Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh shait! Hurricane Irma is no joke!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh shait! Hurricane Irma is no joke!
    Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 4:56am
Hurricane Irma is a Category 5 and is poised to hit Florida. The last Category 5 Hurricane to hit Florida was Hurricane Andrew in 1992! I remember Hurricane Andrew and that Hurricane was some real scary shait! People in Homestead had their roofs collapsed INTO their homes and I remember a crying man on the news saying,"We have no food. We have no water," after the Hurricane left him stranded(I think he said something like "My family and I were playing happily on the beach just yesterday, not knowing how serious the evacuation orders were, or how serious Andrew would be, and now the Hurricane has devastated us."

I remember school being postponed for 2 weeks(School was actually going to start roughly around the time Hurricane Andrew hit Florida) and it took a very long time to rebuild the damage that Hurricane Andrew caused. I remember our neighborhood looked like TRASH after Hurricane Andrew was done raping us and my father's friend named Victoria saying,"Oh my God," in a troubled and shocked tone.

I still have flashbacks of that horrible Hurricane Andrew and at least one Weather source has said that Hurricane Irma is predicted to be even WORSE than Hurricane Andrew. Hurricane Irma has already killed 10 people. So incredibly sad. I am worried about the imminent danger of Category 5 Hurricane Irma and the landfall of Florida and possibly Georgia and North and South Carolina! On a side note, Meteorologists are already looking at Hurricane Jose and Hurricane/Tropical Storm Katia! They are scheduled to come after Irma! We can't catch a break!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 5:12am
It could be tough times ahead for us.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:51am
The whole thing's making me queasy...and I'm nowhere near it!

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 11:40am
I'm praying for everyone in the path of Hurricane Irma. the latest forcast shows landfall over the everglades, if this holds good it will weaken considerably as it heads north. I should expect catigory one or two winds (Similar to last year's Matthew). Just take care of preparing for this storm (Fill all gas tanks (IF you can find a gas station that still has gas) stock up on non-perishable foods, shore up your windows if possible and prepare to go to a shelter if necessary. May God be with you all.
Poiuyt Power!!!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 2:34pm
If you think Irma's bad Mexico has just experienced an eight-point EARTHQUAKE which may have launched a TSUNAMI. Ouch When it rains it pours! Unhappy
Poiuyt Power!!!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I feel you Jimbo, my Floridian brother! Stay safe Jimmy Jam!(Makes a lighthearted pun reference to Janet Jackson's old music producer to dispel the tension of incoming really bad Hurricane Irma a little bit)
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 4:42pm
So Donna...going to table-dance and sell lollipops to get by?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 7:46pm
Oh shait! Hurricane Irma is no joke!

What is 'shait'?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

I feel you Jimbo, my Floridian brother! Stay safe Jimmy Jam!(Makes a lighthearted pun reference to Janet Jackson's old music producer to dispel the tension of incoming really bad Hurricane Irma a little bit)

Thanks, Donathan.

Same to you.

You are the one down there where the really strong winds are likely to hit.

You and yours stay safe and go to a shelter if it looks like it may become necessary!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

So Donna...going to table-dance and sell lollipops to get by?

You've been away for awhile, a brief update, if I may.  Welcome back!

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here is a picture of my girlfriend, Sarah!

Lovely woman, isn't she?

http://postimg.org/image/5ointk6gf/c085e582/

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have a confession to make to you guys..:/

You know my sweet, loving girlfriend Sarah? Well, I have something to get off my chest. I am interested and attracted to guys, not women. I have been hiding that secret for a long time and decided that today it was time to let it out in the open, no pun intended.

Don't quit now, here's where you get internet whiplash from the change in direction. Confused

Well done, Karen!!!

It's nice to see the face behind the legend!!!

Donna Sarah Karen?  You decide! Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:19pm
Confused...I bet they share their meds.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:04am

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:07am
And nobody blames him, either!!!!

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 2:43am
My brother is in Pinellas County and refusing to panic...so far.
I tried to talk him into heading to Stark via 301 (probably clearer than the interstates) and then due north, but he isn't hearing any of it right now. I even offered to fly him out to The Den, or up here to The Estate In The Swamp, but noooooooooo........
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 3:37am
Irma's projected track keeps on shifting further and further to the west, which seems like it would be a good thing for us folks over here in Orlando, but it's not as good as it might seem.

The reason for that is because the worst part of a hurricane to be in is the northeast quadrant. That is where the strongest and most damaging winds are. So if you are to the right side of a hurricane or if it is on your left, you are going to get a harder hit.

Still hoping that it weakens a lot by the time it gets up this far.

Better yet, that it veers offshore well before it gets anywhere near here.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:31am
J.m praying for those on the west coast, as they are going to feel the brunt of this hurricane. Ouch Stay safe everyone, and may God be with you. I once got a letter from somebody who had once been in a life-threatening position, his letter ended with "There is a God who answers prayers".

PRAY FOR US ALL!!!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 6:35pm
I'm worried...about The Villages, America's friendliest home town.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 6:52pm
I'm now even more worried about my brother who is dead-center in the middle of the action.
If he comes out of this alive, I'm gonna kill him,
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 7:04pm
^ I hope your bro is okay.

I have a cousin in Naples...my bro has been giving us updates...I'm not speaking to him. Confused
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ I hope your bro is okay.

I have a cousin in Naples...my bro has been giving us updates...I'm not speaking to him. Confused
WinkThanks, aka.

Just spoke with my brother...he is still in Tampa, but on higher ground in very solid place.
To me, this seems like a very slow moving storm. I don't know if that says good or bad things, but I know it isn't losing much punch.

Again, my very best wishes for all to pull through this. Take this opportunity to talk with family - you never know when it may be your final opportunity and this is a darned good time to make peace.

Finally, The Inquiring Mindless need to know if Donathan remembered to wear his rubbers when he wandered outside, or did he just stay inside and work on making 'Hurrycane Babies'?CryWink
I think the rule states that if you choose to DO THAT, then all your spermmistakes created today must be baptized God-fearing Christians and their names all are to rhyme with 'Irma'.
For example, if it has 'twinsies', the names could be 'Germa(than)' and 'Sperma(than)'.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 10:57pm
I still have power as of this post.  ;-)  Expecting it to go out any time.
Pool's overflowed (yay tile grout job!)
Herded 3 cats into 3 different garages for the night (one neighbor doesn't know... LOL )
Freezers are closed, AC is turned down to cool the house.
Probably not going to sleep tonight.  Expecting it to get rough in the AM...

Cheers!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:29pm
Good Luck, MrT - here's hoping you do not end up with any new 'uninvited pool friends'Wink
Maybe some of the squirrel issues will disappear, too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:35pm
The storm is now a cat 2 and it's still down by Ft. Myers.

By the time it gets to Tampa it's projected to be a cat 1.

If that's so, here in Orlando we should only get tropical storm level winds.

That's why I'm hoping it won't be as bad as they're saying it will.

Of course, it's the tornados we have to worry about in the NE quadrant of the storm.

C'mon, man!
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 3:48am
That, and buckets and barrels of rain.

At least, there probably is a lower chance of sinkholes due to low ground water levels.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 5:13pm
I survived and when I returned home I still had power and just a few tree limbs to take to the curb. But...

Angry SOME Censored STOLE MY GENERATOR! Angry
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic