Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

eBay Fashion- Own It (link)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FennelCartwright View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FennelCartwright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eBay Fashion- Own It (link)
    Posted: 21 May 2017 at 12:31am
They play this bull$hit commercial on virtually every commercial break on FS1. I have to keep the remote at arms length anytime I watch the channel.
Sponsored Links

schmitice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmitice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:51pm
I hate this commercial, mainly because of the song. It comes on before just about any YouTube video and I always mute it as fast as i can 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:46pm
I have sold things on eBay (a LONG time ago - and that seems so odd to be able to say...but well over 10 years ago)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:29pm
I have purchased a few things from eBay, but only things I really needed and only because they were significantly cheaper there.

My sister is one of those dummies who impulse buys a lot of useless crap off of eBay.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:19pm
I buy items from eBay, but only new stuff sold from established stores when it is a better deal or a hard-to-find item.  I don't think it is feasible to start shopping on your smartphone when you see someone wearing an outfit and you want to buy it.  Ermm

Thank you, tikibagger, for identifying that noise!  That's "music"?  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 11:04pm
I saw that commercial and decided I'd rather shop at the Salvation Army, online. Better styles and no bad music while watching someone prance around in 2nd hand silliness while looking like it, too.

I DO shop at AMVETS whenever opportunity presents itself - better than eBay, better cause.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 10:52pm
Also the music? Gawd awful shriek soul with some power chords and 80s blather+mushy enunciation=UGH
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 7:52pm
AFAIC the ad shamelessly targets and encourages the kind of mindless shop-aholics who end up owing large debts they can't pay. I doubt eBay even needed to run that ad. Probably had a lot of money they needed to get rid of to lower their taxes or something.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 7:41pm
What do I think about this commercial?

There are a lot of rich, young, attractive women out there.
Can you afford to buy this stuff?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic