Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lavalife Dating: "Just Smell And Talk...."

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lavalife Dating: "Just Smell And Talk...."
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:54am
These Booty Callers crack me up.   Unfortunately the portion of the video I wanted to add isn't on the site .  This is part of it.  The girl appears to be saying how easy it is to meet "real people" (as opposed to what...mannequins ? ) and says "Just SMILE...."   but her way of speaking makes it sounds like "Just SMELL and talk about the things you have in common !"  Here's to a stinko date !   LOL   

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:42am
Poetic justice would be going on LavaLife to meet "real people" only to find Potsch-bag on the other end!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:52am
Perv-alife is probably more like it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

... and says "Just SMILE...."   but her way of speaking makes it sounds like "Just SMELL and talk about the things you have in common !"  Here's to a stinko date !   LOL   

That part doesn't seem to be in this version of the commercial.

That said, this seems to be about phone-sex.  Now I understand why they call it Lavalife.  There's bound to be an eruption at the end.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:06pm
Thor's on a roll this morning....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:07pm
Just 6 sheets, single-ply.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:10pm
LOLLOL
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:13pm
Who do they think is going to PAY extra for this phone chat line when you can just hop on your internet log into a forum and PM people with sexy chat for no extra charge? LOL. This paid phone chat line would have done WELL in 1997,when the internet was still in it's INFANCY for the most part and most people did not have it yet and LANDLINE telephones were a MAJOR source of entertainment(Mostly today only SENIORS still have landline telephones, as the MAJORITY of people have ONLY cellphones) but in 2017 phone chat lines are bound to flounder as MOST people have INTERNET!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:16pm
Confused....and how do you feel it has all worked out for YOU, Donathan?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I know...I expressed some disappointment above.   My theory is that they took out the "smell" part because it sounded so bad.  Especially if people are lookin' to get lucky.  Tongue  Barry Manilow would never have had a hit with " I Can't Smell Without You".  

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I know...I expressed some disappointment above.   My theory is that they took out the "smell" part because it sounded so bad.  Especially if people are lookin' to get lucky.  Tongue  Barry Manilow would never have had a hit with "I Can't Smell Without You".

I dunno. With Manilow's big ol' honker, smelling is something he probably has no problems with, alone or with someone!!!

Anyway, I think I found the Lavalife ad you were talking about...

...right around :16 seconds.

C'mon, man!
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:05pm
Clap  Yes...but I swear it sounded much more "smelly" a while back !  But you get the idea.  Thanks !  

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 1:20am
Anyone notice all the "Real People" disclaimers that non-Chevy advertisers are using lately?
Even Burger King.

This has got to be proof of how ridiculous the Chevy/Potsch series of ads has become.
I kinda hope Chevy doubles-down on their "real people" gimmick.
Each passing day opens them to more and more ridicule!

Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:09pm
Sounds kind of nasty???. ConfusedEvil SmileEmbarrassedPigWacko
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Anyone notice all the "Real People" disclaimers that non-Chevy advertisers are using lately?
Even Burger King.

This has got to be proof of how ridiculous the Chevy/Potsch series of ads has become.
I kinda hope Chevy doubles-down on their "real people" gimmick.
Each passing day opens them to more and more ridicule!

More opportunities for Maaahhhhk, too!!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic