Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Downy "Half Washed" Halfwits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downy "Half Washed" Halfwits
    Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 6:04pm
I can't understand this stupid ass commercial !  Angry  First of all, if a man showed up in that shirt for a date, I'd probably make an excuse and RUN for the door.  That girl looks desperate !   Downy is saying if your shirt collar is stretched out, it's "half-washed".  Confused  Adding fabric softener isn't "washing" a shirt.   And it sounds like they're saying "When your v-neck looks like a EUNUCH !"   LOL

" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 6:07pm
He looks like he's homeless, even I dress better than that and I'm not trying to impress anyone.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:13pm
What's wrong with him?  I wouldn't even wear that shirt to work in the yard. 
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

What's wrong with him?  

His stretched-out collar turned him into a "eunuch".   So he rended the rest of his garment.  Big smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 10:54pm
I don't know if it's more of a recent trend in commercials or if it's been around for decades and just being used more often nowadays, but more and more commercial makers seem to be relying on absurd, exaggerated behavior in order to make whatever point they're trying to make about whatever product they're trying to sell.

It's actually getting boring.

I'd rather they just went back to having a spokesperson stand there in front of the camera and tell me why I should try the product.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

more and more commercial makers seem to be relying on absurd, exaggerated behavior in order to make whatever point they're trying to make about whatever product they're trying to sell.

Because this is a dumbed down society where imagination is completely dying.  Most need to see the joke "in their face" to understand it.  I bet the majority of Amurricans think a Double Entendre is a new sandwich at Burger King.  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

more and more commercial makers seem to be relying on absurd, exaggerated behavior in order to make whatever point they're trying to make about whatever product they're trying to sell.

Because this is a dumbed down society where imagination is completely dying.  Most need to see the joke "in their face" to understand it.  I bet the majority of Amurricans think a Double Entendre is a new sandwich at Burger King.

I'll take a Double Entendre with cheese and an order of guise.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:28am
This commercial is getting to me.  Angry

"Half washed?"  This commercial is half assed!!

"U-neck?"  More like a Eunuch!!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 4:04am
That looks like the shirt I was wearing all the way from the GreatWhiteNorth, yesterday...'cept mine was sort of white, had some spilled food stains mixed with a few buggers, spittle, and deodorant and it was pretty old, so it had some holes here and there. Nobody smiled at me when I tried to make friends or talk to their children...Cry
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

That looks like the shirt I was wearing all the way from the GreatWhiteNorth, yesterday...'cept mine was sort of white, had some spilled food stains mixed with a few buggers, spittle, and deodorant and it was pretty old, so it had some holes here and there. Nobody smiled at me when I tried to make friends or talk to their children...Cry

At least they stopped running.  And shouting.  Tongue
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:41pm
This commercial gets me every time. The way she says 'comfortable' makes me giggle. I'm surprised she didn't just walk away from him after she saw his horrible T-shirt... Confused
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 5:58am
Maybe we should be thankful they aren't showing us him wearing stretched out underwear...  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:16am
I have a few white(ish) t-shirts that serve both as washrags and as shirts to wear around the house.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 3:21pm
i like her even though her acting is truly half washed

the shirt? this guy must be living out of a cardboard box in an alley..but he IS
a member of a 'dating service'
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 6:43pm
These ads, along with the Lowe's "the moment you realize you're an idiot" commercials are among the worst of all time.  If your boss is sniffing your shirt, you should probably send out some resumes.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 5:49am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

These ads, along with the Lowe's "the moment you realize you're an idiot" commercials are among the worst of all time.  If your boss is sniffing your shirt, you should probably send out some resumes.

Even faster, if the boss smells his wife on the shirt...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 6:03am
LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic