Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

J.G. Wentworth "Boy Band"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J.G. Wentworth "Boy Band"
    Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 7:24pm
I admit the original J.G. Wentworth "opera" commercial is somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me because it's so terrible it's funny. All the variations that have come out since, however, have been completely devoid of the humor that made the original (somewhat) fun. This appears to be the latest.  I can't decide which is worse, this or Progressive/Flo's "Dizzcounts."

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 7:49pm
The 1990's called.

They want their cultural reference back.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 7:50pm
There is a new version of this playing here...same insufferable gaytastic song but they have dubbed in videos sent in by fellow viewers. "Shot at the spot"
More thoughts from another thread.

Direct Link To This Post Topic: J G Wentworth 'Shot at the Spot' (video)
AshieGray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshieGray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 2:02pm
This commercial with the jiveass white boys doing hip-hop is the dumbest thing next to the toothy woman in the dental ad. Boy band indeed. Who are they trying to kid? The autotune song is annoying. The guys are trying too hard to imitate NKOTB. Lip syncing. The opera ads are funny, this one is just pathetic. JG Wentworth, you ain't all that with this ad. <2 snaps up and 2 snaps down, you iz nuttin' but a clown!> LOL Ermm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 3:49pm
Disapprove....awwwwww hell.
Bad time to not have my glasses on - I thought the title of this thread was 'Boy Bond'. That's just wrong and *I* was going to have a LOT to say about how wrong it is for JGW to be promoting homo pedophiles.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 7:25pm
Oh jeez, I think I'm gonna puke! I thought this sh*t ended when the 1990s passed!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 6:28pm
I can't believe this fagtastic commercial is still on the air! Angry
JrZyChris View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JrZyChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:52pm
I want to rip that upside-down visor off of that douchebag - possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.AngryDead
Duncs, what's up with the back fat?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 3:22pm
The late 1990s to the early 2000s was the one of the worst decades for music. The only good music could be found on Test Drive 5, Gran Turismo, Driver, Demolition Racer, Test Drive Off-road 3 and other video games!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic