Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When Communication Fails!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When Communication Fails!
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 6:36pm
I went to Culvers yesterday morning for some food.

I think they have a program for 'Mentally Challenged" people to work during slow times of the day. I have no problem with that...the smartest young people have screwed up my order.

If they can't hear you or ask you to repeat the order you know you are in trouble. She almost didn't give us our fries. The price difference is what made me question her.

Close to home. Mama went to get her hair cut, colored...whatever, I haven't looked at the receipt.

I had already covered my needs as far as food goes for the day.  She bought me something anyway.
I told her she should have called me! I hate to waste food or money.

I am just feeling some angst, I thanked her and we can eat the food before it spoils.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 7:06pm
There's never a valid reason to waste food.

Don't want it now? Save it for later.

I used to know a guy who refused to keep leftovers. If there was food left after dinner, it either went in the trash or to the dog.

Didn't matter what it was, either. Meat, vegetables, whatever.

Then complained when he'd run out of money before payday.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:20pm
I can't remember the last time I threw out any food.  I actually love leftovers.  Most of my food actually is leftovers.  That's the way I buy/cook.

Is Culver's a burger place?  I like yesterday's burgers.  Even cold.  Yesterday's cold, soggy fries are good, too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I can't remember the last time I threw out any food.  I actually love leftovers.  Most of my food actually is leftovers.  That's the way I buy/cook.

Is Culver's a burger place?  I like yesterday's burgers.  Even cold.  Yesterday's cold, soggy fries are good, too.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:30pm
^LOL

Can ya dig it?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:44pm
I kin diggit, baby!!!

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 6:11pm
When ordering at a fast food joint, ALWAYS be polite to the service...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic