Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Rogue - New Trick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Rogue - New Trick
    Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:47am
I hope this hasn't been posted yet, I did look but didn't see it, so here goes. This commercial is just so typical of today's millennial advertising. Here we have the happy quintessential family unit: Dad, Mom, Daughter, and their family fur-baby Daschound. It's family funtime in the front yard as Dad throws the lovable fur-baby his frisbee, and Mom and Daughter look on in joy. But uh-oh, something's not right, the fur-baby is looking very sad. Dad to the rescue! With his bionic arm, he sends that frisbee half way across town (maybe the Niners should sign him). Happy family drop everything to chase said frisbee, not caring if they mow down a man walking his great dane in the crosswalk, along the way. Daschound barks: "Get out of the way ash-hole." in it's tiny one woof bark at the dog 40 sizes bigger than it. They quickly race the frisbee to some sort of outdoor event, driving their crappy Rogue straight past the event security and into the stadium. Little dog jumps out and Mom cleverly kicks the hatchback to allow her fur-baby the height he needs to catch the frisbee in front of a crowd of onlookers who are probably thinking wtf? Now, on a personal level, I know daschounds, two of my friends have one each, and my aunt used to have one. They are viscous! They would rather rip your arm off at the shoulder than be made to catch a frisbee! I just bet that little evil dog was waiting for a chance to bite one of the actors. It probably sized up the kid as the softest target first. Then it would take out Mommy-Dearest. And lastly, dear old Dad, if he hasn't already high-tailed out of the bloody massacre that would ensue. Here's the clip:
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 1:20am
That is a truly stupid commercial.

I liked this "New Tricks" much better....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 1:27am
NO MORE JOURNEY! I've had it up to the top of my skull with Journey songs. STOP PLAYING THEM, I've HAD IT, seriously!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

NO MORE JOURNEY! I've had it up to the top of my skull with Journey songs. STOP PLAYING THEM, I've HAD IT, seriously!

I didn't even notice that until I went back and listened to it again.

I won't stop believin'.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:01am
oh yeah, I'm sick of that dumb Journey song as well, and it's the only Journey song that ever gets played, even though they had several hits off that album.... thanks to the tv show "Glee." Well, it could be worse, they could be playing REO Speedwagon.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

I hope this hasn't been posted yet, I did look but didn't see it, so here goes. This commercial is just so typical of today's millennial advertising. Here we have the happy quintessential family unit: Dad, Mom, Daughter, and their family fur-baby Daschound. It's family funtime in the front yard as Dad throws the lovable fur-baby his frisbee, and Mom and Daughter look on in joy. But uh-oh, something's not right, the fur-baby is looking very sad. Dad to the rescue! With his bionic arm, he sends that frisbee half way across town (maybe the Niners should sign him). Happy family drop everything to chase said frisbee, not caring if they mow down a man walking his great dane in the crosswalk, along the way. Daschound barks: "Get out of the way ash-hole." in it's tiny one woof bark at the dog 40 sizes bigger than it. They quickly race the frisbee to some sort of outdoor event, driving their crappy Rogue straight past the event security and into the stadium. Little dog jumps out and Mom cleverly kicks the hatchback to allow her fur-baby the height he needs to catch the frisbee in front of a crowd of onlookers who are probably thinking wtf? Now, on a personal level, I know daschounds, two of my friends have one each, and my aunt used to have one. They are viscous! They would rather rip your arm off at the shoulder than be made to catch a frisbee! I just bet that little evil dog was waiting for a chance to bite one of the actors. It probably sized up the kid as the softest target first. Then it would take out Mommy-Dearest. And lastly, dear old Dad, if he hasn't already high-tailed out of the bloody massacre that would ensue. Here's the clip:
Thanks Kelly H. The Youtube I downloaded yesterday would not work.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 2:01pm

heres a query..why is it white women love Love LOVE:

Journey

Crap country music?
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Journey

Crap country music?

I don't know.

But Beavis and Butthead obviously weren't Journey fans...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:29pm
^LOL

Those long haired wiener dogs are so cute I want to strangle them. And as far as playing frisbee goes, maybe Anduril can confirm this, I doubt they would be able to jump like other breeds. Really short legs and all.

Don't stop, bee weaving! Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I wonder how many woven bees with that caption those guys got sent to them by fans?

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 1:23am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOL

Those long haired wiener dogs are so cute I want to strangle them. And as far as playing frisbee goes, maybe Anduril can confirm this, I doubt they would be able to jump like other breeds. Really short legs and all.

Yep.  Unless you're throwing that Frisbee down a gopher hole, forget it.
But do not let those little short legs fool you.
They can easily outrun you.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:34pm
I always seem to focus on this technology in these car ads, geared towards the distracted a-holes fiddling with phones, while the pedestrian is staring at HIS phone - or in this case, speeding through downtown L.A. chasing a frisbee. Dead

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I always seem to focus on this technology in these car ads, geared towards the distracted a-holes fiddling with phones, while the pedestrian is staring at HIS phone - or in this case, speeding through downtown L.A. chasing a frisbee. Dead

So many car commercials encouraging reckless driving because their computer will save everyone! "I'm sorry Dave. I cannot apply brakes at this time. Please stand by". There is a local Subaru dealer commercial starring a satisfied customer which is typical. He is a typical 'Hold my beer and watch this s**t" idiot demographic'. He states: "When I was a kid I saw drivers flying 100mph through the woods and always wanted to do that"! He now has a Subaru Impreza 220+hp turbo WRX sti. I'm avoiding the woods!     
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Journey

Crap country music?

Well that's a bit presumptious, I'm a white woman, and I can't stand Journey. That's like assuming all black guys like hip hop and rap.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:09pm

Well that's a bit presumptious, I'm a white woman, and I can't stand Journey. That's like assuming all black guys like hip hop and rap.

Whereas I'm a middle aged white male and I don't hate them.

Go figure.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:18pm
I hate hearing them because they're way overplayed, so there.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:22pm
They had a few decent songs, it was a sucky time for pop music.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:27pm

Not only that, see that orange hand? That means "DON'T WALK" that means the guy is crossing AGAINST the light! That idiot couldn't wait to cross the road with his dog, almost causing an accident!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:13pm

Not only that, see that orange hand? That means "DON'T WALK" that means the guy is crossing AGAINST the light! That idiot couldn't wait to cross the road with his dog, almost causing an accident!
Putting his beautiful, sweet and innocent Great Dane at risk!  Whenever I walk dogs, I always give the traffic a big leeway and even let cars whose drivers motion for me to go drive on.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:04pm
The idiot had his stupid face buried in his dumbphone like about 90% of the rest of the idiots wandering around loose these days, so he wasn't paying attention to the traffic or the safety of himself or his dog.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Go figure.

Never hated this song, other Journey tunes were ok. 
BUT...their videos were downright corny!

Especially this one, it's so bad, it's becomes comical, it may even be more comical with the volume on mute. LOLLOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:05am

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Go figure.

Never hated this song, other Journey tunes were ok. 
BUT...their videos were downright corny!

Especially this one, it's so bad, it's becomes comical, it may even be more comical with the volume on mute. LOLLOL

I posted this in another thread recently.

You should enjoy it...

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:00pm
It's hard to take music seriously when you have a synthesizer on a wall!
SportsTVGuy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportsTVGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:51am
Never understand how Nissan’s marketing gimmick is unrealistic scenarios (driving on a train) or flat out dangerously illegal driving. Who actually sits there as a consumer and thinks this is good? They must have had market research several years ago that told them they were perceived as boring. Hence “innovation that excites” and loads of crappy driving.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 6:53am
The Nissan ads with the overused Star Wars theme is driving me up the wall.

Morons driving on highways, daydreaming about tie fighters and X Wings blowing crap up...suddenly the anti brake kicks in right before hitting a real broken down tractor trailer.

Moron comes back to reality.
Passenger: "It stopped for you."

IDIOTS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic