Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SUPER GIRL - Super Gay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUPER GIRL - Super Gay
    Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 3:41pm
Getting a bit tired of the whole lesbian romance going on.... Super Girl used to be interesting, but ever since they made one of the main characters a lesbian, it's pretty much shoved into every single episide. C'mon, I'm all for whatever floats your boat, it's your personal choice, but stop shoving it in my face every time I watch your show. The boy with girl romances don't even get that much attention.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 3:50pm
I don't watch whichever show you're talking about, but I get what you're saying.

It almost seems like it's becoming a prerequisite to include gay characters and gay themes in everything on TV nowadays and just shove it in our faces.

Typical Hollywood overkill.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:01pm
The People's Court is the only show on the CW that I watch. I still get enough promos of their stupid shows it's enough to make me puke.
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:28pm
The weird thing is that all the lesbians are super smoking hot, which from what I've met in the workplace or on the athletic field could not be further from the truth, and why are the gay guys always such meticulous fashion experts?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 5:31pm
I think the hot lesbian thing is just due to the unfortunate fact that on American TV, EVERYONE is smoking hot. And youthful.

It's just one of those unwritten rules. Sure, they might toss in some older, less attractive, minor or secondary characters, but with regard to the main characters in the world of modern TV, in order to be heroic or brilliant or worthwhile in any way, shape or form, you have to be young, slender and good looking.

Even the slightly older female characters are slender, willowy, fashion model types.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 5:57pm
I had no idea Supergirl was gay...does she have special powers in the bedroom too?

As I said, I spend one hour of my day on this station and get more ads for bullcrap television than I see anywhere else, all day long. This show...iZombie!  She is a crime fighter that eats brains.  Confused

Apparently she's not afraid to munch on some carpet along the way. Tongue

Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 10:18pm
Supergirl isn't gay, her sister on the show, Alex Danvers, who happens to work as a special ops agent (go figure) is gay and her girlfriend is a police detective lol.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 5:38am
Which means, in some future season, girlfriend police detective is going to die (as main characters are almost never killed off, unless there is a contract dispute.)

Quote I had no idea Supergirl was gay...does she have special powers in the bedroom too?

She's not, but she did lose her virginity to her alien Daxumite boy-toy (which saves any future potential human male love interests from traumatic humiliation in attempting to penetrate a certain bullet-proof... you know, place.  Wink )
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 6:48pm
I love Melissa Benoist, but hate everyone else on the show. LOL It is painful to watch.

However, a favorite of mine, Erica Durance, who played Lois Lane on Smallville, is coming to the show, so maybe there's hope.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:47am
That's a surprise.   Smallville killed the acting careers of almost everybody who starred in it...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic