Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

O' Reily Autoparts: Annoying AD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: O' Reily Autoparts: Annoying AD
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:49pm
These stupid 'OH OH OH OH RILEEEEY AUTOPARTS OWW' commercials have been going on for way too long now, it's almost like Kars4Kids' twin. It creates a violent reaction in me any time it cranks up. I immediately want to punch the announcer and shove a dirty sock in the singer's mouth.
you wanna see my pencil?
Sponsored Links

Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:44am
It reminds me of the asinine FREECREDITREPORT.C0M band animated by the Southpark team.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 3:01pm
Dang I think these ads have been running since 2005! That's 12 years ago! BTW we're getting an O'Reilly Auto Parts in the spot where the former Texaco Station used to be. Whoopee.

BTW when I hear "O'Reilly" I can't help but think of Bill O'Reilly. Now imagine him running an autoparts store LOL

BTW why does the announcer sing "OW!"? Did he stub his toe or something?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
NouveauDruidGirl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NouveauDruidGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:48pm
From the very first time I heard this commercial until now I've been: 1. ANNOYED 2. Amazed at how badly this guy sings---and that such an Irish tenor voice was selected to begin with, but alas, O'Reilly....3. And now, I'm miffed and stupefied that after all these years this same exact ad is still used and 4. Like everyone else, utterly perplexed as to why he cries, "OW!" at the end. I'd rather listen to fingernails on chalkboards than this radio ad.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:04am
Originally posted by NouveauDruidGirl NouveauDruidGirl wrote:

From the very first time I heard this commercial until now I've been: 1. ANNOYED 2. Amazed at how badly this guy sings---and that such an Irish tenor voice was selected to begin with, but alas, O'Reilly....3. And now, I'm miffed and stupefied that after all these years this same exact ad is still used and 4. Like everyone else, utterly perplexed as to why he cries, "OW!" at the end. I'd rather listen to fingernails on chalkboards than this radio ad.
Welcome NouveauDruidGirl!

Is this the one?

This ad comes in different versions of the voiceover depending on what they are shilling on the radio but the ending jingle song remains the same.

I guess the "OW" at the end is to sound like he's at a rock concert because... auto parts and rock concerts?  Confused
HalandBubbles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 1:16am
Ugh, I can't believe these ads are still on. O Riley must have some kind of grudge against us.
you wanna see my pencil?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic