Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Symbicort wolf commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wedward4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Symbicort wolf commercial
    Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:50pm
There were these symbicort ads with a grandfather pretending to be the big bad wolf and holded a stuffed wolf or a wolf puppet. He says, "The wolf was huffing and puffing" and the grandkid replies, "Like you do sometimes, Grandpa?". I remember growing up we had to respect our grandparents. I kind of find that inappropriate and bratty when the kid reminds his own grandfather of his huffing and puffing. If I was little and I said that to my grandparent, my parents would probably scold me.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:56pm
It is considered a common courtesy to other members to do a topic search.

Clicky on the blue button. 

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Symbicort - Big Bad Wolf (Same script, new actors)
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 9:48pm
Look out piggies!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Symbicort - Big Bad Wolf (Same script, new actors)
ClapThumbs Up

Someone's strolling down Memory Lane.  Confused
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:14am
I haven't seen that one in a while.  I don't like drug commercials in general.  Notice they never talk about actual money in these commercials.  Why? Because the consumer is getting stolen from with the outrageous prices for these medications.  There is no other way to put it.  

Secondly, It's just another example of trying to use "cute kids" to market something.  The "best" advertising has some kind of emotional hook they try get you with (humor, family, sympathy, cool factor).  Some do it better than others.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by wedward4 wedward4 wrote:

There were these symbicort ads with a grandfather pretending to be the big bad wolf and holded a stuffed wolf or a wolf puppet. He says, "The wolf was huffing and puffing" and the grandkid replies, "Like you do sometimes, Grandpa?". I remember growing up we had to respect our grandparents. I kind of find that inappropriate and bratty when the kid reminds his own grandfather of his huffing and puffing. If I was little and I said that to my grandparent, my parents would probably scold me.

WinkBig smileGreat thread, welcome aboard...and thanks for bringing this back to our attention!

You are SO correct and have absolutely NO idea of how tired and out of breath I am of chasing these disrespectful lil'whippersnappers around, always snapping and snipping at them, only to have to do it again or, on the bad days when I forgot my poly-grip, I have to chase them down again to retrieve my dentures from the bites or their butts!Ouch

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by mrjim mrjim wrote:

...  The "best" advertising has some kind of emotional hook they try get you with (humor, family, sympathy, cool factor).  ...

Oh I disagree completely!!

The "best" advertising is when it regards a quality product or service you actually need, and the commercial provides meaningful insight as to why it stands apart from its competitors.

If I want to be entertained, I'll just...., um, nevermind.
(Or just logon here and bitch, which is infinitely more entertaining than watching grandpa and his fake grandkids act out a bastardized version of the Three Little Pigs!)

Honestly, if you "really" stop to think about it, MOST so-called humorous commercials are really not funny at all.   As in: Not at all.   Dead

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:04pm
I don't really mind commercials that try to be funny but don't quite make it. I usually appreciate the effort, unless it just crosses the line into insulting my intelligence.

What I hate is when the actors come across like self-adoring, precious little yuppie, hipster douchebags.

Especially if they're portrayed as molly coddling some bratty, ill-behaved little snot kids.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I don't really mind commercials that try to be funny but don't quite make it. I usually appreciate the effort, unless it just crosses the line into insulting my intelligence.

What I hate is when the actors come across like self-adoring, precious little yuppie, hipster douchebags.

Especially if they're portrayed as molly coddling some bratty, ill-behaved little snot kids.
Evil SmileHow do you know that isn't Roger Codger from the Aqualung Babysitting Service, affectionately known as 'Grandpa' to each and every beaming face and set of young bright eyes at the State Orphanage? That is, of course, until the greatly anticipated 1-on-1 field trip to the basement boiler room to learn about life, where, well...sometimes those darned children just get 'lost', doncha know! The State has been assisting the orphanage and, of course, Grandpa in looking for the kids.

Do you have any snot-nosed nephews or nieces that you can hook me up with that you no longer want I can babysit there, Piggy?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:31pm

Why worry about it? I don't.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

...  The "best" advertising has some kind of emotional hook they try get you with (humor, family, sympathy, cool factor).  ...

The "best" advertising is when it regards a quality product or service you actually need, and the commercial provides meaningful insight as to why it stands apart from its competitors.

(Or just logon here and bitch, which is infinitely more entertaining than watching grandpa and his fake grandkids act out a bastardized version of the Three Little Pigs!)

Honestly, if you "really" stop to think about it, MOST so-called humorous commercials are really not funny at all.   As in: Not at all.   Dead

We are such "Old School" logical dinosaurs.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

^My age has a lot to do with how I look at commercials today.

And, Anduril nailed it!  Stop trying to entertain me, just get to the point and move on.

DEMOGRAPHICS SUCK!!!  AngryAngryAngryAngry

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:13pm

Why worry about it? I don't.
I have to agree. Sarge...these days I enjoy talking to just about everyone and I don't try and scare off any new members - this is just a damned message board. not a social climbing club.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:25pm
^ From the guy who taught me to do a search, I just want to carry on with good forum etiquette.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:47pm

^ Guilty.  LOL

Now, here's something that's actually funny
- and as a bonus, it comes from good old Rush Limbaugh himself.  Confused

It's not a commercial, per se - maybe a secondhand stunt-double for Dawn dishwashing detergent?
At least it was on the radio, so there's that.   Anyway, picture it vividly in your mind, and enjoy!

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 9:38pm
Pointing out that a thread of a new topic has already been posted is not a threat to your position on the message board.  Every forum or message board I've been on tries to keep the threads of the same topic all in one.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Pointing out that a thread of a new topic has already been posted is not a threat to your position on the message board.  Every forum or message board I've been on tries to keep the threads of the same topic all in one.
Wink
Why defend the action? You're taking on a hotly-discussed topic that has been made its rounds here in the past.
NONE OF US are 'Board Moderators' or 'Leaders', some of us are just better bastards than others.
*I* used to live and 'lead' the side you are backing behind aka.
*I* am the one who made 'clicky' a vulgar term, but others use it now.
*I* liked my threads, *I* felt some sort of need for credit (who knows why?!) - it was stupid and selfish.
*NONE* of that matters, much less held any value.
I don't know what I was thinking when I scared off some good folks that I can only wish I could bring back just to sit and talk with again. All of this because something touched my 'self-pride' during 'recess' (which is ALL CIH really amounts to) which brought out the bastard in me. I don't like showing that side of myself - it is reserved for 'things that matter'.
I can be a pretty nasty bastard, but it never did anything other than alienate me from others. No fun being a 'playground bully'.
Perceived bad behaviors? Thinking you are the board leader or savior? Had this board finally filled a hole in your life where you've gotten to believe that? Don't let this board be that for yourself. Raising and correcting was our job as parents, not in the school yard playground of CIH.
We lost some members, I lost some chat friends. For what? NOTHING. 

If I cannot overlook a simple, harmless imperfection such as cranking up a duplicate thread, then *I* lose. I lose the chance to meet another friend. I don't want to scare anyone off anymore.
Hi. My name is PaWolf. <offer a paw to shake>. Who are YOU?
We can go through this as many times as you like.
I want to be as new and fresh to the new member as that individual is to us - I want them to come back - don't look at the post count, I'm nobody special and just passing through at this point of time. If a time comes when it is necessary to lead, I try to lead by example.

I've lost more in this life than I care to discuss and it matters to none - now I just want 'recess' to be fun again. Let there be multiple threads!
Let's make CIH great again.
As a recent lost friend used to say, "Don't Trump Me!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Let's make CIH great again.

As a recent lost friend used to say, "Don't Trump Me!"

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:08pm
^  Trump will eventually do that, but it's not high on his list.

tmcjb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmcjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:10pm
I don't think they could've found a more perfectly androgynous child to play the grandkid. 
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Hi. My name is PaWolf. <offer a paw to shake>. Who are YOU?

You've got the syntax wrong again, Pa.
Here, let me fix it for you.  Tongue

"Hi, My name is <ShowFangs> PaWolf. </ShowFangs>
Who are YOU? <BeginSalivate>..."

Never trust a sheep in Wolf's clothing!  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:11pm
 'Fangs'? Moi?
Neeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh....
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 1:06am
^ Maybe Symbicort could have hired Rob Ford (former Toronto Mayor, God rest his soul) for this commercial.

At least he smoked crack, making the "difficulty breathing" narrative somewhat more plausible. Big smile

I see you're sporting a new avatar, Pa.
I should probably adopt one someday...

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:44am

^ Maybe Symbicort could have hired Rob Ford (former Toronto Mayor, God rest his soul) for this commercial.

At least he smoked crack, making the "difficulty breathing" narrative somewhat more plausible. Big smile

I see you're sporting a new avatar, Pa.
I should probably adopt one someday...

WinkI have plenty of spares if you want me to orphan an avatar.

My new one is of an old friend - Nimo. HUGE monster who actually had a million and one facial expressions you could actually read. Real friendly, loved people...sometimes a little too much (never turn your back to him). His smile was to die for, but he meant it!

And yes...I wonder hoe many people knew my prior avatar was RF and not me. Ford was only 46 when he kicked and was huge entertainment, even in his worst days.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 9:04am
Originally posted by tmcjb tmcjb wrote:

I don't think they could've found a more perfectly androgynous child to play the grandkid. 
Thanks tmcjb! LOL...and there, my kiddies, is your 'word of the day'.
Thinking along those lines, one has to wonder how long before 'Grandpa' took it down to the basement to clear the air.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic