Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Volkswagen Tiguan- ELO (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Volkswagen Tiguan- ELO (video)
    Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:03pm
ELO's "It's a Livin' Thing" is OK. I really like their cover of Chuck Berry's "Roll Over Beethoven" because it is very different than all the other covers I have heard. I also think this commercial is mostly inoffensive.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 4:42pm
^^^I agree - I actually do not mind this commercial at all.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 4:17pm
I dunno, folks.   This ad always makes me smile.   I think it's cute --even though they use "It's A Livin' Thing".  If it brings ELO back into the mainstream, it's ok by me.  Tongue
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

The blonde Tiguan driver appears to be a cutie. I found myself wondering if the AdTards were attempting a Fay Wray-King Kong connection but doubt they are capable of even that "weak spark" of creativity.

Maybe they were!  There's even the Empire State Building in the commercial.

The ad played today and I paid enough attention to see the classic King Kong on Empire State Building pose at the end. Like many of us I tend to automatically tune out commercials.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 1:29am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Mary Tyler Moore is turning over in her mausoleum...Joan Jett??  Confused

I was never a potential customer, now I just hate them even more! Angry

I remember 20-odd years ago ESPN used this same Joan Jett version in promos for the NCAA women's basketball tournament. Ermm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:14pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:11pm
Chrissy Tiguan is the milk plant manager.... farfegnugen

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:55pm
LOL

See how you are!!  Wink
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:54pm
Purveyor
Of
Total
Sh!t
Cars
Hourly.

Oh wait, wrong thread...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:35pm
Totally
Inefficient
Gasoline
Usage
Altered
Nefariously

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:25pm
Transportation
Intended for
Gullible
Unusually
Awkward
Nerds
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:01pm
^LOL I'm having trouble coming up with 6 words that work.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 3:22pm
TIGUAN is actually an acronym....

Technologically
Inferior
Garbage for
Under
Aspiring
Numbskulls

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote "I love rock and roll, put another dime in the juke box baby!"
Unfortunately, that's about the only song of hers they (over)play on the radio, so one gets tired of it pretty quick...

"Tiguan" is a merely shortened spelling of Tiguano (with emphasis on the GUANO.)  Yes, it translates into "This is a piece of sh*t"...  Wink

I thought "Tiguan" was an indian word for "don't trust our emissions data report!" Tongue
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:35am
Quote "I love rock and roll, put another dime in the juke box baby!"

Unfortunately, that's about the only song of hers they (over)play on the radio, so one gets tired of it pretty quick...

"Tiguan" is a merely shortened spelling of Tiguano (with emphasis on the GUANO.)  Yes, it translates into "This is a piece of sh*t"...  Wink
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 1:11am

Volkswagen is 'Nuts' if they think people have forgotten about their emissions scandal. Angry

Prices on used ones dropped following the scandal.  One could probably get a good deal.  If I liked them and needed a car, I'd check into it.  At the right price, I wouldn't let any emissions issues stop me...as long as it passed inspection.  Emissions was never a concern when I bought any cars I've owned.

I would suspect the emissions inspectors are well aware of Volkswagen's cheat. Probably not a good idea.  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 12:21am
The idea of inhaling gas atoms and molecules that moments earlier were up inside someone else's butthole, probably along with a big ol log of their sh*t, is just gross.

If it comes out of one's own butthole and one inhales it, all it's doing is going back where it came from.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 12:06am
Funny how we love our own, but not so much anyone else's.

It's kinda like kids.  The main reason people love their own is because they sprang from their own loins.  Just like farts.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:39pm
I used to let these rank SBD's loose, then reach over and adjust the air vent so it would blow the aroma over to the passenger seat where my friend Bobby was usually riding.

It got to the point where every time he saw me reach over to adjust the vent he'd roll the window down and get ready to stick his head out.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:43pm
I had a friend in college we nicknamed "Hollywood" ('cuz he kinda looked it).  Weight lifter, health freak.  Took lotsa vitamins...and the resultant farts were a special kind of nasty.  One day, I nearly kicked him outta my car.  There were 4 of us in there, and he let one fly.  Whoa!  We were all pretty pissed.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:19pm

Volkswagen is 'Nuts' if they think people have forgotten about their emissions scandal. Angry

Prices on used ones dropped following the scandal.  One could probably get a good deal.  If I liked them and needed a car, I'd check into it.  At the right price, I wouldn't let any emissions issues stop me...as long as it passed inspection.  Emissions was never a concern when I bought any cars I've owned.

I remember how the emissions that used to occasionally come from my buddies when they would ride in my car with the windows all rolled up on cold nights used to be a bit of a concern with me.

But then, my occasional emissions while riding in their cars under similar circumstances were an equal concern of theirs.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:41pm

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

Oh, it's definitely a King Kong hint. Not sure of their goal, though.
Yes. It seems the giant gorilla balloon is more interested in the Tiguan than the girl. I guess that's their goal. No. It was not the airplanes. Twas beauty of a motor vehicle that killed the beast. I'm guessing the King Kong reference was lost on more than 90% of their intended audience. AdTards = idiots.LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 7:53pm

Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:56am
Oh, it's definitely a King Kong hint. Not sure of their goal, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic