Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Name ONE birthdate you would hate to have! :/

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Name ONE birthdate you would hate to have! :/
    Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:39pm
September 11th is a birthdate I would HATE to have! I'd hate to have a birthdate the same as one of the world's WORST terrorist attacks of all time!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 6:11pm
My mom's birthday is on the best day of the year to have a birthday.

December 31st, otherwise known as New Year's Eve.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 6:12pm
Did Jesus die on 12/25/0000?  Our universal timeline is based on dates that refer to BC (before Christ) or AD (after death).  Does anybody really know what time it is?  12:09 Central.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Did Jesus die on 12/25/0000?  Our universal timeline is based on dates that refer to BC (before Christ) or AD (after death).  Does anybody really know what time it is?  12:09 Central.

Supposedly he was BORN on December 25th, but astronomers think that, judging from the position of stars, etc, that he was actually born in spring or summer.

Live Science

Some even pinpointing the day, which happens to be the day after my birthday...

Daily Mail
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 7:06pm
Jesus Christ! Big smile

By the way, I believe in science, not religion.

Allow me to post some bullcrap.

Time began when God started to create everything in the whole universe.

Time began when God started to create everything in the whole universe. He did this “in the beginning” of the Creation Week. According to the Bible, that was about 6,000 years ago. Before then, there were no days or weeks or years. It is hard for us to understand, but time, just like everything else God created, including you and me, had a beginning, and it wasn’t very long ago! God, on the other hand, is infinite. He has always existed, and He is not bound to time, like we are. In fact, the Bible says that to God a day can be like 1,000 years and 1,000 years can be just like a day. Time just doesn’t mean the same thing to God as it does to us. He’s “outside” of it. We do know, however that He created time on the first day of creation.

https://answersingenesis.org/kids/bible-questions/when-did-time-begin/
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Supposedly he was BORN on December 25th, but astronomers think that, judging from the position of stars, etc, that he was actually born in spring or summer.

Live Science

Some even pinpointing the day, which happens to be the day after my birthday...

Daily Mail

Probably more like June 17, 4 BC.  Some Christians are now trying to confirm the December 25 date by saying that Jesus was conceived on or around April 25, 1 BC.  It was the approximate date for Easter Sunday in 1 BC.  Of course the first Easter would not be until approximately 29-33 AD.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:46pm

The terms anno Domini (AD) and before Christ (BC) are used to label or number years in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. The term anno Domini is Medieval Latin and means "in the year of the Lord", but is often translated as "in the year of our Lord".
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

The terms <span lang="la">anno Domini</span> (AD) and before Christ (BC) are used to label or number years in the [URL=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar]Julian[/URL] and [URL=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar]Gregorian calendars[/URL]. The term <span lang="la">anno Domini</span> is [URL=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Latin]Medieval Latin[/URL] and means "in the year of the Lord", but is often translated as "in the year of our Lord".

I think the term BC is nowadays considered to mean "Before Common Era".

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 5:07am
Oh, that BCE/CE crap...  Ermm  ('Before Common Era' / 'Common Era')

Just what the f**k is a 'common era' anyway?  It really doesn't exist, because going back to just the past 2000 years, different civilizations/empires had different ways of reckoning their own beginnings (and some cultures still do to this day.)  Some start earlier, some later, there is overlapping, and none have any 'era' in common.  BC/AD starts at a "Year Zero", BCE/CE does as well (despite claiming to be 'common' to recording history dates of all civilizations/ cultures, who, again, may use different starting eras.)    I just chalk the whole BCE/CE thing up to PC BS ("We don't want to offend anybody with BC/AD because it *gasp* has to do with CHRISTIANS!" Shocked)
  But it's easy to tweak the PC types by calling it "Before Christian Era" and "Christian Era"...  Big smile LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

September 11th is a birthdate I would HATE to have! I'd hate to have a birthdate the same as one of the world's WORST terrorist attacks of all time!

You should ask one of your many "peeps".  I'm sure one of them must have that birthdate.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Oh, that BCE/CE crap...  Ermm  ('Before Common Era' / 'Common Era')

Just what the f**k is a 'common era' anyway?  It really doesn't exist, because going back to just the past 2000 years, different civilizations/empires had different ways of reckoning their own beginnings (and some cultures still do to this day.)  Some start earlier, some later, there is overlapping, and none have any 'era' in common.  BC/AD starts at a "Year Zero", BCE/CE does as well (despite claiming to be 'common' to recording history dates of all civilizations/ cultures, who, again, may use different starting eras.)    I just chalk the whole BCE/CE thing up to PC BS ("We don't want to offend anybody with BC/AD because it *gasp* has to do with CHRISTIANS!" Shocked)

But it's easy to tweak the PC types by calling it "Before Christian Era" and "Christian Era"...  Big smile LOL

It's so much fun to f**k with Christi.... er, "xtians" because they wig out and get all pissed off and offended so easily.

Like for instance when some retailer decides that they'd rather wish their customers "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" because they understand not everyone celebrates Christmas. Then the Christi.... er, "xtians" start stamping their little feet and throwing tantrums while on right-wing goofball talk radio, they're howling about boycotting.

Just another poor little victim group.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You should ask one of your many "peeps".  I'm sure one of them must have that birthdate.

In December, 2001 my church's Christmas concert had a nativity scene, the baby who played Jesus was born on September 11, 2001. Their parents played Joseph and Mary, and after they finished their act they got a standing ovation. Clap
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm
^  Too bad he wasn't born the day before.  He could've prevented the whole thing.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 6:05pm

My oldest daughter's birthday is 9/11.
~~~
oh......how about 31 March? That was the last date we heard anything about 'Mechanically Separated Chicken'
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 11:25pm
I already have one.   Hitler and I share April 20.   :(  

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

I already have one.   Hitler and I share April 20.   :(  

LOL

Also, it's the unofficial marijuana holiday.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic