Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back to School Thread 2017...already

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 3:20pm
Saw commercial for JC Penny's Back to School junk, using the 90s tune "Here Comes The Hotstepper" Similar to this crap ad.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/w2_B/jcpenney-feminine-tops

This one was advertising these shredded torn up jeans for a low price. First off I'm so boggled by how jeans like look like they went through a wood chipper are "cool." To me it screams "you look like a damn bum!"

Nice timing with the commercial also, today  is the final day for 3 local JC Penny's at the largest malls in the area, they will be shutting down it's doors forever tonight. Another old large big box store on life support, hanging on by a thread.

DeadDeadDeadDead I always hated this stupid song

Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Saw commercial for JC Penny's Back to School junk, using the 90s tune "Here Comes The Hotstepper" Similar to this crap ad.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/w2_B/jcpenney-feminine-tops

This one was advertising these shredded torn up jeans for a low price. First off I'm so boggled by how jeans like look like they went through a wood chipper are "cool." To me it screams "you look like a damn bum!"

Nice timing with the commercial also, today  is the final day for 3 local JC Penny's at the largest malls in the area, they will be shutting down it's doors forever tonight. Another old large big box store on life support, hanging on by a thread.

DeadDeadDeadDead I always hated this stupid song

Jeans that went through a wood chipper...
Big box store hanging on by a thread...

You did that on purpose!  LOL

As for "Hotstepper" being a tune...  um, No!
I hate it.
And now that I see the lyrics (and video) I hate it even more!!  Angry
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 4:59pm
They always start back to school right after the fourth of July by me. I do need pens, though!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 5:27pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

They always start back to school right after the fourth of July by me. I do need pens, though!
Great.
Here we go again with more NY Post stories about the return of the masked granny who is once again taking pens from little kids' backpacks....Wink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 5:41pm
"Mom saves a ton... at Burlington!!"

Yeah? Just think how many tons she'd save if you brats would re-use your book bags and lunch boxes from last year instead of demanding brand new ones every year, or because you lost or trashed your old ones.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yeah? Just think how many tons she'd save if you brats would re-use your book bags and lunch boxes from last year instead of demanding brand new ones every year, or because you lost or trashed your old ones.

WinkYou would make a great father, ol'mule! You could make your daughter's younger brother use her old 'Barbie' backpack now that she's big enough to use your old boy scout one.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Great.
Here we go again with more NY Post stories about the return of the masked granny who is once again taking pens from little kids' backpacks....Wink

Whew. For a minute I thought you were talking about me.

I'm more of a daily news kinda gal.

Nor would I wear a mask.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkYou would make a great father, ol'mule! You could make your daughter's younger brother use her old 'Barbie' backpack now that she's big enough to use your old boy scout one.

Damn right.

Besides, a can of spray paint only costs a buck at Walmart.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 6:47pm
I follow one of the Weather Channel meteorologists on Facebook, and she said Atlanta schools start TODAY (July 31).  And my town is getting a Burlington next to Dick's Sporting Goods.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 9:00pm
I've always been embarrassed when I wore ripped jeans. I hated the fact that I looked like and felt like a bum! Thankfully, I threw away most the ripped ones and put nice ones on!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! That Stupid "Here Comes the Hotstepper" song what repititive trash. I want my 4 minutes and 8 seconds of my life BACK from that garbage. I'm beginning to hate the 90s!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 9:17pm

She could save a "ton" if she laid off the Ho-Ho and Ding-Dongs.

Looking for pens?
Do yourself a favor:  Foray Advanced Ink Retractable Needle Point 0.7
Comes in a variety of colors.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 9:27pm
I bought a 10 pack of Bic Fine Point pens about 10 years ago. I still have some left.

I probably write things down more than most people do these days.

Grocery lists
I'm always writing down the names of commercials to look up later.
I pay most of the bills with a check.
My 'to do' list.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Target this year. 'STUDYYYYY....HAUL!!!!' God-awful piece of crap earworm - the worst so far this back-to-school season! Already have seen it twice in one hour. DeadAngryAngryDead
Apparently they have several more commercials this year.

Gnnnnnnngh ... The Minions ... the Minions ... GAWD I hate the Minions! Angry
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:30pm
Walmart throws their hat into the ring of 2017 back to Hell ... er um uh I mean school ... by pulling this Whitesnake CD out of their own 1-dollar bin for the second straight year. This time they're using superheroes to try to lessen the children's pain of thinking about September.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 4:02am
I HATE CUT-UP JEANS! If my jeans have tears in the seaming, usually it gets cut for shorts or they are sent to the garbage. 
Ones that are 'made' to look torn up are stupid and I don't understand why teens like them. They know damn well that won't go anywhere for job attire!
Using superheroes - and I'm sick of it. Of course 'owning the school year' better be passing the standardized computer tests they give to kids nowadays. SBAC, PARCC, etc. That's one of the only purposes of why we send our kids to school 6 1/2-7 hrs a day. Computer problems during the tests are a teacher's worst nightmare. Dead
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:13pm
That Target ad is number 1 on my sh*tlist!! Angry They played it at least 3, 4 times last night on during Jimmy Kimmel including a long 1 min version.

I was trying to find another annoying commercial from them but I think their YouTube channel got hacked. EVERY single video on the page is about a game called "Slither" (like that old Snake game.) Even the logo was changed...LOL!!LOLLOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCep0rcdsMgkJnWXPAgWkajQ/videos

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 3:42pm
^^ahahahahaha! Priceless! I know it sucks to be hacked. But, damn what it replaced it with is too funny!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:59pm
Target deserves to be hacked.  Ouch  Their commercials are suck donkey toes.  Remember the Target security breach "discovered" after the Christmas season in January 2014?  

Links are news stories about it.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:54pm
The Laughing Cow - not a back to school sale commercial, but it seems like it. Horrible loud 'music' and kids dancing. Already muted it twice.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/w1jA/the-laughing-cow-cheese-dippers-dance-song-by-marc-williams

I'm still seeing the JCPenney commercial with 'Here Comes the Hotstepper', Walmart's 'Here I Go Again', and what the hell is this for Old Navy? I hate it already! No one introduces the 'new kid' to their school by making a bunch of noise and dancing. In the real world, the monitors would probably tell them to be quiet and eat!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:19pm
WTF do these kids think they are!? Stomp!?
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:34pm
I'd like to stomp on their heads.  Ouch  Angry  Evil Smile
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 5:25pm
That damn "Hotstepper" song is a FRIGGEN earworm! Argh its in my head! Get it out!get it OUT!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 9:05pm
ShockedCryPoor l'il Nikmeeka the Redskin Queen was last seen in Queens wearing jeans until Nature's Valley Granola Bars made sure she wouldn't be going 'Back To School in 2017'...Direct Link To This Post
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic