Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lane Bryant- Super Stretch (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lane Bryant- Super Stretch (video)
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:13pm
I have a dear friend who thinks she is a little too curvy...I'm sure she is better than just fine!

Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:51pm
My Dad used to say there's 10 pounds of potatoes stuffed into a 5 pound bag!  LOL

I always thought it was just a fashion faux pas to wear too tight clothes when "curvy."  Now they're promoting it!!  Confused
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

My Dad used to say there's 10 pounds of potatoes stuffed into a 5 pound bag!  LOL

I always thought it was just a fashion faux pas to wear too tight clothes when "curvy."  Now they're promoting it!!  Confused

Wearing tight clothing that FITS well, and properly is all right.  The stuffing the 10 lbs of potatoes in the 5 pound sack is a little upsetting sometimes.  I tend to be embarrassed for women who do this.   I saw one the other day who was way too overweight for the short-shorts she had on.   But on the flip side, it's her body and she's apparently proud of it.   I'm no size 8 myself.  But I used to be !  CryWink

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
What I find disturbing, for lack of a better word, is the fact that these women think, and have been led to believe that they SHOULD dress like that, as if they have to dress "sexy" in order to see themselves that way and have self worth.

I think it would be healthier for them emotionally and psychologically, to just accept the fact that they don't conform to society's standard definition of "hot and sexy", and just find attractive, stylish clothing that looks good on them, doesn't look like it was spray painted on, and which doesn't show off every lump and bump.

Companies like Lane Bryant who are pushing this idea on heavier than average women are shamelessly exploiting their insecurities for profit.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:06pm
I'm far more revolted by pregnant women like the one I saw last week at my Farmer's Market.   Some kind of tank-belly-skimming top pulled up over the bump, and then her shorts pulled down UNDER the bump.  I don't need to see that, or jiggly jelly on a 3x Lady.  Cover it up, please.   

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 5:28pm
I don't expect anyone to watch all 5 minutes of this...at about 20 seconds the lady says that she is going to "rock that boardroom."  Okay honey, I picture her pushing around a vacuum cleaner.  You go, girl!

Or maybe she likes THIS kind of boardroom. Evil Smile

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 5:29pm
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 5:49pm
BBWs tend to be more willing to go the extra mile in the bedroom, so there's that.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 6:42pm
^ True dat!

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:53am

Technically, it's ten pounds of silicone stuffed into five pounds of spandex.  Tongue
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:06am
One time, my Husband told me I should go out shopping for new clothes at Lane Bryant. I stared at him blankly. Then he quickly realized he meant Ann Taylor. It's been a joke ever since.

I like that polka dot outfit, that lady is gorgeous! 
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 5:39am
I like my women a little on the bigger side myself.... but yeah, can we stop with this "curvy" crap? A lot of bigger women embrace that term almost to the extent they're almost willing to accuse you of a hate crime against fat people for not using it, it's getting ridiculous.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:58am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I like my women a little on the bigger side myself.... but yeah, can we stop with this "curvy" crap? A lot of bigger women embrace that term almost to the extent they're almost willing to accuse you of a hate crime against fat people for not using it, it's getting ridiculous.
What used to be curvy and what they're saying is curvy now are two different things.  Marilyn Monroe was curvy, Audrey Hepburn was slim or slender.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

Wearing tight clothing that FITS well, and properly is all right.  The stuffing the 10 lbs of potatoes in the 5 pound sack is a little upsetting sometimes.  I tend to be embarrassed for women who do this.   I saw one the other day who was way too overweight for the short-shorts she had on.   But on the flip side, it's her body and she's apparently proud of it.   I'm no size 8 myself.  But I used to be !  CryWink
I'm not so sure these women are proud of their bodies.  I think some may be delusional and think they look hot but haven't actually consulted a mirror or an unbiased opinion.  Why anyone would want to walk around with fat hanging down and out from their clothes dismays me.  Looking at someone's fat ass hanging out of a pair of shorts is revolting!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Technically, it's ten pounds of silicone stuffed into five pounds of spandex.  Tongue
LOL Wink
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:05am
Basically this GB outfit is a clothes rental scheme. I can see a market for that because there have been so many times when department stores and clothing stores have been "renting" clothes with mostly women buying a party, evening or special events dress or outfit, wearing it with the tags on and returning it the next day.  This is not something I have ever done.  I've only returned something if it didn't fit right or there was something wrong with the garment.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:06am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I don't expect anyone to watch all 5 minutes of this...at about 20 seconds the lady says that she is going to "rock that boardroom."  Okay honey, I picture her pushing around a vacuum cleaner.  You go, girl!

Or maybe she likes THIS kind of boardroom. Evil Smile

She rocks the boardroom literally; when she walks down the hall, there's some shakin' goin' on.  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:22am
^LOL

Like Thor posted in another thread..."The elephant in the (hallway)"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOL

Like Thor posted in another thread..."The elephant in the (hallway)"

This is from a website Thor put me on to called "Fat Chicks in Party Hats"...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:49am
Porkfart? LOLLOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:57am
She could be a Lane Bryant model....

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 11:29am
Jeeeez!  I think it's great that these ladies are confident and feel good about themselves.
Butt, and it's a big butt!  I don't really need to see all of this skin before I eat.  Dead

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic