Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back to School Thread 2017...already

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to School Thread 2017...already
    Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:50am
June 28th, kids got out in Yakima two weeks ago and THIS starts airing for Office Depot...

Earliest I've ever seen back to school ads. EVER!!! Isn't it summer break? AngryAngryAngryAngryDeadDeadDeadDead
Expect to see plenty more after the 4th. Use this thread to talk about the idiotic ads this year. Let's hope I don't see a Kmart rap, or another Target kazoo ad. Nothing ignorant or stupid. But we all know that's what the ad agencies want...
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

HalandBubbles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:05pm
I don't think anyone wants to go back to school when it's FREAKING SUMMER... Confused Horrible timing.
you wanna see my pencil?
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 6:23pm
Oh that is seriously messed up and beyond stupid!! Angry

The kids in Philly JUST got out of school last week, maybe just 10 days ago. Still seeing these annoying Xfinity ads with that awful remake of that Alice Cooper song "Schools Out."

I don't know if these ads are targeting areas that have extremely insane early back to school dates - like mid Aug. in some places. (ex. Atlanta is actually early Aug. San Jose CA, around Aug 12th.)

But these usually start airing maybe a week after July 4th and even that I think it's too damn early. 

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:07pm
To quote a commercial:

"WHAT!?"

"This is rediculous!"

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:13pm
I haven't had to go "back to school" for 40 years...and these commercials still bum me out.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

The kids in Philly JUST got out of school last week, maybe just 10 days ago. Still seeing these annoying Xfinity ads with that awful remake of that Alice Cooper song "Schools Out."

The one I just looked up sounds like the original to me.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:15am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

June 28th, kids got out in Yakima two weeks ago and THIS starts airing for Office Depot...

Earliest I've ever seen back to school ads. EVER!!! Isn't it summer break? AngryAngryAngryAngryDeadDeadDeadDead
Expect to see plenty more after the 4th. Use this thread to talk about the idiotic ads this year. Let's hope I don't see a Kmart rap, or another Target kazoo ad. Nothing ignorant or stupid. But we all know that's what the ad agencies want...
This looks like a retread from last year.  Or maybe even earlier and they just keep using it over and over.  This one features the song "Taking Care of Business."

The one with "School's Out" is equally lame.  The brats of today going back to school have never heard of BTO or Alice Cooper.  F U Back To School Ads!  Angry
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 1:53am
I don't know why Office Depot went with (c)rap music.
I guarantee you the "thug" students don't shop there.

First, they don't have the money.
And second, they are not interested in school.  At all.

Education in America is terrible.
For example, 8th-grade proficiency is hovering at 40%, barely.
America is roughly 27th in the world - even though we spend more money per student than any other country.

And little Hector Himanez Juan Carlos Fernando can't speak ANY english, even though he's lived here his entire life; and his beaner border-jumping parents, ten years at least.  And they can't speak any english either.

No wonder Office Depot has to resort to "whatever", to keep the lights on.  Dead

"Real thugs" get their school supplies at Walmart.
At least they carry ammo. 
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 4:59pm
They might as well have Christmas Commercials on Labor Day now the way things are going!

Back-to-School commercials will now start on Memorial Day once the kids are out of school!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 7:51pm
If you watch The Weather Channel regularly (I used to) they will tell you Atlanta schools start on August 1.  Some schools here in Nebraska are so-called "year-round" schools that have a short summer vacation and go back in July.  When I went to school, school started in late August and ended before Memorial Day.  Non-year-round schools are starting earlier and earlier in August.  I blame air-conditioning for going away from the August-Memorial Day/Labor Day-June "agrarian" schedule.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

They might as well have Christmas Commercials on Labor Day now the way things are going!

Back-to-School commercials will now start on Memorial Day once the kids are out of school!
LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:27am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

LOL

Posting this video was just wrong on so many levels! LOL!LOLLOL

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 4:51am
Target this year. 'STUDYYYYY....HAUL!!!!' God-awful piece of crap earworm - the worst so far this back-to-school season! Already have seen it twice in one hour. DeadAngryAngryDead
Apparently they have several more commercials this year.

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 4:01am

Target this year. 'STUDYYYYY....HAUL!!!!' God-awful piece of crap earworm - the worst so far this back-to-school season! Already have seen it twice in one hour. DeadAngryAngryDead
Apparently they have several more commercials this year.

My God this is a steaming pile of dog sh*t!
I haven't seen it yet, I'm sure that will change very soon.Angry

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:49am
When I say 'BULL' YOU SAY 'SH*T' BULL SH*T
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 6:46pm
Walmart just brought back 'Here I Go Again' Whitesnake with a bunch of middle school kids in superhero T-shirts. Gee, thanks for ruining that great song Walmart! At least they aren't singing it this year.
Staples and Payless and others are all bringing out back to school ads but they aren't too annoying, so far. Waiting for Kmart's Back to School ad...how ignorant and stupid will it be this year?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm

Walmart just brought back 'Here I Go Again' Whitesnake with a bunch of middle school kids in superhero T-shirts. Gee, thanks for ruining that great song Walmart! At least they aren't singing it this year.
Staples and Payless and others are all bringing out back to school ads but they aren't too annoying, so far. Waiting for Kmart's Back to School ad...how ignorant and stupid will it be this year?

If I remember correctly it'll involve "Din Daa Daa" wonderful
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 1:44am
If I were in marketing, I would pitch this as a back to school ad:  Show the students going back to school on their first day, complete with a couple of pregnant teens wearing stretchy tops to show off their "baby bumps", the requisite interracial couple holding hands and canoodling, an androgynous-looking kid slinking into the Transgenders' Room (with Girls' Room and Boys' Room on either side), and some gangbangers with their knives on their belts, throwing their gang hand signs, of course.  The teachers should be female, look like they're 22 and dressed like sluts.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 1:59am
School gets out in May here and starts back in a couple of short weeks, so I assumed the commercials I was seeing was because they go back earlier than the rest. Although, I do remember seeing Alice Cooper back to school commercial (when it was new) pretty early in my summer break and it made me angry.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 1:23am
This pile of crap from Ross has been driving me up the wall the past few days.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wbUA/ross-save-big-with-friends

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 1:57am
I do love those Ross and Beall's beginning of summer swimwear commercials though!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

If I were in marketing, I would pitch this as a back to school ad:  Show the students going back to school on their first day, complete with a couple of pregnant teens wearing stretchy tops to show off their "baby bumps", the requisite interracial couple holding hands and canoodling, an androgynous-looking kid slinking into the Transgenders' Room (with Girls' Room and Boys' Room on either side), and some gangbangers with their knives on their belts, throwing their gang hand signs, of course.  The teachers should be female, look like they're 22 and dressed like sluts.

I'd hire you to script commercials!!  ClapClap
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I'd hire you to script commercials!!  ClapClap

She is good, isn't she???

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 5:14pm
Everybody knows it is time for 'Back to School'....where's your little girls?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 7:15am
Actually, this Summer at least here in Baltimore the Back to School blitz has started a few weeks later and at a whimper. The first commercial was the Target When I say study you say haul or I say hurl! Usually, the Back to School ads begins right after the All Star break. So they started a couple weeks later. One of the other big box stores has one where the kids especially the girls go prostitot wearing super heroine/ho threads back to school.
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic