Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any old songs that you can't forget.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:44pm
That's an oldie, alright.

Written back in that innocent era when every 5th or 6th car on the road wasn't being driven by a psychotic serial killer out cruising the highways looking for their next victim.

Ahhhhh, the good ol' days...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:30pm

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 11:04pm
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 7:53pm
The month of July is almost over...I almost forgot to post this song.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:03am
Road work - small group of us were 'roadies for rent'. Think they're called something else now as 'roadie' just sounded a little too much like 'boy whores' when we were the TECHNICIANS, not the 'groupies'. We got all the technical setup and silliness, then the tear-down after the show. I don't think people realize how much 'prep work' goes into the setup and sound checks and adjustments all the way until the last minute before a show, especially if setting up for musicians who are perfectionists and/or bullies. Some folks were just nicer than others but there were plenty of times I wanted to turn and walk away. And no, it isn't a 'stoned life' - one has to be alert and ready, no excuses.
And tearing down? Sometimes not traveling with the band, but rather meeting up in the next city, things could get dicey when it came to train and bus schedules or if crossing into certain countries - sometimes only a subset of folks would go because of visa issues, or, like me after an ELP concert in Mannheim one beautiful summer evening...I hopped onto a train for a 30 minute ride to Heidelberg, but fell asleep and woke up near the iron curtain, where I got (happily) tossed off the train. When you left an event, you were TIRED, if not exhausted.
I got to work my tail off for a few groups. Rich? Not a chance. Free concerts? You bet. Meet people? All kinds and a lot - and it was really shocking when someone would remember you after not seeing you for years. It still makes me feel good.

No, no...bootleg stuff was not accessible, or was a good way to get fired.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 2:23am
Good stuff with that video.  I need more prime live Genesis (outside of the '73 live album).

In what capacity did you work with them?
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 1:41am
^^^Thank You, NR!Big smile I started working with them soon after this album came out...my FAVORITE cut was this....especially if you could experience it in front of Tony Bank's towers - you could literally feel the music resonate through your body....and if you were slightly tilted, that feeling was electric.
When it comes to the keyboards at high volume without blowing out your eardrums while standing in front of the speakers, nobody can quite make a person feel their molecules rattle like Banks can...and that is an amazing feeling.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:40am

The whole Selling England by the Pound album counts too, really.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

"Frampton Comes Alive" was another LP I wore out. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:05pm

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
KFC Georgia Gold? Golden Slumbers?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 5:49pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 3:01am
All the FwM chatter really took me back to where they really grabbed their original crowd...with something everyone will remember the first 2:20 of and never recall hearing the last 6:30 of (which I rate right up with anything as dreamy as PF, Genesis, King Crimson, or the like ever did...all about the time both Peter Green (FwM) and Syd Barrett (of PF) both went nuts and just about everyone else found religion in some strange corner of the earth if they hadn't moved to Canada.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 4:40am
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 12:35am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 8:46pm
Confused...well, there weren't really any old songs I couldn't forget, today...but I found one I don't exactly remember. Kinda 'catchy', doncha knowWink

Who was the singer? HehungLo Butnonutts

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I was going to post Jeff Beck and Emogen Heap "Rollin and Tumblin" video. I had the YouTube link saved but this is what I now get.

This video contains content from Eagle Rock. It is not available in your country.

Sorry about that. Confused Has anyone else experienced this BS?

This one?

I could access that one for audio but I had saved a link to the performance video/audio.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 11:28pm
Probably called Chuck Negron for advice.

Hello, Chuck?  My dick's a bloody pulp.  Any advice?  And Oh, did you ever f*ck anyone to death?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 9:34pm
But what did he do the next day??

I'm thinking maybe sat in a tub of cold water.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 9:14pm
One of the reasons punk rock was great:

Song's about a guy who takes a sex drug and proceeds to have sex with 24 women in 24 hours.  Apparently, he f*cks one of them to death ("She wasn't what you'd call living really").

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:51pm
I might have to let that bird out.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 6:42pm

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 6:37pm
I'm having a 3 Dog Day Afternoon minus one.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 12:46am
I'm sure the "Church Lady" would've had a thing or two to say, too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Speaking of "frenetic" guitar playing, I work with this guy Tommy who's in a metal band called Kissing Candice.  He's one of the guitarists.  I understand he's pretty good.  Smart, nice guy, too.  Works at Walmart while not touring.  I always kid him that he's playing Satan's music.  Despite the style of music he plays (he likes shredding but doesn't do it with his band's style of music), he loves all sorts of rock guitar styles---from Keith Richards and Jeff Beck to Mark Bolan and Adrian Belew.

Here's his band.  He's the guy with the dreads.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic