Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kendall Jenner for PEPSI Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kendall Jenner for PEPSI Commercial
    Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:18pm
Worst commercial EVAR.Ouch

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:27pm
I made it only to 22 seconds...this is what I am seeing about this ho bag. Confused

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 8:53pm
Pepsi's pulled the ad amidst the mounting outrage, including MLK's daughter.  I guess Kendull was dissing the BLM movement by offering a cop a can of soda.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 8:57pm
Gag me.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Pepsi's pulled the ad amidst the mounting outrage, including MLK's daughter.  I guess Kendull was dissing the BLM movement by offering a cop a can of soda.

I guess we're all supposed to be held hostage to this black terrorist group.  This world's gone insane.  LOL

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 5:10am
I must live in a cultural backwater, because I have no idea who that person is (nor do I care.)  Besides, trying to keep all those Jenners straight is just too much work...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 6:34am
Anything to do with the Kartrashians and Jenner clans I try to ignore.  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:47am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

...Besides, trying to keep all those Jenners straight is just too much work...

Straight??  Those waters get even more muddied when you can't keep them in their own gender!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Anything to do with the Kartrashians and Jenner clans I try to ignore.

They are harbingers of the demise of American society.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:33am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I made it only to 22 seconds...this is what I am seeing about this ho bag. Confused

Anyone have any ideas as to why this nitwit has half her shirt tucked into her shorts and the other half hanging out loose?

And what are those long strips of rags that are tied around her ankles and run up to her shorts?

Does she have some kind of mental disorder which compels her to do odd things with her clothes?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 4:07pm
I thought Pepsi was attempting to portray the iconic 1967 photo of a girl offering a flower to National Guard riot control troops during a war protest at the pentagon. I only saw the commercial one time before it was pulled. I wont miss it.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Anyone have any ideas as to why this nitwit has half her shirt tucked into her shorts and the other half hanging out loose?

And what are those long strips of rags that are tied around her ankles and run up to her shorts?

Does she have some kind of mental disorder which compels her to do odd things with her clothes?

LOL

She's just going for the (c*m drunk gutter skank whore) look.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 5:35pm

LOL

She's just going for the (c*m drunk gutter skank whore) look.

Well then nobody can say she failed at everything she ever tried to do.

Good for her!!!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 7:38pm
What the f**k is this?! The Millennial/Hipster/Snowflake's answer to this more entertaining and quality Coke Commercial?!...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:40pm
love this commentary.....

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

...Besides, trying to keep all those Jenners straight is just too much work...

Straight??  Those waters get even more muddied when you can't keep them in their own gender!

LOL  LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:00pm
MrPink:  Thanks for posting those commentary videos.  They're brilliant!  I LOVE them!  Thumbs Up Big smile
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It sort of looks to me like all the fabric of the legs of a pair of jeans was cut away except for the outer seams and cuffs, then (or before the cutting) some little trim was sewn on.

I'm guessing this is the end-all of all "cut up" jeans... or maybe her trendy model answer to the see-through knee mom jeans.

My favorite part is still the half of the shirt tucked all the way through to hang out the leg. Confused
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

My favorite part is still the half of the shirt tucked all the way through to hang out the leg. Confused

IK,R?

I guess the much less "fashion forward" girl with her is her faithful but slightly chubby (can't have her looking better than the star) personal assistant.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 5:50am

Honestly, everybody's time would be better spent watching someone washing a cat.

Quote Darthhillbilly wrote:

Probably can't afford an Untuckit...  LOL
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 6:03am
This ad pisses me off too.  It smacks of some kind of overly mushy, tree-hugger, love everybody mentality that feels good for 5 minutes, but never really solves the problem. 

I know all cops aren't bad, but I have personally witnessed cops lie in court, intimidate people, beat people up, and commit numerous felonies.  And I have no criminal record of any kind.  On top of that, I have seen many videos that highlight police misconduct.  As a result, I am very skeptical of the police and cannot trust them prima facie.  I think the police need to be watched and always kept on video.  If they do the right thing, then there's no problem.

Here is one example of police breaking the law and violating rights from April 2011.  There are many other examples:

the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 12:18pm
I've never seen the ad. Just little snippets in between media coverage. I'm sure I couldn't say anything that hasn't already been said anyway. But this feels appropriate, so I'll leave it here:

The whole album effectively sums up the cynical manipulation and plasticity of advertising by making a ridiculous spectacle of turning it in on itself, specifically using Coke and Pepsi ads to illustrate the concept. I don't know if, musically, the album would be to many people's taste. The above track is probably the most accessible/pop-oriented recording Negativland have ever done. But, as I said, it seems appropriate in the context of this thread.

This track's even more poignant [Trigger warning: Faye Dunaway drops the F-bomb repeatedly throughout]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QCTk8_f_-U
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:12pm
One of the most cringeworthy commercials ever created.

IF this was a Mento's commercial, it might work though! LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:18pm
I'm glad Pepsi pulled this ad, but not because it supposedly mimics the BLM BS, but because I hate the commercial!  Disapprove
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:24pm
A perfect case of the end justifies the means if ever there was one.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic