Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luvs Diapers--Baby "Shower"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luvs Diapers--Baby "Shower"
    Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 5:58pm
What could possibly go wrong ?  Wiggly baby, soap....?  This seems like a dumbass idea.   Do people really wash babies like this ?    And then Daddy suggests Mom hops in the shower too ?  Hmmm.  Confused 
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 6:05pm
Sharing the shower with a spouse or a SO is just fine.  With an infant?  That's just weird, stupid and strange!

I'll bet they get a lot of complaints. Angry
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 6:24pm
Yes it gives the expression "throwing the baby out with the bath water" a whole new meaning.   Shocked
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Sharing the shower with a spouse or a SO is just fine.  With an infant?  That's just weird, stupid and strange!

I'll bet they get a lot of complaints. Angry
That is creepy.  Fortunately the little tyke won't remember it, but it's weird, strange and creepy on so many levels.  Angry
HalandBubbles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:25pm
What a waste of a perfectly good phone.
you wanna see my pencil?
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by HalandBubbles HalandBubbles wrote:

What a waste of a perfectly good phone.
It was probably a prop used from a phone put out for recycling.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:51pm
The best way to bathe a baby, according to an old issue of National Lampoon I read back in the 70's is....

Take the baby outside and lay the it down on the grass.

Turn on the water spigot.

Hose the baby down.

Done.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The best way to bathe a baby, according to an old issue of National Lampoon I read back in the 70's is....

Hose the baby down.

Done.

But ....."baby, it's COLD outside" !    I don't have any children (that I am aware of  Wink ) but I think I'd use the kitchen sink like my mother did with us.   Embarrassed
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

But ....."baby, it's COLD outside" !    I don't have any children (that I am aware of  Wink ) but I think I'd use the kitchen sink like my mother did with us.   Embarrassed

Yeah, I think the kitchen sink would be by far, the wiser (and saner) of the two choices.

But if you ever read National Lampoon during the 70's, you understand the irreverent attitude.

I think it was part of some kinda mock "Guide For New Fathers" or something like that. All the illustrations of the new dad caring for the baby had the guy with a cigar sticking out of his mouth and a beer in one hand with the baby in the other arm.

It was that kind of humor.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:17am
Luvs is merely suggesting that parents get into situations where they'll potentially make more babies. 
 More babies = More diapers they'll sell.
Wink
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Hose the baby down.

Done.

A friend of mine set the birthday cake directly on the highchair of his two-year old and let her go to town.  In short, a real mess!  :)
Afterwards, he took the chair outside (child and all) and hosed everything down!!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 1:25pm
I worked at a summer camp for handicapped kids and one little girl had a serious accident in her swim suit.   Had to hose her off too !  I guess there is "time and a place" for everything.   But this commercial is encouraging a precarious situation.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic