Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USAA- The Tenneys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USAA- The Tenneys
    Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 3:45pm
IS it just me??  The way she says "insurance product" bugs the hell out of me. Insurance product?? It's called a policy. I Know it's a trivial thing, but it really bothers me everytime I see it, and it's on all the time
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:01pm
Other than the mention of "insurance product" this is a pretty innocuous commercial.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:20pm
I would salute and surrender to her any day....uh, if she wasn't already 'with child'. Embarrassed
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:54pm
I've noticed in recent years that everything is now a product.   Yes, it bothers me.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I would salute and surrender to her any day....uh, if she wasn't already 'with child'. Embarrassed
Do they have Specsavers in Wisconsin?  LOL  First you lust after the Crazy Courtney Look-Alike Spazz Chick, and now this Mrs. Tenney?  LOL  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:18pm
LOL

I am a bad dog!!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 1:52am
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

IS it just me??  The way she says "insurance product" bugs the hell out of me. Insurance product?? It's called a policy. I Know it's a trivial thing, but it really bothers me everytime I see it, and it's on all the time

"Insurance product" did better with the focus group than "Insurance fu^king".

mrsteve809 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsteve809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:04pm
The only people that call it an "insurance product" are people who work in the "insurance industry". America has become a country that "produces" crap out of thin air, like "insurance policies"
"If you're in advertising or marketing, kill yourself" - Bill Hicks, comedian.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 10:04pm
Another use of the word "product" is at the hair salons.  Hairstylists call everything "product."  "Do you want product in your hair?"  "Let me just finish you up with a little product."  "You need a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the product."  I swear, this is true, for you guys who might think I'm making this up.  Gals, have you encountered this as well?
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 3:37am
^^Yes, indeed!  Every single time I get my hair cut, colored or highlighted, I get the "up-charge" pitch for some goop or glop that will Make The Salon Experience Even Better, Guaranteed (and make it a whole lot more expensive, too).  It's funny that there is some "hair repair" or "soother"  or other shiny stuff that promises to undo the damage caused by the bottle of hair elixir that they sold me last time.  These days, I generally  decline the offer of "product" but DRS is absolutely correct.    
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 5:37am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

WinkLOLI think you just want her for her USAA benefits.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sjoneil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjoneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 5:00pm
What you need to remember is that USAA has a whole new group of "Insurance Product Consumers."  When I joined, it was for officers only, and guess what, my rates were unbelievably cheap.  My auto and home owners insurance tripled once everyone had access and continues to climb.  When I questioned why the rates went up, USAA explained their defaults and losses have gone up quite a bit.  Corollary?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by sjoneil sjoneil wrote:

What you need to remember is that USAA has a whole new group of "Insurance Product Consumers."  When I joined, it was for officers only, and guess what, my rates were unbelievably cheap.  My auto and home owners insurance tripled once everyone had access and continues to climb.  When I questioned why the rates went up, USAA explained their defaults and losses have gone up quite a bit.  Corollary?
GEICO used to be Government Emplyees Insurance Company.  Now anyone who likes geckos can get in.  Ermm
Bfisher321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bfisher321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:48pm
I thought I was the only one. I don’t know exactly what it is, but this woman bugs me to no end. She seems like she’d be a nightmare to work with from a customer service standpoint. Comes across as an anal-retentive perfectionist. She seems like she’s the type who smiles and lowers her voice when she’s angry. Don’t trust those people.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 2:02pm
She's back in a new one.  She really makes me want to hurl. Between her chinese eyes and Jay Leno chin, and her attitude (that was mentioned earlier), it frightens me to think that this mutant is reproducing so much. I guess Mr. Tenney got tired of molesting the family dog and the neighbor's sheep.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 3:23pm
Confused Aren't they the ones who both got out of the service? Doesn't she say she outranked him?

"LAY DOWN ON YOUR BACK AND STAND AT ATTENTION, SOLDIER!!!"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 4:48pm
LOL
I guess this would be a good time to update the video.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic