Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any old songs that you can't forget.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 6:08pm
That was the third album for which I actually paid money...and then there was this
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 6:35pm
^ Odd subject matter but a great song no less.
My older sister is 4 years older. She introduced me to the great songs of the 70s.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 6:38pm
Big smileYay me...time to go back out into the backwoods mountain country for a break...some people out there have teeth and some children actually have had clean diapers...and all I can think of is this not-so-old tune
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 4:04am
About to leave for awhile - 'jump & drive time' - and I'm probably damning myself for even thinking of the only tolerable 'Drive Time' commercial I can think of...
...oh...well, at least I got the RapSong right...I think I want to retire and work at an oldies station where you can get a haircut and a beer and maybe I'll cook again...up on Wolfy Island.
What I WAS thinking of the rainy night tonight with roughly 100 outside...

...and where I will end up ('truckin' up to Buffalo...takes time to mellow slow...')

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:42am
^  Brook Benton.  When I was a kid, I loved The Boll Weevil Song.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 7:03pm
A post from another member made me think of this song.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 7:17pm
I saw a cheesy old movie this morning with a really poor remake of this great song.  IMHO  The best Beach Boys song of all time

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 7:47pm
Great song!!!!

Watched an interesting interview with Mike Love just yesterday on Overhead with Evan Smith

If you're interested, here's a link to the full episode, I believe.

Mike Love interview Overhead with Evan Smith

Should be about 30 minutes. A lot of really good behind the scenes Beach Boys stuff.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 8:49pm
I'd go with this song (from the same album):

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 6:54pm
A song from BTO that didn't have much radio time. Any blue collar worker out there will appreciate this song.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:40am
Wink...for anyone that listened to the Roger Waters cuts I dropped in the 'new music' thread, here's something to rip that lead monkey right off your shoulders...
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:52am
^ I'll see that and raise you:

should probably check out that BB&A album...seems like it'd be right up my alley.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:09am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

A song from BTO that didn't have much radio time. Any blue collar worker out there will appreciate this song.

This is my all time favorite musical ode to the blue collar man...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:10am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Wink...for anyone that listened to the Roger Waters cuts I dropped in the 'new music' thread, here's something to rip that lead monkey right off your shoulders...

I've still got that album somewhere.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

<BBA Album Cover>

I've still got that album somewhere.
WinkAt first, I didn't really like the album...but who wasn't a Cactus fan? And when the Japanese double-live (same cover, except pink) BBA came out, it was expensive as can be and you almost had to get in a fist-fight to get a copy...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 8:59am
My bro and I were just talking about Beck.  He mentioned that Beck was once considered for becoming a member of Pink Floyd.  Beck never did get the fame that some of his fellow Yardbirders got.

Also, he pointed out some videos.  One was Beck's cover of A Day in the Life.  The other was this Les Paul/Mary Ford duet with Imelda May:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My bro and I were just talking about Beck.  He mentioned that Beck was once considered for becoming a member of Pink Floyd.  Beck never did get the fame that some of his fellow Yardbirders got.

Also, he pointed out some videos.  One was Beck's cover of A Day in the Life.  The other was this Les Paul/Mary Ford duet with Imelda May:

Big smileWink
Beck is all over Imelda May's newest album, including this beauty:
...and as a PF member? True and sort of funny as they both were scared of asking each other - sort of like 'The Perfect Date That Never Happened'. However, tell your bro they, in old age, they sort of got together for a 'Wrinkle Weekend Washout' - he played on RW's 2015 re-working of 'Amused to Death'
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:40am
Wink...from the 'soft side of the wolf'...once upon a time I would occasionally pick up albums and buy them based off of the fact I liked the cover ('Sleeping Gypsy'), as I did with this one. Ended up with plenty of duds, but this was the greatest 'home run' I ever hit on pure chance - never had heard of him, has no clue what I was buying...and I was instantly floored. I even got 'nookie' for dinner that night, even though MissyD knew who he was!  
We used to see go see Michael Franks every chance we got and I got lucky every time! Guess that explains the kids...

...Franks has SO MANY tunes that once I get into listening to his stuff, I don't quit. Every album he put out has been excellent.  

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:51pm
I was going to post Jeff Beck and Emogen Heap "Rollin and Tumblin" video. I had the YouTube link saved but this is what I now get.

This video contains content from Eagle Rock. It is not available in your country.

Sorry about that. Confused Has anyone else experienced this BS?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:06pm
Are you having trouble, Sarge?

I love Jeff Beck.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:10pm
I wonder if there is a way to connect my computer to the stereo amp...SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I was going to post Jeff Beck and Emogen Heap "Rollin and Tumblin" video. I had the YouTube link saved but this is what I now get.

This video contains content from Eagle Rock. It is not available in your country.

Sorry about that. Confused Has anyone else experienced this BS?

This one?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:01pm
I can't think of Jeff Beck without thinking of this guitar great from the same era.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:31pm
Livin' in the Day of the Eagle.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:41pm

Beck is all over Imelda May's newest album, including this beauty:

I wonder if Beck ever heard Santo and Johnny's SleepwalkWink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic