Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello Fresh: irritating cooking moments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello Fresh: irritating cooking moments
    Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 7:55pm
This ad starts either with a lady saying "tonight we boldly go where no man or woman has gone for a long while now" or "tonight we shake hands with pot and pans" both ending with "tonight we cook" the rest doesn't bother me as much but one thing irks me is the girl loudly banging on the cooking ware. That BANGING pisses me the bleep off! Makes me dive for the mute button! The rest the commercial is tolerable but that banging is beyond irritating.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 6:36pm
I have to agree. You are going through the trouble of cooking yet you want your kids snotty, Hep E hands all over your food.  And, the little sh*t dirtying up more stuff on the floor and making a hell of a racket?

Not in my house!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 6:59pm
Agreed, I can still hear the banging in my head GAAAAAH They.may think it's cute but I find it irritating and a total annoyance! Makes me hate the commercial!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 7:15pm
Ouch^ I'm pretty sure he has poop under his fingernails.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 7:23pm
"I'm ecoli and say hello to my friend salmonella"
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:29am
Why do these companies want people to subscribe to them to get the ingredients to cook one meal?  It's called grocery shopping!  You go to the store, choose what you want to cook, bring it home and cook it.  If you have time to cook with pots and pans, and chop, dice and add ingredients, you probably have an extra half hour to go to the store.  Confused  Some of those recipes look horrid:  Spanish Style Spaghetti?  Unhappy
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:54am
My grandmothers, both of whom saw starvation and hunger first-hand and up-close in their native countries when they were children, had an almost reverential attitude toward food, its proper preparation, and careful use.  We shopped carefully and cooked with attention to every step:  I can still hear my Nana saying that it was a sin to waste food.  I see these ads, and people playing with food (and dirtying it up, as aka noted above! - YuckDeadDead!!)  as if it were a throwaway, trivial matter, and I just cringe.  Yes, cooking can be fun and there's no reason not to enjoy it, but the message here really clashes with the purpose of feeding people properly.
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:18pm
^Thanks CC
I bet you make some pretty good meals there with your hubby.
Would it be weird if I just showed up one day?  I'm kidding, dammit! Wink
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:56am
^^ LOLLOL   Of course!  There's always room at the table for guests and both of us love to cook.  (We do get a lot of visitors, especially in the summertime, when everyone seems to want to get to "Olde Cape Cod").  Tonight was broiled chicken brushed with lemon glaze, sautéed green beans with toasted almonds, green salad and fresh corn on the cob.   Fresh strawberries with homemade whipped cream for dessert.  
CapeCat
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 1:03am
Sounds like just another gimmick someone sat around and dreamed up as a way to enrich themselves at the expense of those who are dumb enough to waste their time, effort and money on it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 4:51am
They won't be in business long, as most people quickly realize that instead of ordering the ingredients and still having to cook, it's cheaper and quicker to just order takeout...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

^^ LOLLOL   Of course!  There's always room at the table for guests and both of us love to cook.  (We do get a lot of visitors, especially in the summertime, when everyone seems to want to get to "Olde Cape Cod").  Tonight was broiled chicken brushed with lemon glaze, sautéed green beans with toasted almonds, green salad and fresh corn on the cob.   Fresh strawberries with homemade whipped cream for dessert.  
Sounds great! A well balanced meal.
My tummy wouldn't know how to act! LOL
It's been so wet and cool here that we don't have any fresh sweet corn yet.  Cry
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 2:49am
Thanks, aka!  I usually try to balance the meal, even if the rest of the day is chaos.  Every so often, though, you have to have a wildly unbalanced meal just to keep everyone happy.  And I think that Mr. Tim is dead-on too...I can't see that these pre-packaged,  paint-by-numbers meals (Hello Fresh, Blue Apron) would really become a way of life, when takeout is frankly easier for those inclined.   It just seems to be awfully costly, and how do you know that the food is the quality that you'd otherwise choose at the store yourself?  As far as economy goes...that chicken dinner aka could have had if he'd stopped by, cost about $25.00 to make,  and then became part of several more meals (chicken salad for lunch, and the beans were incorporated into a breakfast scrambled-egg dish).  The two extra ears of corn will become tomorrow's dessert - fritters with warm maple syrup.    
CapeCat
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 3:02am
The thing about restaurant take out food is that it's usually loaded with sodium. Probably high in fat and preservatives. MSG, TVP, XYZ... God only knows what.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:07am
I made 8 'calzones' today for probably less than $2 for ingredients (would have been slightly more, but I was out of canned 'shrooms.)  One was for dinner, gave 1 to a neighbor, the other 6 went into the freezer.  I think it cost more to run the oven...  LOL
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:50am
I absolutely HATE this commercial!!!!! I go literally into a rage when it comes on.

First, I'm so sick of this smartassphone vibe it gives off. I hate smartphones to begin with and wish they were never ever invented, but the fact that somehow they squeeze it in with cooking makes no sense at all! I hate that stupid red head at the beginning going yes, uh huh to God only knows what. I don't know if she thinks she's something super special but as far as I'm concerned, she's super stupid. And the rest of course ticks me off to know end just simply because of the mobile Skype thing going on. But then the biggest complaint, that asshole on the floor banging on the pots and pans and having to make the world's stupidest face while doing it. If it was me, she's be getting those spoons smacked across her ass a couple of times. I hate it I hate it I hate it! So instead of saying Hello Fresh, I call it Hello Brainless Twats.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:40pm
I can start with the fact I just do not like the name.
The idea? GOOD, if not excellent.
Why not? It's just recipes WITH the ingredients. Probably fits some lifestyles, such as my youngest daughter (bless her heart) - a true businesswoman who can't fix toast without supervision (best to have the fire department hiding behind the back door), but loves to eat good food and has a very nice kitchen.
If she ever WANTED to try and make a meal, this may be the only way (she's too independent for a slave/spouse). There are other people who want to cook so badly it makes them cry, but The Big Guy Above always had other plans for them - we've had board members who were like that and we even started simple recipe threads for them.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 2:57am
At the end when the couple are taking pictures of the dinner they cooked with the caption 'We did it!!' across the screen.

Yes, you did it!  Congratulations!  You've managed to accomplish something that humans have been doing since the discovery of fire.  Hope they don't get that excited when they use the toilet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic