Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Muh muh muh Monkeys Yeah yeah yeah yeah"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourstrongwinds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Muh muh muh Monkeys Yeah yeah yeah yeah"
    Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:56am

This commercial and the damn SONG!!! I actually think the song *could* be good, but I'll never know because hearing the same 15 second clip over and over AND OVER again (literally every single commercial break on ANY given channel) has so beyond ruined it. It's one of those that I dread and I think of Phil and Lil from "Rugrats" saying MUH MUH MUH MUH MUH MONKAAays. yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

and did I mention how much and how long they've played this?
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:04am
This commercial gets annoying and tiresome very, very fast. After 5 times I'm already sick of it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:52am
The scrawny little douchebag magician or whatever he's supposed to be, with the cheesy looking haircut is the most annoying part of the ad.

Do something about that greasy looking mop on your head, dude.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:11pm
This ad is meant for Hipsters, which I am not.
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

This ad is meant for Hipsters, which I am not.

I bet this guy loves it...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 5:57pm
^ LOL

I thought this was Phil Collins...Confused

All this monkey talk reminded me of this, too.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:53am
ConfusedI can't say I HATE this commercial, no. I can say I see a lot of controversy over this one.
I've seen a lot of chatter about biracial couples in it...WHY? Biracial couples aren't uncommon at all.
There's the Liz Brady song in the background, 'La Palladium' (yes, she is singing in French)...I've seen people thinking she is singing about the MONKEYS in the room and all I can do is shake my head. 'Monkiss' is what she is singing about - a dance craze back in the mid-'60's. With all of this catchy-confusion, Stella didn't help themselves with the black tikihead, much less the throwing of something sharp at it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedI can't say I HATE this commercial, no. I can say I see a lot of controversy over this one.
I've seen a lot of chatter about biracial couples in it...WHY? Biracial couples aren't uncommon at all.
There's the Liz Brady song in the background, 'La Palladium' (yes, she is singing in French)...I've seen people thinking she is singing about the MONKEYS in the room and all I can do is shake my head. 'Monkiss' is what she is singing about - a dance craze back in the mid-'60's. With all of this catchy-confusion, Stella didn't help themselves with the black tikihead, much less the throwing of something sharp at it.

Nobody here at CIH has said any of that and honestly, after having gone back and rewatched it just to look for them, I don't see any biracial couples at all.

A bunch of white hipsters and one black guy is all I see.

C'mon, man!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:34pm
I didn't notice the bi-racial stuff at all, my earlier remark was from what I saw that annoys me to the nth degree........HIPSTERS! 
One man gathers what another man spills
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 3:58am
Yes.... it's MONKISS  NOT MONKEES
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 4:20pm
man KISS...thats definitely hipster turf. Yeah, there are FAR worse ads than this, but i can see the noxious slant of 'too cool for YEW' that makes this a bit more D-baggy than many--its like those retro Diet Coke ads.
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Nobody here at CIH has said any of that and honestly, after having gone back and rewatched it just to look for them, I don't see any biracial couples at all.

A bunch of white hipsters and one black guy is all I see.

Look to the past and the east, Laddie! If I recall, when they are originally putting the 33 1/3 on the player.

My comments were simply cut & paste from another thread on the same subject.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic