Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do anything 'different' these days?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do anything 'different' these days?
    Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:18am
WinkYou're all grown up now - you've aged, you've changed...you pay attention to different things...tell us all ONE of those things, pleeeeaaaauuuuzzzzz?!
I, for one, pay attention to my bladder. I wear basketball shorts pretty often as it seems any time I am near running water, the 'power of suggestion' takes over with very little time to spare...Ouch

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:53am
I stretch more.

Yes, I know, I should have started doing that earlier.  And at 25 that's hardly a 'thing'.

But I have sh*t flexibility as is and I'm not exactly looking forward to my 'tinman' years.

So, stretching the legs (during a separate workout which doesn't need that) is a new thing.  Feels nice.  That good kind of strain.  Remains to be seen if that pans out in the long term.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 5:00am
I cut down on the sodium, carbohydrates, sugar and caffeine.

Went to a Dr and got prescribed blood pressure medication. Started monitoring my glucose occasionally.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:48am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I, for one, pay attention to my bladder. I wear basketball shorts pretty often as it seems any time I am near running water, the 'power of suggestion' takes over with very little time to spare...Ouch

So, by "basketball shorts", do you mean...

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:52am
I put on 4 lbs this past week, so I've cut back on the junk food.  I weigh myself every morning so I can gauge how to proceed.  This way, I don't gain 10 or 20 lbs before I realize I have to do something about it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:39pm
Cut back my coffee intake to no more than 3 cups a day (but I do press my own coffee, so it has plenty of 'giddy-up').

Cut WAY back on my sugar intake. Replaced with honey or blue agave.

I am forcing myself to sleep no more than about 5-6 hours at night and working by 7 AM so I can get some productive work done before the daily oppressive heat sets in (can't concentrate, fall asleep easily).
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 4:44pm
I take a leak before I go out for any shopping trip.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

So, by "basketball shorts", do you mean...

OuchBelieve it or not, my FOLKS (who are in their upper 80's) had noticed it, too...and decided to be FUNNY, so they actually bought me some DEPENDS - yesterday! They had them in a brown paper bag while we were sitting as they gave me 'the uncomfortable talk about aging' and then pulled them out and started laughing...they have a nasty sense of humorLOL
They are now hiding in the bathroom near the TP...I want to see who opens the package first - then I'm going to have a 'field day' with them.

Seriously? It only happens when I get near running water, especially if I have had a couple of 40 oz beers.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:24pm

LOL

My folks once sent me a Christmas package that I had to pick up at UPS.  When I got it, I found they'd packaged it all in a Depends case.  I had to take two busses home carrying that thing.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 7:02pm
Topic: Do anything 'different' these days?

Not much, but I probably should. I had the strangest feeling in my chest last night.
My heart was fluttering like it was having some sort of spasm. We are both smoking less and I don't drink as much either but this kinda startled me.
Mama, a retired RN, checked my blood pressure and listened to my heart and lungs.
This was after the sensation, BTW.  I feel fine today.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 7:04pm
Might be time to have an EKG.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 7:21pm
I'm waiting for the time when I can check my A1C, Blood Sugar and if I have cancer cells in my poop from home.

I don't like doctors or the insurance system, not to mention the friggin pharm industry.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:04pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:07pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:09pm
And your point is?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm waiting for the time when I can check my A1C, Blood Sugar and if I have cancer cells in my poop from home.

I don't like doctors or the insurance system, not to mention the friggin pharm industry.

You can do all that stuff you mentioned from home already.

You can buy home A1C monitors, though they cost a bit more than regular glucose monitors, and you can get home fecal occult kits too, but you have to send them out to a lab to have the results verified.

I like that EKG gadget, too.

And for $99 bucks, the price ain't bad.

I wonder what kind of monthly fee comes with it, though.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:20pm

And your point is?
Confused...not that anyone really asks, but I'd suggest smooth and creamy, light and dreamy...want me to send you some?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:27pm

And your point is?
Confused...not that anyone really asks, but I'd suggest smooth and creamy, light and dreamy...want me to send you some?
LOLLOL

You crazy old f**k!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 5:52pm
SHUT THE SCREEN DOOR!!  LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic