Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Three strikes/RIP to all

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Three strikes/RIP to all
    Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 7:25pm
Comedian Jerry Lewis
Comedian/activist Dick Gregory
Rockabilly pioneer Sonny Burgess

RIP to all.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 7:28pm
Damn! I knew it came in three's.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 7:34pm
This affects me deeply. I grew up watching those Labor Day telethons, seeing him introduce a wide assortment of guests, and receiving checks from many different organizations and companies. Watching that tote board go up and up every year was a tradition. In his final telethon in 2010, I donated a few dollars to MDA myself.
He now joins Dean Martin and Ed McMahon, along with hundreds, if not thousands of 'Jerry's Kids' who have passed from muscular dystrophy complications, in forever and loving peace. RIP Jerry!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 7:43pm
Some other big celebrity just died yesterday or the day before too, didn't they?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 10:13pm
RIP to all...and to those who said Jerry Lewis didn't master anything that wasn't funny or his charity? Anyone ever see this real tear-jerker of a special L&O episode ('Uncle')? Very special. Stop a man in his tracks and will emotionally 'run him down'. 

As much as we did with Civil Rights, I just cannot say I often agreed with Dick Gregory.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Some other big celebrity just died yesterday or the day before too, didn't they?

Patti Deutsch of The Match Game?  LOL

RIP to Patti.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:31pm
I'm surprised to see that Jerry Lewis didn't have is own R.I.P. tribute thread on this forum. He was one of the biggest stars of the 1950's when he was teamed up with Dean Martin. 
His 1960's movies were also very popular, but his humour is very dated by today's standards.
Rest In Eternal Peace, Jerry Lewis! 
Your movies were fun when I was growing up, and I thank you for making me laugh many times over!
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:35pm
Dick Gregory should've also had his own R.I.P. tribute thread.
He was able to take a bad subject (racism) and find humour in it.
He was a brilliant man, and a very kind man.
Rest In Eternal Peace, Mr. Dick Gregory!
You will never be forgotten!
One man gathers what another man spills
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 5:45am
And Romero, and Landau...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic