Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Robert Osborne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Robert Osborne
    Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:43pm
One of the smartest classic movie experts has passed away. Robert Osborne was the man you saw every day on Turner Classic Movies, introducing and concluding its mass collection of thousands of classic movies. He died today at the age of 84. Osborne will be dearly missed by all of us! CryCry

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/robert-osborne-turner-classic-movies-host-and-film-historian-dies-at-84/2017/03/06/a501c406-02a3-11e7-b9fa-ed727b644a0b_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.cf204c439d56
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 11:17pm
Rest In Eternal Peace, Robert Osborne. You taught me many things about films during you time on TCM. I will miss you forever. You were classy and articulate in your presence on that network, as well as being a font of information.
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 11:53pm
I used to watch in the years he had Drew Barrymore on with him.  She was no slouch either.  Really knew her stuff.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 11:56pm
I guess when your name is Barrymore, it's kind of a given that you'd know your stuff about old movies... especially given that your immediate family members are in half of them.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:35pm
Damn!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic