Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cottonelle Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cottonelle Commercial
    Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 7:41am
This commercial drives me batty! The little girl on it has to be 7-8 years old at least and cannot even speak correctly. "Shimmewing Merwmaid" Come on Cottonelle, either pay the kid for some speech therapy or use someone who has learned to speak. 

I have no problem with someone having a disability but that is not what it is. Ugh!Dead

I could not find a Youtube copy so added a link. Yes, I am new and No I am not video posting savvy yet but Ill learn :-)

https://ispot.tv/a/wkk8
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 8:44am
Welcome aboard!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 3:34am
Asking a 7-year-old how they wipe their bum is absolutely not OK. Cottonelle should be ashamed of themselves. I'm sick of them asking people in different places about their wiping habits - it's none of their business and I would walk away if someone (like that British twit) asked ME how I wiped my shimmering schincter.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 5:43am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Asking a 7-year-old how they wipe their bum is absolutely not OK. Cottonelle should be ashamed of themselves. I'm sick of them asking people in different places about their wiping habits - it's none of their business and I would walk away if someone (like that British twit) asked ME how I wiped my shimmering schincter.
I thought the same thing.  I'm hoping that they just told them to recite a line and didn't really ask them the question and discuss it all with them.  What parent would put their child on TV doing this anyway?
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 8:18pm
I saw this commercial and...Oh God!

It seems kids love talking about sh*t! Hey...why don't we get Michael Jackson talking to kids about this!

The Bar Is FAR TOO LOW That Dignity Can't Be Salvaged Anymore!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 5:53am
I'm still sick and tired of seeing this. This is just as bad as the British twit (who's still doing the voiceover on these) crashing a wedding and a date to talk about wiping bums. Enough! Angry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 5:57pm
Talk about "shocking" and offensive...I'll bet Potsch is peering around the corner.  Stranger Danger!!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:45am

If they had asked ME, I would have replied:

"Well, I pick up the nearest stuffed bear I can find and..." Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

If they had asked ME, I would have replied:

"Well, I pick up the nearest stuffed bear I can find and..." Tongue
DisapproveTHAT, my friend, does NOT get the 'Wolf Seal of Approval'!
The family's pet bunny rabbit has MUCH softer fur and absorbs better.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 4:05pm
hey don't you guys know--according to adtards, this is SUPPOSEDLY ADOWABOO
Originally posted by Dreamer Dreamer wrote:

This commercial drives me batty! The little girl on it has to be 7-8 years old at least and cannot even speak correctly. "Shimmewing Merwmaid"
https://ispot.tv/a/wkk8
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Erick Cartman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erick Cartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I thought the same thing.  I'm hoping that they just told them to recite a line and didn't really ask them the question and discuss it all with them.  What parent would put their child on TV doing this anyway?

You'd be surprised how many parents would let their child be put in this type of disgusting commercial for a big check.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic