Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Choice Hotels- Badda Book (link)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choice Hotels- Badda Book (link)
    Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 7:15pm
When I see a commercial like this, and maybe this is just me, I think of something else that is related or similar.  Is this some sort of condition yet? LOL

Badda Book....Bada Bing?

For anyone who enjoyed the HBO series The Sopranos, it later played on lower tier cable channels.

Tony's hangout was called the Bada Bing, a strip club owned by Silvio.

Sponsored Links

Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 1:24pm
This is one of those ad campains (emphasis on PAIN) that makes me LUNGE for the mute button!   
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 3:04pm
Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life here.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:34am
"Bada bing" is onomatopoeia for a classic comedy "rimshot" on a drum set - the punctuation at the end of a joke. Slang for a phrase in the vein of "see how easy that was?"

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

The phrase was popularized by a reference (to a gunshot) in the Godfather films, hence the Sopranos connection. 

And yeah, these commercials are obnoxious. 

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 2:09am
Thank you for adding this horrible ad. I want to punch that pillock right in his throat. I live in New Jersey, do you know how tired I am from the wannabe idiots who use that sort of vernacular every day?
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Thank you for adding this horrible ad. I want to punch that pillock right in his throat. I live in New Jersey, do you know how tired I am from the wannabe idiots who use that sort of vernacular every day?

Agreed.  I blame the Sopranos and Jersey Shore and the whole Guido thing of the past 10 or 15 years.  I hear this sort of stuff on the radio and local commercials all the time.  The worst is Curtis Sliwa (Guardian Angels founder and WABC talk show host).  I know it's supposed to sound "folksy" (as Jimbo pointed out recently), but I find it to be the opposite---pretentious and forced.

insertclevernamehere View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insertclevernamehere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 6:52pm
What I hate most about this guy is it's beyond obvious he's not even remotely from that type of background. I mean look at his weasel face and how forced it is! If you're going to use stereotypes, at least employ the real thing.
teddybearman View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddybearman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:09pm
I Choice Hotels was the only hotel chain left, I would buy a tent!  What an obnoxious ad!!!Dead
the Teddy
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddybearman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:10pm
If Choice Hotels was the only hotel left, I would buy a tent!Dead
the Teddy
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddybearman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:12pm
AMEN!
the Teddy
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddybearman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:15pm
An ignorant slam to a culture of people!Angry
the Teddy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic