Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nutella- Best Mom Ever (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nutella- Best Mom Ever (video)
    Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 5:53pm
First of all, I've never even had the slightest urge to try this stuff, never!  And, I have some advice for the mom.
#1  Leave the little boy's cap alone!  He has a "rep" to keep up.
#2  Leave the little girl's hair alone! You're going to get lice everywhere!

Mom doesn't feel appreciated...She's waiting for 'Juan the pool boy' to spread his own nutty sauce. Tongue

My link with iSpot is messed up. Not sure what's going on there.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 6:05pm
The stuff is quite tasty I must admit, but there are other brands that are just as good for a lower price.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:50pm
I tried Nutella for the first time a few years ago and decided I've scraped tastier things from the bottom of my shoe.   ConfusedTongue
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

I tried Nutella for the first time a few years ago and decided I've scraped tastier things from the bottom of my shoe.   ConfusedTongue

ROFL!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:52pm
Isn't this what peanut butter is for?  Is Nutella made from some other kind of nut(s)?  I wouldn't try it.  Vegemite and Marmite are probably tastier!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Isn't this what peanut butter is for?  Is Nutella made from some other kind of nut(s)?  I wouldn't try it.  Vegemite and Marmite are probably tastier!

If you've ever had a hazelnut milk chocolate bar, that's what it tastes like.

Except it spreads like creamy peanut butter.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If you've ever had a hazelnut milk chocolate bar, that's what it tastes like.

Ohhhhhh if it tasted REMOTELY like a delicious milk chocolate hazelnut bar, I'd get nekkid and ROLL in Nutella.   Sadly for me, it just  tastes like chocolate toe-jam.  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:41pm
Hmmmmmmmmm... (wonders how Ginny D2 knows what chocolate toe jam tastes like....)

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:56pm
You'll find out when you read my Nut-Tell-All Biography !  Tongue
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:18am
I think I'd rather bite into a hazelnut milk chocolate bar, and live with the guilt.  Embarrassed
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:28am
Yo, yo... why all y'all b-h8'n on da Nutty-T????

Wussup wid dat?????

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 1:46am
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 1:52am
Growing up, Nutella was a treat. Not an everyday thing. And I was the only kid in my class who knew what the stuff was thanks to a Mom who lived in France for some time. Now this stuff is everywhere and people are stupid enough to complain and sue that this isn't as healthy as the ads claim. Ermm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 2:36am
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

Growing up, Nutella was a treat. Not an everyday thing. And I was the only kid in my class who knew what the stuff was thanks to a Mom who lived in France for some time. Now this stuff is everywhere and people are stupid enough to complain and sue that this isn't as healthy as the ads claim. Ermm

Kinda the same thing here. I was dating this girl who had grown up in Germany in the 60's and early 70's who told me about it. Back then, you could only get it in specialty stores.

There was a chain of mall based German themed eateries called Mr. Dunderbak's which was later changed to Wunderbar's. They had a bar and some tables where you could order sandwiches and beer. In the back, was a small imported grocery section where you could get all kinds of German specially products including Nutella. That's where we used to get it.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 2:53am
I'll be serious now.  Wink  Even if I liked Nutella I'd have a hard time negotiating it into my diet.  I might make some little tea tarts with it--using pastry dough.   I'd  enjoy one of those with a cuppa.  But other than that I have no idea how I'd eat it.   The thought of smearing my toast or fruit slices etc. with this sweet gunky glop  is beyond my tastebuds' threshold for revulsion.  I gotta watch my carbs and sugars.   If you like it, you can have my portion !  Clap
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 4:03am

I'll be serious now.  Wink  Even if I liked Nutella I'd have a hard time negotiating it into my diet.  I might make some little tea tarts with it--using pastry dough.   I'd  enjoy one of those with a cuppa.  But other than that I have no idea how I'd eat it.   The thought of smearing my toast or fruit slices etc. with this sweet gunky glop  is beyond my tastebuds' threshold for revulsion.  I gotta watch my carbs and sugars.   If you like it, you can have my portion !  Clap

Actually, if you liked Nutella, you'd do what everyone else who likes it does, you'd sit down with the jar and a spoon and eat it straight out of the jar.

C'mon, man!
Gizmo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Actually, if you liked Nutella, you'd do what everyone else who likes it does, you'd sit down with the jar and a spoon and eat it straight out of the jar.

Yup. Just like peanut butter. I actually like it. My wife buys my boys some Nutella that comes in a cup with some little bread stick things. I’ve eaten more than I care to admit. The commercial, on the other hand, is annoying.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:40am
I'd rather eat peanut butter right outta the jar.  I eat chocolate in other ways.

I rarely eat chocolate candy, though.  Only after certain holidays when it gets marked down to half-price.  Tastes better at half-price.  It also keeps my candy intake under some control.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 2:59pm
I love a great big spoonful of unsalted almond butter.  Thumbs Up
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 3:47pm
I only eat Nutella on a slice of darkly toasted sourdough bread soaked with real butter and a light spreading of Nutella. There's something about the sweet & salty mixed with the sour that is so perfect.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 5:08pm
I've tried it on things like cookies but always found that the cookies detracted from the taste of the Nutella.

I'm thinking it might be good on strawberries. Cut a plug out of the top of the strawberry and stuff the hollowed out part with Nutella.

I've done that with Toriani chocolate syrup and also with strawberry cream cheese.

Very tasty!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:19pm
Friend of mine left a jar of sunflower butter in my fridge after his recent visit.  It's not awful; just tastes kinda weird to me.  I'll toss it soon.

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:27am

We hope its NOT made from a certain kinda nut! if ya get my drift, yuk, yuk yuk....
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 6:30am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

We hope its NOT made from a certain kinda nut! if ya get my drift, yuk, yuk yuk....
That's probably what it does taste like!  Jimbo is trying to trick me into trying some hazelnut milk chocolate bar shake creamy goodness, but I'm not falling for it.  Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 6:53am

That's probably what it does taste like!  Jimbo is trying to trick me into trying some hazelnut milk chocolate bar shake creamy goodness, but I'm not falling for it. Wink

Aw, c'mon now girl!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic