Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heineken 'Jackie Stewart' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heineken 'Jackie Stewart' (video)
    Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 1:28am
ConfusedOnce upon a time a long time ago, I was a bit of a Jackie Stewart fan.
I like racing and fast cars as much as the next man.
I don't like the overly-righteous non-drinking individual. He waves off beer so often I would swear he is a member of the Temperance League. In fact, *I* want a beer because I am so tired of watching him 'act so responsibly'...then I want to run over him..
And the song sucks very, very badly.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 1:35am
I've seen that one a couple of times.

I wonder where they got all that old film footage of him waving off offers of Heineken beers?

I'm guessing it was done with computers somehow because the likelihood of there being that many pieces of film in existence, going back several decades at that, of him being offered Heineken beers and turning them down, is somewhere between slim and none.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 1:44am
He waved off more beer in that one commercial than I've waved off in my entire life. Maybe twice or three times as much. Friggin' 'prude'.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 4:51am
I was just happy that he didn't talk much. I used to hate listening to his constant droning during a race. Actually, when I want to hear a nice Scots accent, I'll call up a recording of Sheena Easton! 😍

I don't drink at all, so hoist one for me also Pa.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

He waved off more beer in that one commercial than I've waved off in my entire life. Maybe twice or three times as much. Friggin' 'prude'.
I find it odd that he supposedly was instrumental in getting Heineken to sponsor F1, is still promoting it in ads but does not use it.Confused
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 4:27pm
Sir Jackie knows his sh*t when it comes to motorsports, I have a lot of respect for him.

I made a new friend when I moved back to Indy.  I was in the 10th grade.  This Jewish guy, a couple of years older than me, turned me on to Karate.  His hair and sideburns looked exactly like Jackie in those early shots.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 5:54pm
The commercial itself doesn't bother me it's the freaking SINGING!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 9:31pm
The idea is that Jackie Stewart doesn't drink and drive, not that he's a teetotaler.  Heineken is advertising their product with the admonition to not drink and drive.

Thanks for butchering a perfectly wonderful David Bowie song!  That's the bad part of the commercial!
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:22am
Did he say "motorcar"?
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 10:25pm
ConfusedNo matter the blabberingbitch is still rattling out this terrible tune, I'm waiting for a 'CNN SPECIAL REPORT' where we all hear that Heineken has gone 'belly-up'. It's only a matter of time before one too many people have waved off their chance at drinking a Heineken.
Crommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 2:32am
What I hate you hate too...
*Should show him enjoying a Heineken after a victory.
*Funky retro CGI.
*Horrible song that applies in no way.
*Kid offering a beer to a guest LEAVING the party. Is that a European custom or what?
Jackie should have said to him, "Where were you when I arrived? I can't have a beer now, fool". You know Neil Patrick Harris would have clowned all over the kid.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Crommy Crommy wrote:

What I hate you hate too...
*Should show him enjoying a Heineken after a victory.
*Funky retro CGI.
*Horrible song that applies in no way.
*Kid offering a beer to a guest LEAVING the party. Is that a European Non-US custom or what?
Jackie should have said to him, "Where were you when I arrived? I can't have a beer now, fool". You know Neil Patrick Harris would have clowned all over the kid.
Big smileWinkWelcome aboard and thanks for those thoughts.
I took the liberty of 'Pawizing' your post - please forgive me.
Why would I do such a thing?
During my time and travels on this big ol'goofy earth, my view is that almost everything in the US of Trumpia is sanitized to the point of bland beyond belief and acceptable to all. which sometimes makes me wonder why the outside world looks at the EUA (USA) as 'The World' and 'Official Trend Setter'. It isn't uncommon for a drink before the ride home, especially if you are a passenger or riding around in some form of party trolley.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 5:56pm
LOL

I bet PaW would go for something like this.

Trolley Pub Madison

The first time I visited madison, I saw this thing called the Trolley Pub rolling down the street.  The riders were having the time of their lives.  Singing, yelling, drinking and pedaling their booties off. Quite literally.

My org was hosting a conference last month in Madison and to celebrate a successful event we took the team out on two of them.  Ok.  First and foremost - our tour guides! Danny and Luis. LOVED LOVED LOVED THEM! SO GREAT!

Not going to sugar coat it  - it's real work. haha.  There is no motor. Legitimately human powered.  SO it's not for the faint of heart. But I will say... once we got up the hill, got through a few "I can't believe you're making me do this" and a round at the first bar - the excitement quickly rose and we had the...  Best. Time. EVER.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/trolley-pub-madison-madison-3

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:15pm
TongueHey aka! YES I WOULD and, only as an FYI never forget during YOUR travels, trolley pubs are everywhere - and even any number of European streetcars are full-blown party wagons with full bars.
Private 'party wagons' tend to get busted as things can get out of hand pretty quickly.
In many cities with beachfronts, there are trolley cycles where everyone sitting at the bar with feet has to peddle & pay for their drinks. I haven't done one of those yet, but I really want to and get really trashed but not let anyone see it while I influence their pities and get them to be so proud of having the opportunity of 'peddling for the old' (after about 1 beer, I might LOOK like I'm peddling, after about 3, I'll have others telling me to sit back and enjoy the while they pay for my drunk.   
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 8:01pm
That actually sounds like fun...even for this non-drinker.

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 12:24am
I thought this was an ad for Jaguar. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 2:57am
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

I thought this was an ad for Jaguar. 

LOLLOLLOLName one person stupid enough to want one of those 'hobby cars' that will spend more of its life in a mechanic's garage than it will like a toad on the road?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic