Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - General Purpose Thread about 'Sport of the Gods'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General Purpose Thread about 'Sport of the Gods'

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Are you watching?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [33.33%]
2 [66.67%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General Purpose Thread about 'Sport of the Gods'
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:46am
Wink
Here we go....5th inning and AL leads 1-0....

If you hit your 'chat' icon (upper right-center of screen), you may find your favorite CIH members already in the chat room... 

Chat Chat <<<----looks like that (sample link doesn't work)
hawt dawgz an' beerz in 'da chat room!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 12:22am
Completely blanked on it.  I don't think I really missed much anyway.  The MLB all-star game has always been the only pro-sports all-star game I've given a damn about but my interest in it has dipped in the last few years.

I did enjoy watching Aaron "Babe 'Aaron Judge' Ruth" Judge in the home run derby, though.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 12:17am
I'll just re-purpose this into a general baseball thread.

what do you think about the trade for Quintana, Pa? 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:16am

Well, between us spokesmen for 'God's Sport', there NR, *I* think my Cubbies are ahead of the curve on that one - and I just know they will snatch Sonny Gray any day now, maybe even grabbing the 'loose goose', F-Rod.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 5:57am
The Brewers are leading the NLC...Big smile
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 4:12pm
WinkBrewers' theme song should be Dylan's 'Simple Twist of Fate'LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 5:27pm
LOL
How did you become such a Cubs fan? Spend some time there in your travels?

I ask because...The Den is 500 some miles from Chicago, the swamp must be twice that.

We will both be dead when the Cubbies win another World Series. Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:08am
I have a LOT of family in Chicago, which also just happens to be one of my favorite places on this big ol'goofy earth.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:14am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL
How did you become such a Cubs fan? Spend some time there in your travels?

I ask because...The Den is 500 some miles from Chicago, the swamp must be twice that.

We will both be dead when the Cubbies win another World Series. Tongue

I'll take any excuse whatsoever to post this video whenever I can...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:59pm
Really like the Yankees getting Sonny Gray.  I've wanted him for the last few years so this is nice. 

6 man rotation?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 4:49pm
I hate to say it, but I think the Yankmees jumped on 'damaged goods'. I also like Sonny Gray, but I really don't think he is 100% there and I smell arm trouble. That, of course, is just me.
Who won and who lost at the trade deadline?
The Dodgers, as always...grabbed Yu Darvish (who I really liked for the Yanks)

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 5:38pm
Some of you might have seen this on the news, in Jimmy's words...Isn't the current governor of New Jersey an inverted de-boned pig a-hole?!

What is this fat f*ckstick doing in Milwaukee anyway? I should blame the tax payers, Thor and his brother!

I'm sure the state plane has a big old seat for that lardass!! You won't find him flying coach. Hell! He could barely fit down the aisle let alone fit in one of the seats. 

The assbag was on CNN explaining his actions. "We are public figures...not punching bags" Angry

Screw you you fat FVCK!!!  It's time to take the gloves off!!!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 12:08am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I hate to say it, but I think the Yankmees jumped on 'damaged goods'. I also like Sonny Gray, but I really don't think he is 100% there and I smell arm trouble. That, of course, is just me.
Who won and who lost at the trade deadline?
The Dodgers, as always...grabbed Yu Darvish (who I really liked for the Yanks)

I'm a touch worried about his health, but we'll see.  A worthy gamble at the worst.

Yankees/Dodgers/Cubs are the winners off the top of my head.  Sawx/Astros are probably the closest thing to losers for seemingly sitting on their hands.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 12:55am
Got a point about the 'stros - snatching Francisco Liriano? Makes no sense.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic