Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm "Jacked Up"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm "Jacked Up"
    Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 12:47pm
When I first saw this commercial I though it was pretty good. However now that it has been around for nearly 9 months I am wishing they would lose it already.

Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 5:04am
I didn't know an insurance company gave out car loans.  Confused

I want to see this ad in reverse:  A cute adorable blonde-haired blue-eyed white teen comes out of the nice house to ecstatically see her new car, while white dad accepts the accolades,

and black store owner comes out to see black guy's piece of crap car without wheels.

I'm always seeing how these ads are pandering to the reverse-universe.  Wives are always smarter than husbands, women are always smarter than men, blacks are on top of the world while whites are stupid losers because if it showed black people in unattractive or unappealing socio-economic situations it would be racist, etc. etc.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 5:15am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I want to see this ad in reverse:  A cute adorable blonde-haired blue-eyed white teen comes out of the nice house to ecstatically see her new car, while white dad accepts the accolades,

and black store owner comes out to see black guy's piece of crap car without wheels.

I'm always seeing how these ads are pandering to the reverse-universe.  Wives are always smarter than husbands, women are always smarter than men, blacks are on top of the world while whites are stupid losers because if it showed black people in unattractive or unappealing socio-economic situations it would be racist, etc. etc.

An ongoing trend that many of us here in CIH land have received over and over and over again, to no avail.

They just aren't listening to us.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 8:57am
A few years ago, there was a commercial which depicted the sensible black owner of a dry cleaning establishment looking with dismay over his shoulder at his white male employee who, for some reason, was hanging from the revolving clothing rack in a jacket or something, flailing goofily about as the rack revolved.

I forget what the commercial was for, but try to imagine that one with the roles reversed.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

A few years ago, there was a commercial which depicted the sensible black owner of a dry cleaning establishment looking with dismay over his shoulder at his white male employee who, for some reason, was hanging from the revolving clothing rack in a jacket or something, flailing goofily about as the rack revolved.

I forget what the commercial was for, but try to imagine that one with the roles reversed.

The day you see that, we're in deep trouble.  
Times are already getting worse - my own kids are worried, one just marched in a BLM protest and I consider that just begging for trouble.
God help us.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:28am
Guess what commercial is back.

Now I have a source who says they will soon release an extended version of said commercial. Here is what happens next.

The girl leaves the State Farm agency to discover her car is sitting up on blocks with the tires missing. She goes back into the State Farm office where she is told State Farm will not cover it because the thieves used the wrong type of blocks. It then cuts to the man putting tires on his car and mentioning how he hoped he wiped that smiles off that girl's face.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

An ongoing trend that many of us here in CIH land have received over and over and over again, to no avail.

They just aren't listening to us.
OuchJust because it is a year later and I had to experience it today...this is all about 'entitlement', these days - not 'equal rights'. Folks these days know NOTHING about 'equal rights' and what lead up to where we are now, but they DO know if YOUR forefathers were sold into slavery, they'd treat you more as an equal. Well, I'm so damned sorry! Just because your forefathers were slaves and then stuck behind bars for generations, *MY* forefathers were poor murderous street fighters  taken from Ireland and sold into slavery in the Northeast and spent some time behind bars, but even more IN bars...so, I think we're equal. but *I* don't go walkin' all around, waggin' tail and acting 'entitled'...everybody has ancestry from somewhere and everyone has a 'history' - we're just not that different, especially today. Yea, take the 'uppity silliness' away, reverse the roles and get over yourselves. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic