Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bridgestone run flat tires vs arrows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bridgestone run flat tires vs arrows
    Posted: 13 May 2017 at 5:36am

The arrows used have more taper than standard practice arrows which would likely bounce off and could be described as needle sharp. Broad head hunting arrows have 2 or 4 razor sharp edges and could be described as "razor sharp". I'm confident they would perform as designed and humanely dispatch the tires. 

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:38pm
I HATE all Firestone/Bridgestone commercials. Over produced stinking piles of sh*t.
I will never buy their product.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I HATE all Firestone/Bridgestone commercials. Over produced stinking piles of sh*t.

No, but you'll probably damage your car by running over all the exploded pieces-parts of Firestone/Bridgestone tires that were purchased by others.

I'm with you.
This is one company we can do without!

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 12:43am
NHL playoffs?  Those things are on like every 10 minutes.  That first one has been on for years.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 6:22am

No self-respecting gang banger is going to be using bow & arrows.  Those went out with the original Bridgestone "run-flat" wooden wagon wheels.  "Run flat" vs AK-47, now you're talkin'... LOL

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 3:18pm

The factory Bridgestones on my Mitsubishi Eclipse were the second worse set of tire I have ever had. Mercifully they wore out at 17,000 miles.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

The factory Bridgestones on my Mitsubishi Eclipse were the second worse set of tire I have ever had. Mercifully they wore out at 17,000 miles.

'come on now...  don't leave us hanging!!
What's the WORST set of tires you ever owned?  Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 6:53pm
I purchased a set of Firestone tires from Tires Plus a few months ago. I checked them out first at some online tire rating website and they were pretty highly rated for their price range.

I hope they live up to it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

'come on now...  don't leave us hanging!!
What's the WORST set of tires you ever owned?  Smile

I guess I am forced to tell the entire sordid somewhat embarrassing tale. In 1987 we were taking the "family truckster" (1985 Ford Crown Victoria) on a 2,000+ mile round trip to Southern California. The day before departure I decided the factory tires were worn enough to require replacement. 20,000 + miles was about normal for crappy factory tires. Surprisingly no one in town had the correct size tires but K-Mart. How bad could they be? Very. They were fine for 1,000 miles but acquired a slight vibration on the way home which went from worse to very bad. K-Mart did a re-balance with no improvement then determined the wheels were out of round. Strange that the wheels were fine with the old tires. Went to trusted tire shop where it was discovered the tread was obviously (shown to me) delaminating on all 4 tires! I asked if they were re-treads and they replied "no just incredibly inferior tires" I could have bitched and got replacement K-Mart tires but why would I want them? Tire shop recommended, ordered and mounted Continentals which went 70,000 miles on the "out of round" wheels. That K-Mart closed about 10 years later. Good riddance.    

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 12:53am
Kmart sells tires. Hmm. I learned something new today.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:06am
KMart used to have a halfway decent full service automotive dept.

Batteries, tires, tune ups, etc.

I guess the quality of service varied from store to store.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Kmart sells tires. Hmm. I learned something new today.
No. Kmart sold round black things that looked like tires.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

KMart used to have a halfway decent full service automotive dept.

Batteries, tires, tune ups, etc.

I guess the quality of service varied from store to store.
The quality of service was typical for chain type auto "service and repair". If they can't figure out what exactly is wrong they make something up that transfers responsibility to the customer. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:23pm
My truck came with Bridgestones when I bought it new in the fall 2006.  They are holding up well with 61,000 miles.
I need to park the truck inside since summer is around the corner. The sun and the elements will cause the sidewalls to rot.
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 3:51pm
Why shoot arrows? Why not test them by running over a police nail blockade?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 3:55pm
Not as gimmicky or dramatic.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:56pm
FFS they're not even using real arrows! They're using those pin thingamajigs!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic