Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 2017 Halloween thread!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:18am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

As soon as I got to the part in Thor's story where there were two graves on the property, I knew he was going to be digging up graves.  Do you remember the names on the graves?  I want to be in the moment with you too!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:32am
I can still remember Halloween 1969 at Kadena AFB when my brother & I got so much candy that the handle broke on the bag.  Wish I could remember more of my childhood...  Unhappy
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 7:58am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

As soon as I got to the part in Thor's story where there were two graves on the property, I knew he was going to be digging up graves.  Do you remember the names on the graves?  I want to be in the moment with you too!

All I remember was the date of death on one of the gravestones was 1942.

As far as Google Maps, the house was set way back and behind trees, so I doubt there'd be a Google image of it.  Plus, it's doubtlessly been torn down...probably back in the 70s.  I remember the table part of a pool table (i.e., no legs) was laying on the floor in one of the rooms.  Great place to party.  Of course, it was referred to as "The Haunted House".

Here's a pic of my high school, taken from the vantage point of the teachers' parking lot where we burned the cross:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:15am
I went to Pike High on the northwest side of Indianapolis, some clever vandals changed the big sign out front to read 'Puke High School'. LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

All I remember was the date of death on one of the gravestones was 1942.

As far as Google Maps, the house was set way back and behind trees, so I doubt there'd be a Google image of it.  Plus, it's doubtlessly been torn down...probably back in the 70s.  I remember the table part of a pool table (i.e., no legs) was laying on the floor in one of the rooms.  Great place to party.  Of course, it was referred to as "The Haunted House".

Here's a pic of my high school, taken from the vantage point of the teachers' parking lot where we burned the cross:

That's what I was talkin' bout!!!!

Thanks!!!

I figured the old house wouldn't be there anymore.

But I just think that adding pictures always adds to any story. That's why they include them in books, right?

Right!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I went to Pike High on the northwest side of Indianapolis, some clever vandals changed the big sign out front to read 'Puke High School'. LOL

Damn kids!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:55pm
^ It took some work.  I never really touched it, I think the material was some kind of stone.

They used a chisel and it would have taken some time and skill.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ It took some work.  I never really touched it, I think the material was some kind of stone.

They used a chisel and it would have taken some time and skill.

I love a good well planned, prepared and skillfully and executed prank.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 6:19pm
I was down in the valley of Claysburg, Pennsylvania, tanking up the car at a Sheetz, yesterday about dusk. Across the street are two huge, very old deserted houses with a fence around them. One is stone, one is wood, both are two stories. They are not occupied, but they are also not in disrepair. This isn't my first trip through the area, so I finally had to ask about them - but nobody seemed to know or wanted to even talk about them, so I drove onto the property and around them...creeeeeeeeeeeepy! I think I listened to some religious channel for about a half-hour after to ensure nothing had hopped into the car with me. I really felt like something may have - seemed as I rolled around the big stone house, something asked me if I had enough razor blades for the treat bags...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic