - they've never been 'competition', they're not even in the same league as my incredible self is. Oprah can keep trying - keep reaching - but Elvis? He's dead, so...ashes to ashes, Elvis got left in the dust by Paw, doncha know.
*I* give away more cars every XMAS than Oprah has dreamt of seeing.
If you don't like the car I bestow on your lower-life-form-self, then do with it as you wish - maybe paint it.
Here is the first batch for the first 75 board members. One each, no fighting.
https://plus.google.com/+JohnPruittMotorCompanyMurrayville/posts
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Thank you for that!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Thank you for that!!!!
LOLokok-THAT is a keeper!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:32am
You could say she was, blown away!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:36am
LOL

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 2:24pm
well this is ONE tangent [B'Bam in general] i can GET BEHIND
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 2:13pm

It has started!!! Every year I see an onslaught of car commercials for Christmas time. Kia is already out there. My question for all of you.... Have ever given or received a car for Christmas? Do you know of anyone who ever received or given a car for Chrsitmas? They make it seem like giveing a car is as easy and affordable to give a car as it is to give a necktie.

I'm glad you said it. Every year I say the same thing. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 4:12pm
I can't even afford a car and they show me what I can't have since I have to ride on public transportation like everyone else?

I hate Christmas car commercials!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

I'm glad you said it. Every year I say the same thing. 
WinkI'm SURE both of you have known or known of someone who got a car for XMAS...and, if you're anything like me, you never wanted to know the shallow schmucks, anyway.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 12:18pm
The closest I came to giving a car, was the year I drew a parking lot with chalk, on the driveway. I filled my lot with matchbox sports cars, I gave my husband a card that read, wish you could have the real thing.
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 3:08pm
Was thinking the same thing. Who the *loud ship horn sounds* has so much money that they give cars for Christmas? Probably the same ones who gives a new teen driver a brand new car.

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

[QUOTE=tikibagger]
At least the real estate agencies don't advertise Homes for the Holidays and suggest that you should've bought the wife a new HOUSE!

Angry

Was thinking something similar except mine was more of a "What's next?" type thought.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:03pm
These ads are probably the impetus of many holiday suicides.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

These ads are probably the impetus of many holiday suicides.

Ouch!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 3:58am
I hate the muzak of Trans Siberian Orchestra, or whatever it's called.
One man gathers what another man spills
SalvorHardin View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalvorHardin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 5:08am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

They're more like buttrock, Mannheim Steamroller another commercial favorite is Christmas muzak.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Jimmy, perhaps this will change your mind?

...but I'm thinking NOT!  Tongue 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic