Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now for something rare, misheard music names!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now for something rare, misheard music names!
    Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 3:30am
There are COUNTLESS misheard song lyrics, but I think it's time for something rare! Misheard music band/duo/group/ solo names.

Misheard band name.

Holland Oaks

Correct band name.

Hall And Oates.

I remember looking up Holland Oaks on Amazon when I was younger and Amazon said,"No search results found for Holland Oaks." I was dismayed. I thought,"Holland Oaks is a widely popular, very good, singing duo! How could Amazon NOT have any search results on Holland Oaks? I later found out that the singing duo is Hall And Oates, not Holland Oaks. I searched Hall And Oates on Amazon, and Amazon had lots of Hall And Oates hits, no pun intended.

So, any misheard music groups/bands/duo/solo names?
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:30am
Naaah.  I used to go to record stores a lot and thumb through all the albums from A to Z, so there was never much chance that I wouldn't know a band or artist's name.

I kinda miss doing that.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 12:13pm
LOL, Thor but you are from a time where record stores were still all the rage in your youth! In my youth, Napster, Itunes, and Limewire were all the rage! There were like 2 record stores I knew of when I was a CHILD! And ONE dinky record store when I was like 21!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 12:31pm
The first few times I saw the name of the band INXS in writing, I would ask myself... "WTF does "inksis" mean???"

Eventually I realized it's actually pronounced "in excess".

I used to think that the band name Desmond Child and Rouge was some reference to a child named Desmond until I realized that the guy's name is Desmond Child.

This is the 70's band in which the family of one of the "Rouges" (Rougettes?) were close friends of my family.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The first few times I saw the name of the band INXS in writing, I would ask myself... "WTF does "inksis" mean???"

Eventually I realized it's actually pronounced "in excess".

Oh my God! Me too! It also took me a while to realize that INXS is "in excess!" I assumed that it was what it said on the tin. I N X S. Ha ving to say each letter out loud everytime just may get really annoying. Luckily it is pronounced in excess!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 6:47pm
Our old friend Cranathan could never give us a song title or link.

Mechanically Separated Chicken!

Originally posted by Cranedy Pouth Cranedy Pouth wrote:

Please stop implying that I am a woman! I promise I am not a woman! My name is Maxwell Jones. I have a penis and testicles,   I promise!

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am a man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic